Poll: What's next for the best racing sim on the planet??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bindaree Racing, Feb 4, 2019.

?

What's next for the best racing sim on the planet??

Poll closed Feb 19, 2019.
  1. NIGHT RACING/RAIN

45 vote(s)
    53.6%
  2. SUPERCARS AUSTRALIA SERIES

6 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. CLASS ONE SERIES (DTM/SUPER GT)

9 vote(s)
    10.7%
  4. NASCAR SERIES

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  5. CUSTOM SKINS AVAILABILITY

13 vote(s)
    15.5%
  6. MORE AUSSIE/NZ TRACKS

8 vote(s)
    9.5%
  7. MORE US TRACKS

14 vote(s)
    16.7%
  8. MORE ASIAN TRACKS

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  9. MORE EUROPEAN TRACKS

7 vote(s)
    8.3%
  10. OTHER

29 vote(s)
    34.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    The idea of day night and rain feature is doing my head in! I want this but at the same time im thinking not very important.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. FlakNine

FlakNine Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    With the benefit of hindsight I kinda wish they'd been separated out in the poll since they are two different problems for the developers to solve. Thinking back to racing in PC2, I enjoyed day/night transitions for endurance races, managing changes in temperatures added another element to the race, plus the visual aspect of racing in the dark was fun and immersive. Rain and other weather effects were more of a novelty but not something I ever enjoyed racing in.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    :D Well hate to spoil your fun but just about every thread ends in a wish list debate, so finding a topical thread that hasn't Frankensteined into an I want list is more tiresome than reading the bloody thing in the first place.
    I can be very topical but only when there is something to talk about, of which there is plenty. Imho wish lists just breed contempt from the people reminded of what's not in RR rather than what is. @Alex Hodgkinson is working on tyre features, @Anthony Monteil really wants to record Italian cars, etc. etc. Plenty to talk about, if you check the stats, I've probably talked enough, on numerous topics, this certain topic though should have it's own fixed thread so not every conversation gets hijacked.
    The 'I want' thread resembles a barnacle on the arse, whilst sliding down the Bannister of life.
    A sore point!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bindaree Racing

Bindaree Racing Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    But this hasn't Frankensteined, it clearly started out as a "want list" as you put it from the beginning, so that point is moot.

I have checked the stats and to be completely honest you seem to have some sand in you Va&$%a lately with some of your responses, but maybe I misunderstand your humor.

I don't doubt that Sector 3 are working incredabily hard behind the scenes improving this already fantastic game. I've played many sims but I keep coming back to this one because as I've stated before, RRE to me is the best sim to play.

The only hijacking of this thread has been by you as it started out as a conversation that you hate so much and have rained on it.

So maybe the thing to do is to leave us peasants to frolic in the cesspit of this thread and move on to more highbrow topics.

But don't worry, your vote for a 12 month ban on wish lists will be added to the final result, so you won't miss out and I might even do a 'what is great about RRE' poll next, so don't forget to vote. But don't go turning it into a "wish list" on me, we wouldn't want that.:confused::confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +456 / 0 / -0
    I wish R3E was a DX11 sim :p

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bindaree Racing

Bindaree Racing Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    As OP, I agree would have been better separated. Made a bit of a hash of that one.

Never know, I might even do another features poll but with the best results from this one and expand them or something similar down the track. Just for fun of course, don't want to upset the apple cart too much.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bindaree Racing

Bindaree Racing Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Only a couple of days to go till this poll is closed, so if you want to change your vote, add to it or dare I say it have a voice a difference of opinion about it, (cause it is a free world) now is the time to do it.

GET CLICKING PEOPLES.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  8. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I chose other because the next logical step is to dx11 and better graphics/ day and night.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    This is not a poll, it is an attempt to push day/night and weather over any other feature. Anything not relating to day/night/weather is listed under other, imaginative to say the least. What's the point in having rain, when we don't yet have a full tyre model? o_O Until an engine change you're not going to see any of it, so this thread is moot, is it not? Modding, not going to happen any time soon, that's according to the dev's, so the choice in your poll is what you want or some random content that is probably top of your list.
    This thread is a pick what you prefer off of your "I want list" :rolleyes: and as I said before, every thread turns into one, so a specific thread for all wants and wishes would suit us all.
    If you are going to give 'other' as an option, then expect something other than what you want to hear!

