Released 30th January 2019 - Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I always like to think i stick to the limits as often as possible without deliberately crossing the line, but watching a few of my replays can see many times i have crossed them without even realising it.

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. Timmy L

Timmy L Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    It’s not ‘cheating’ if the game allows you to do it, is it?
    However, from a sportsmanship point of view it is.
    Personally I always try to say within the lines, and will use the curbs as they do in real life.
    Racing other people, sometimes you have to go over track limits, to avoid a crash etc.
    Last night I decided to try a few of the online competitions, picked a random person to follow, and to be honest was rather surprised at the amount of off-road driving that was going on..
    Full car on the grass..
    Picked someone else, same thing.
    To be honest, it looked more like Mario Cart..
    Totally understand people want to go fast, and be the best etc, also totally understand why some people spend hours looking for places without cutting/off track penalties.
    So, maybe the cutting/off track limits in leaderboard/competitions events need to be tighter, a lot tighter.
    And maybe leave it as it is for general racing.
    Understand people will moan, however once you have seen it, one has to wonder if this is a track race, or is it rallycross..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I wish they were stricter at lots of tracks, tho i get more frustrated at the actual penalties dished out than the cut itself.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Timmy L

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, they are ‘wrong if they do, and wrong if they don’t’..
    Must be very hard for the developers to find a happy solution, that pleases most..
    Headache inducing..!
    Still, with 100% of the car on the grass in a timed lap competition and the lap still stands, that’s not right.
    Please don’t get me wrong, no one is cheating, because as it stands the game allows players to do it.
    However to be honest, it does make me think, why bother.

5. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    On which track did you see that? I can't think of any track where this is allowed and where it actually would be faster.

6. Timmy L

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    It was, Oschersleben.
    Two things happened, 100% off on the grass, and one corner that has cones and a line, 100% passed the cones and way beyond the line.
    I did not take notice of the drivers name, however the laps are there if you can be bothered to look, just a lot to look at..

7. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Do you (or anyone else) have any recordings of the event?

8. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    If i understood everything correctly it was on the leaderboard for round 1 of the adac gt masters esports championship. But with him not remembering the name youll likely have to drive against a few ghosts to find such a case

9. Timmy L

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Correct.
    Sorry I cannot remember the name, did not take much notice.
    Just clicked some random guy, for someone to chase.
    And then later someone else, same thing except different place.
    One car was an Audi, other I think Porsche, still it is really not for us to be looking, it just should not happen.
    Understand ‘they’ need proof, but still..

10. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    You must be mixing something up. In Oschersleben, there's not a single place where you could cut a corner over the grass. You are probably talking about the chicane, but there is no grass on the inside and you still need to be on the kerb with 2 tires.

11. Timmy L

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Really...
    So it is me ‘mixing something up’..
    I did not say, ‘you could cut a corner over the track’.
    I also know what a bloody ‘chicane’ looks like..
    I am saying, a car went off track, over the line 100%, over curbs, over Astro, onto the grass, carried on, rejoined, and the lap stands, in a timed lap competition.
    The same car also goes over the line 100% just before the corner where the cones are; to get a ‘better’ line. 100% over the line.
    In real life, you go off track, you lose the lap.
    In this game, you go off track, you do not lose the lap.
    You have developers publishing images showing players track limits, yet in practice this is not the case.
    I just mentioned it, it is not for me to be naming people, because as I have stated they are doing nothing wrong, the game allows this, it is not for me to be taking screen shots, I do not have to prove anything, the recordings of all laps are sat on RaceRoom’s hard drives..
    So, instead of spending time trying to prove me wrong, go and view the replays and look for off track stuff.
    Let’s play a game.
    Just pretend one of those ‘pro’ teams chasing a top prize in one of these competitions loses out, and does not qualify for the ‘big’ race, and notices a player that has gone off track, has qualified ahead of them..
    Especially when it has been clearly stated what is ‘off-track’, and what is not, via images published by the developers.
    Could get rather difficult..
    Trust me, sponsors really do not like that kind of stuff..x

12. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    @Timmy L well if we want that issue sorted why dont we show a little more cooperation? ;)
    Do you remember which corner the grass incident occured at? And did you challenge one of the aliens or someone a bit quicker or slower than you? If the latter then whats your lap time? Just to narrow it down a little you know

13. Timmy L

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Nico, it is not about a lack of ‘cooperation’ from me, honest.
    I don’t know the names of the corners, etc.
    I have never taken screen shots of other people’s lap, so not sure how to..
    The ‘grass’ thing was the right hand corner after the chicane, the car was on the limit, as in over the curb, and on the astro, drove in a straight line off track on the grass.
    He/she did well keeping it pointing the right way.
    It happened with 2 different cars, both about a second faster than me, so, just for you I will look again later.
    I am downstairs at the moment, pc upstairs.
    If people want to find my times, just look for the stripes, image above left, next to someone called Tim.

14. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    If someone will look into this im sure this answer will make it a bit easier so thank you for that :)

15. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Rules are defined by the game, if at some point of the track the game allows you to put 4 wheels outside track you should do it.
    There are some examples of this in R3E, it's only some turns on some tracks, and it also happens IRL.
    But I never saw in R3E a turn where it's faster to drive on the grass.

Make a screenshot of what you see if you want to report it, use your "printscreen" key and just paste (CTRL + V) the image in your message.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Two things:

Firstly, there is no need to invalidate laps when you lose time by going off the track. Grass is a natural track limit and you always lose time on it in Oschersleben.

Secondly, feel free to watch the real ADAC GT Masters 2018 race in Oschersleben to see how they deal with the white lines in real life (spoiler: they don't give a shit):

• Like Like x 1
  17. Giangio

Giangio Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Screenshot_20190304-200659.png IMG_20190304_210014.png

• Like Like x 2
  18. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    For a short but very exciting moment I really thought, that this might be a first S3 RRE glimpse on what to come.....I only can send some prayers Sector 3 is at least considering the opportunity to bring the (new) DTM Experience back to life (or whatever is called from 2020 on).... fingers crossed !....

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Giangio

Giangio Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    il nuovo dtm sarà come wtcr, unirá europa e japan
    Forza settore 3 !!!

20. Giangio

Giangio Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Screenshot_20190304-210353.png Screenshot_20190304-210358.png