Thoughts on new physics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SunnySunday, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Its easy, copy and paste, job done, nothing technical or complicated.

2. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    For someone who knows what theyre doing perhaps. But so far for me this has meant having to ask at least twice how to make it work, closing and opening the game now, reading through the file and its not yet working. With a screenshot all of the above wouldve fallen away and i wouldve had everything setup within max 30 seconds :D

3. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    And rather unsurprisingly i still cant get it to work. After having to find a way to open the document in the first place, now im stuck not being able to delete alexs device name and so on to put mine in there

4. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    These files are fully editable in Notepad.
    p.s. I recommend making a copy to edit in case you make a mistake when editing and saving. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Everything you need is right there, think of it this way, today you learned something new :D I probably should of mentioned notepad or that any other text based editor will do the job, but i thought a man\woman of your skills would of had it done by now:p

6. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Well you shouldnt overestimate peoples skills :D
    See so now i gotta see if i have notepad on my laptop. If i hadnt given up on trying those ffb settings today i would now have to close and open the game once again. You must have a weird sense of whats (un)complicated ;D

7. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Post your controller profile here, i`ll edit it for you.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Pcs already turned off now :D
    If i still dont get it to work tomorrow ill get back to you :D

9. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    No worries.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    well here you go :D

Attached Files:

11. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Done, nothing else changed except device id, will show up ingame as "Logitech G920 Driving Force Alex_unique"
    Be sure it goes into my documents \My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Finally works :D
    Thanks for your work and for staying patient with me ;)

13. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Guess i was a little quick to judge when i was able to look at the ffb settings in game :D
    I then proceeded to manually change all the numbers in my profile to those from alexs to avoid having to map all the buttons to what i want them to be. However the moment i wanted to pull out the pits the game crashed. Did that twice and if wanted i can add the crash files later on. So then i just selected alexs profile and wanted to start driving which turned out to be rather difficult as well. It was like the "look right" button was constantly pressed which made driving rather hard :D over the half lap i did like that i already came to the conclusion tho that i prefer my own ffb settings anyways and hence will not continue trying to get this to work :D

14. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Not a problem, at least you got it working, sort of ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. DrBoom

DrBoom Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I had a very pleasant experience with the new WTCC/WTCR physics last night. Here is a copy of a comment I left at RaceDepartment.

Last night, I enjoyed some of the most satisfying single player races using both WTCC 2013 and WTCR 2019 at Hockenheimring. I started by trying out the new Lynx &Co WTCR 2019 car and I had a blast. I absolutely love that car. I noticed that the handling of the WTCC/WTCR cars has changed compared to previous iterations. So, I decided to do a similar race with, some well know to me, WTCC 2013 cars. I started with a race in the Lada Granta. I never had so much fun with that car before. Then, I completely lost track of time and I ended up doing the same race with all the cars in WTCC 2013 in turn and each of those races were fantastic.

Based on my experience, the tweaks made by Sector 3, make the cars a bit more predictable. I had fun mastering throttle lift-off oversteer in the FWD cars. I also found that on corner exit, I could smash the throttle earlier with better confidence that I would not lose the back end.

In the end, I was more focused on race craft than keeping the cars on track which is a nice of change of pace for me. Also, the AI was pleasantly aware. I barely had any incidents all night.

Congratulations to Sector 3 Studios, they have done us a solid.

• Like Like x 4
  16. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    o_O you can obviously read and write as youm here.
    If you can't follow instructions then how are you still alive?
    If it's patience you lack then I recommend a big fat one before you even begin. :cool:
    We are talking PC's here, rarely do things work first time, break the task down into smaller steps, we're not talking rocket science here. :D
    Didn't work for me at first either but then I'm a man, I didn't need some dumb set of instructions telling me what to do, :oops: apparently I'm not and I did. ;)

17. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Its more about being lazy and not particularily interested in learning certain things. If theres an easy way why would i wanna choose the difficult one (which btw still didnt work properly after numerous instructions and help from others ;) ) :D

18. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Damn, too lazy to make the effort and not interested in learning!
    Thats bleak!
    Its there on a plate why would you want to make an effort to learn it? Thats the internet for you!
    Why would you want to choose the difficult way? Why not, educate yourself, knowledge is king and as you get older the more you appreciate it!

19. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    May well be. But unless its something important to me ill rather not do it/have it if itd take a lot of effort
    Not quite sure what was there on a plate in this case. Took a day or two of writing and trying and it still only semi worked..
    Not sure it has much to do with the internet either ;)
    Why not? Cuz as i said im lazy and tend to prefer the more comfortable road. Might not be a wise approach but that wont stop me from thinking like that for now anyways :D sure the knowledge might come in handy at one point or another but realistically its not very likely for this specific instance and im willing to take the risk of it lacking in the future. Besides as it still didnt work properly there wasnt much knowledge i could gain from that anyways other than finding out what doesnt work :D

20. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Lol, life mate!