10. Bindaree Racing

Bindaree Racing Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Here he is, I missed you. :hearteyes::hearteyes:. I thought you'd never get back to me, I was getting a bit sad.:disrelieved::disrelieved:. Now where do I start.....

I'm not sure if you actually read the OP, I stated that it only allow's 10 choices so adding everything was never going to happen sunshine. (unless you talk to the dev's for me, I hear you have some pull.) Now I also stated that if this garners enough interest I might do another poll with the top votes of this poll and some new choices. (I bet you're champing at the bit for another poll......sorry I want list.)

On the contrary my dear man, at least 4 of the choices I would not want implemented into the game. I chose these choices after going through the forum and a lot of the threads and getting an idea of peoples interest, good and bad. For transparency, I do not want weather and night added, I struggle with that enough in real life. I chose Aussie/NZ tracks and Custom Skin Availability.

Now I know where you are going with this, are you still worried I won't include your vote because you attached such a hissy fit to it???? I've told you before, I'll make sure your vote gets counted, along with everyone's. Isn't democracy great. I get to make a poll and you get to hate it. It's what makes the world go round.

DON'T FORGET TO KEEP VOTING PEOPLES.​

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    So you'd rather not have a dedicated thread for features wanted randomly by all, you'd rather every thread continued down the I want this route we have now. o_O say's it all I guess and as for my vote (I didn't vote by the way) if you do find it, please feel free to shove it nice and hard, right up where the sun don't shine, for, as I've explained, other than maybe some of the content you list, nowt else is coming, regardless of polls, whether written in Sanskrit or in neon lighting in central square.
    I most definitely have no sway or correspondence what so ever with the development team but what I do, is read what they say, maybe try it some day. ;) I don't really have a problem with polls as such, just pointless ones, trawling through the forum to find what people are talking about mostly, strikes me as making the poll doubly pointless, since you'd already done the research into what's popular or are you just trying to find out what is the most popular, popular thing that people want but have very little chance of getting? Well not at least until many other features pave the way. I'm sure, well constructed polls can aid development of a title but only if the developer sees it and as I said EVERY thread ends in an 'I want thread', if they were all in one place the dev's could peruse at their leisure and you could poll your little heart out til the cows come home.

12. Bindaree Racing

Bindaree Racing Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Temper, temper my sweet. And I'm not allowed anything else up there.......Doctor's orders.

One place would be perfect, but as I've stated....MANY TIMES (maybe it is you that needs to read) current forum rules don't allow it. Like I said, go talk to the developers for me.

Now we could go on and on flirting like this for ages, but what would that achieve? I think we settle this like racers. Online race, you and me. These are the rules;

5 Lap race - Norisring

As you are much more experienced than me I get a 4 lap head start and you have to drive backwards. Oh and I'll be in a GT3 car and you......well let's say a Formula Junior. (Cause I hear you're good, so that should be easy for you.)

If you win, I won't do another poll. If I win.....well let's just say it'll be polls till the cows come home my friend.:D:D

13. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +456 / 0 / -0
    stephpopcorn.gif

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. RacingSym

RacingSym Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Super GT!

15. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    There are three big ones the devs can go to. Car wishlist and track wishlist allow everybody three choices and the results are updated on the first post there somewhat regularly. For non content realted stuff theres a thread along the lines of ideas and suggestions (features..).
    And if someone has a personal interest in directly hearing what people want out of a range of certain things then why not just let them do what they enjoy. Afterall the main point of this forum is for us players to talk about the game. If people were to literally hijack every thread i too would find it annoying but i dont think thats happening a lot on this forum and certainly not in this thread

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  16. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Not playing unless I'm in the NSU! ;) :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Bindaree Racing

Bindaree Racing Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I can't allow that. The NSU looks the same from the front or the back, so how will I know if you're racing backwards??;);)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Damn, you saw through my plan, experience has nothing to do with speed, one of the top guys presently is only 13, little more experience than a Mayfly. All about the youth, dexterity, quick to learn, ambitious, ruthless and relentless, where upon there is moi, Arthritic, swift to forget, couldn't give a shit, bit shirty and a random napper. No contest! ;);)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Seems we have a lot more in common than i care to admit ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. dentalfloss

dentalfloss Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Dynamic racing line, flat-spotting, and asymmetrical setups.