App R3E Reality GT - Multiplayer Broadcast Overlay

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Scout, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I updated this a few days ago to do this exactly actually. :) It is always now a single column that is scrollable when the amount of drivers gets larger than the screensize.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. Greg Metcalf

Greg Metcalf New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    With smaller rows? Be nice to have 36 on screen without scrolling

3. [RWB] FxUK

[RWB] FxUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    @Scout Just looking for a bit of a pointer, if that's ok.
    I'm playing about with a few things and have been considering having the track map as a permanent feature (not 100% sure yet) but as you may remember, we use R3E reality in an unattended way at the moment, which, as it happens, is working out extremely well for us, we love it.

I have made quite a few changes already to the track map to allow for this, but I'm unsure on the best way to automatically activate it between sessions, much in the same way as 'DriverInfo' activates automatically, but hides itself for the result screen, then returns for the next session. At the moment, I have to manually activate the track map.

I have set the flags to default active in the manifest, but it didn't seem to have any effect. I will likely find how to do it, but since you know the code inside out, thought you may be able to save me a bit of investigating time :p

upload_2019-2-18_14-3-46.png

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  4. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    I think this should work, but the trackmap has different loading logic from what I remember, so this may not work. I really havn't touched it since it doesn't work on any half the tracks (since Nords and newer) as the layout SVG files aren't present.

upload_2019-2-18_16-22-51.png

I think I am hitting 39 rows with standard font without scrolling on a 1920x1080 so far.

• Like Like x 2
  5. [RWB] FxUK

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I did try that but it had no effect. No worries though, I will dig a bit deeper and see if I can figure it out. I'm only experimenting anyway at the moment.

6. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    View attachment 16340
    This might be related to a bug where sometimes you need to turn the trackmap on, then off and back on again for it the render. That might be what the issue is.

7. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    As promised, here is a WIP of the new broadcaster control panel with a lot of new useful data. Hovering over data in the table will show a tooltip with some info or extra data. eg Damage where it will show you that components of the car are damaged and how much etc. Some columns are dual purpose, eg DRS & PTP columns show activations remaining, but will also change colour to indicate that a driver is using them. A new "Dedicated" green tyre indicator has been added for series with standardized tyres like Hillclimb, Advan etc.

Tyre Wear and Pit Count/Status are currently placeholders, but may be here soon tm.

Anyway, back to it...

upload_2019-2-20_19-51-46.png

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  8. [RWB] FxUK

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    @Scout - Question.... do you accept donations for your awesome work?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Version 1.7.0 Released
    Hello, a new version is now available. Here is a small update of what is in it.

New Broadcast Controller
    You can now gain more insights into the race and deliver more information to viewers with the new data available to you.

Hovering over a piece of data will tell you more about it. Eg, hovering over the damage for a driver will show you damage indicators for different areas of the care, meanwhile hovering over a country flag will show you the written name of the country etc. This should eliminate a lot of guess work.

upload_2019-2-22_17-35-5.png

upload_2019-2-22_17-35-42.png

* Flags, Tyre Wear & Pit Info should hopefully be added soon, currently they are just placeholders.

TV Style Animation Sequence for Driver Info
    Something which I have been trying to get working for about 2 months, and finally got time to figure out a way. :grimacing:

I updated the driver info widget with a real life motorsport TV style animation sequence which involves a delayed reveal, individual animations, disappearance after ~10 Seconds. This not only looks more professional like real life, but also de-clutters the UI and puts more focus on the racing. It also regains visibility on driver change or deployment of PTP or DRS. The disappearing element is only active in race sessions (to show live split times at all times in practice/quali) and this feature can be disabled in the control panel settings.

Commentary Widget
    Added a new widget to display commentary names. The name(s) can be typed inside the control panel settings.

upload_2019-2-22_17-33-24.png

upload_2019-2-22_17-34-24.png

Code 60 Widget
    In a similar style to the safety car widget, a Code 60 widget (as used in the Hankook 24H Series) has been added that might be useful for rolling starts under pit limiters without the need for a safety car.

upload_2019-2-22_17-40-29.png

Steward Alerts Tweaks
    By default, 'slow down' alerts have been turned off as they looked a bit too noisy and distracting on some streams I watched. There is a setting in the control panel options to show slow down alerts if you wish. However, by default stop & go, drive through penalties are still shown, along with disqualifications.

upload_2019-2-22_17-41-53.png

RaceRoom Special Event Theme
    New theme for RR special events competition series.

upload_2019-2-22_17-43-46.png

PTP Remaining Tab
    Cars that use PTP will now have the remaining PTP activation's shown in the driver info widget.

upload_2019-2-22_17-32-33.png

and some more things....

