AJ's Setup Workshop

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Adam Jonas, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Id say wtcr and adac gt masters setups are for the current physics of the respective cars. Dont think the dtm 2015 setups still work

• Like Like x 2
  2. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Just as Nico said above, the DTM 2015 setups based on the old physics - it might work, might not. The current up-to-date setups are for the WTCR and ADAC GT Masters cars.

• Like Like x 1
  3. greamec

greamec New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thank you. Out of interest how much quicker from base setup to your own setup do you get?
    Cheers greame

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  4. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    A lot.

Or, at least, for my driving style/technique the baseline setup didn't work properly. For example, the Porsche was too understeery, compared to the setup I did and what you can find in my first post. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    The setups for the first 2 cars I tested (BMW, Porsche) are available in the link of the first post - and you can find the onboard footage as well! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    @greamec

You asked that how different are my setups compared to the baseline setups. Here's a good comparison in the case of the Callaway Corvette:
    Baseline setup:
    [​IMG]

My setup:
    [​IMG]

The baseline setup was very understeery for me; it was damn hard to turn the car in slower corners, especially in T2, but it was difficult to drive in fast corners as well. My setup is much more balanced in my opinion; or, at least, it's fit much better for my driving style. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Callaway Corvette GT3-R setup added in the first post for Oschersleben! ;) (And video is alive now on my channel too.)

• Like Like x 1
  8. greamec

greamec New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Adam, looking forward to trying these out over the next few days.
    Greame

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. davidantx

davidantx Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for sharing, it's very much appreciated

• Like Like x 1
  10. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    You are welcome guys! :)

I'm just thinking about to make a documentation/video about the behaviour of the different cars, and how you should drive & set-up them - what do you think about this idea? Let me know please if you like it. :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Hi Adam,
    I only can say thank for sharing your great setups so far. It fit´s perfect for my driving style at least. I wanna thank you so much for sharing your knowledge for so many different cars.
    I definitly looking forward to get more GT3 setups in the near future.
    All the best and I will check your post at least once a day ;-)
    Cheers...

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  12. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    GTR4 (Lotus) wil be a welcome one for me

13. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Thank you mate, so happy to read this! :)

14. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys,

I have some bad news. This Monday I bought a new GPU (RTX 2060), but it turned out it has a very frustrating coil whine. That means I need to bring it back to the shop, and I don't know when I will get the replacement GPU.

Unfortunately, there is a high possibility I can't make setups for all 5 cars of the Round 2. I try to produce as many as possible today, and make videos of them.

Sorry folks, and please keep your fingers crossed for me. :)

15. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Bad news: 2 cars with setup will be missing from Round #2.

Good news: the 3 other cars' video is under editing right now :D

16. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    cheers for sharing. opening the good docs sheet the data is blank. is the list bugged on google docs?

17. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Depends on which one. I did not have enough time to fill up the sheets for Mercedes and Audi yet - try to make it tomorrow.

18. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Oh and great.

I look forward to trying out your set ups.

I will experiment and I i find some useful changes ill talk about them here. I usually run 90 mins races so Ill give tyre feed back if say your settings work well for 90 mins or not etc etc.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  19. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    This makes very little sense. You said the car was difficult to turn in yet you have stiffened the front end keeping weight off the front tyres under braking. You've also toed in the front wheels and out the rear, that only makes turn in worse and the rear unstable. If your driving style is to slide it around corners then I suppose it could work but tyre wear is going to be awful....

20. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    In normal circuimstances yes, you would be right. But somehow, the physics of the game is not reacting so drastically in terms of turning for the toe out; but the proper toe in gives you a pretty good feeling on braking stability... In iRacing, for example, I would set toe out in front and toe in for the back.

The other way to make the car to turn is decreasing the stability (grip) of the rear end in corners. It's a common technique when you drive FWD cars. (In case of FWD cars, you play with the brakes, in the case of RWD cars you can play with the throttle.) If you can't use this setup correctly, yes, it can give you high tyre wear - but you will experience the same with different setups if you are not driving the car in the proper way...

Trust me, I tried - 1.00 toe out, but I did not feel the car better with this setting, so dont worry, I did not lose my mind, lol. (Sometimes things just look like workkng differently in R3E...)