Full V1.7.0 Changelog
    • [Feature] Set the new broadcast controller as the default.
    • [Feature] Added 'Code 60' indicator in race sessions as used in the 24H series.
    • [Feature] Added commentary names widget. Names can be set in the control option UI.
    • [Feature] Added PTP activations remaining info to the driver info widget for classes with PTP.
    • [Feature] Added TV style reveal/hide animation handling to the driver info widget in race sessions.
    • [Feature] Added config option to enable/disable the tv style animations.
    • [Feature] Small UI improvements to the new broadcaster UI.
    • [Feature] Set qualifying results table scroll delay to 60% of the qualifying table display length (config setting) instead of a constant 10 seconds.
    • [Feature] Add raceroom special event theme.
    • [Feature] Tweaked ADAC GT Masters theme.
    • [Feature] Reduced the amount of text shown in alerts from the stewards.
    • [Feature] Allow slow down alerts to be disabled in races (now disabled by default for less noise).
    • [Feature] Added country flag and name to new broadcast controller UI.
    • [Feature] Added damage indicator to new broadcast controller UI.
    • [Feature] Added mandatory pitstop status to new broadcast controller UI.
    • [Feature] Added DRS/PTP remaining & active indicators to new broadcast controller UI.
    • [Feature] Added best split times to new broadcast controller UI.
    • [Feature] Added last lap time to new broadcast controller UI.
    • [Feature] Added column headers to new broadcast controller UI.
    • [Feature] Condensed camera controls in the new broadcast controller UI.
    • [Feature] Added pit count, pit status and tyre wear placeholders to new broadcast controller UI.
    • [Feature] Added tyre icons to the beta broadcast panel UI with green icon for series using dedicated tyres.
    • [Feature] Reduced default resolution scaling by 1px.
    • [Feature] Small UI updates to themes with new variable definitions for some UI components.
    • [Feature] Added time differences in qualifying and practise sessions in the new broadcast controller UI.
    • [Tooling] Switched to using a new user info endpoint with smaller payloads to improve rendering speeds of user info on screen.
    • [Tooling] Added ADAC GT Masters 2018 team names.
    • [Dev] Changed window reloading key from 'r' to 'F5' to facilitate typing of commentary names.

Download
    Download link is available in the original post.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  10. Tanvapas

Tanvapas New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Scout, it's really great what's new.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  11. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    There might be a tiny update later in the week to correct a thing or two, just a heads up.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    There will be an update to the tool tomorrow with a number of small bug fixes, and maybe something new with it...

upload_2019-2-28_21-40-22.png

• Like Like x 2
  13. Greg Metcalf

Greg Metcalf New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    @Scout is it possible to have compare times as the default when session changes to race?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    You could try editing assets/components/widgets/compareRace/compaceRace.meta.json and change it to the following:

Code:
    {
       "version": "1.0.0",
       "elementName": "CompareRace",
       "name": "Compare next car",
       "buttonText": "Compare next car",
       "activeInSessions": ["Race"],
       "keepOnSessionChange": true,
       "defaultActive": true,
       "description": "Compared the currently focus driver to the driver ahead of them in the same class."
    }
    and then also edit assets/components/widgets/focusedDriver/focusedDriver.meta.json and change to the following:

Code:
    {
        "version": "1.0.0",
        "elementName": "FocusedDriver",
        "name": "Driver info",
        "buttonText": "Driver info",
        "activeInSessions": ["Practice", "Qualifying", "Race", "Warmup"],
        "disableFlags": false,
        "keepOnSessionChange": false,
        "defaultActive": false,
        "description": "Show information on screen about the currently selected driver."
    }

I think this should work.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Version 1.7.1 Released
    A very small update to fix some small bugs. Added small number of feature additions also.

Version 1.7.1 Changelog

• [Bug Fix] Fixed a bug where the compare race delta timer would not hide when the event info widget was shown.
    • [Bug Fix] Fixed the delta timer of the compare driver widget in the adac gt masters theme having the wrong colour.
    • [Bug Fix] Fixed the commentary widget animation entry positioning to be in the center when fading in.
    • [Bug Fix] Fixed a bug where the lap count for the leading driver in the broadcast control panel was shown incorrectly in race sessions.
    • [Bug Fix] Set DRS remaining activations value to infinite in practice sessions.
    • [Bug Fix] Fixed a bug in the driver info and compare driver widgets where very long team names would make the widget very wide in the UI. Team names are now cropped after 40 characters.
    • [Feature] Added new multiclass colours for some VLN series classes (Audi TT RS, WTCR 2018, DTM 92).
    • [Feature] Added the race number to the results table for reverse grid/multiple races.
    • [Feature] Set qualifying results table scroll delay to 80% instead of 60% of the qualifying table display length (config setting) to show leaders for a longer time.
    • [Feature] Added DTM theme.

DTM theme based on the 2018 broadcast colours.

upload_2019-3-1_12-13-10.png

upload_2019-3-1_12-13-33.png

upload_2019-3-1_12-13-21.png

Download
    Download link is available in the original post.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. Greg Metcalf

Greg Metcalf New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Worked perfect, thankyou

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  17. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Goodmorning @Scout, yesterday i noticed a little thing in the end results
    Some of the racers get a DSQ for not pitting between the pitwindow and quit 5 Laps before the end
    In the results from the race hé has a DSQ
    But in your results hé get +5laps behind his name and end 14 after someone who had a DNF
    In the results, wich you see after the race, hè was als 14 with DSQ after the one with a DNF

18. Greg Metcalf

Greg Metcalf New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I may of jumped the gun. Out of 4 moving to race it worked 3 times. I will test more to try to figure out what is causing it not to work

19. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Currently I have only looked at DNF status's, I will look at adding DNS & DSQ in the next version.

Ok, was the race it didn't work a multiclass race by any chance? At the moment, the compare widget will only be visible if the car ahead is in the same class, but maybe its something else.

• Like Like x 1
  20. RiffMajster

RiffMajster New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hey Scout, like your Overlay!

• Like Like x 1