Problem DD wheel FFB cut off

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Gareth Rowlands, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Gareth Rowlands

Gareth Rowlands New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    hey guys, i have a problem.

ive bought a Simplicity sw12c+ and nearly every session i play, IN BETWEEN RACES, the ffb disappears, i have to restart the game, then its back to normal.

can anyone shed some light on the matter please?

2. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Gareth Rowlands

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    ? sorry but this doesnt tell me anything about my problem.

4. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    I can help you with something more info, but with what you give now I am nothing

5. KudBkuik

KudBkuik Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Usually, with this sort of issue, it's related to a hardware fault, a Firmware setting, or USB connection issues. The best place to seek assistance is with Simplicity Support but, you can also inquire in the Granite Devices forums as they do a fair amount of troubleshooting issues like that.

USB-related issues are not uncommon and there can be several causes; data-throughput limitations, device power-saving settings or conflicts with other USB devices. One of the first things to test USB related issues is to try changing USB-ports and paying attention to USB Root-hub connections in Device Manager to see if using a different Root-hub helps. Check your Power-saving settings in Windows and try disabling them for USB-ports. If you use VR in combination with a DD-wheel, data throughput can be an issue but, that doesn't seem to fit your issue.

6. Gareth Rowlands

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I wasnt trying to be rude, i apologize.

i do use VR. or do you mean data throughput doesnt match the problems im getting?.
    how do i change power saving option?

thanks

7. KudBkuik

KudBkuik Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Sometimes the symptoms are weaker FFB when using VR but, others may have complete loss of FFB IIRC. You can separate the VR and wheel to use different USB root-hubs. Device manager should give some clues provided you can determine which device is which. You can also try a free utility called USBdeview, that can be useful for USB issues.

From Device Manager, you can select USB hubs / connections by right-clicking on them, select "Properties", then select the Power Management Tab. Then uncheck the box for "Allow the Computer to turn off this device to save power".

It's not always easy to identify the various devices but, USBdeview should help too. Otherwise, you can do the same for any devices you suspect may be the most important ones.

8. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Is everything earthed properly on your wheel cage/stand and are the cables protected enough from the magnet inside the base. It might be shorting out.

9. Gareth Rowlands

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    there was no earthing stap with the base, only the earth cable with the rim which is earthed through the SRM Converter.

downloaded latest firmware now and will see if that has fixed it.

10. Gareth Rowlands

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    update: FFB has gone again. restarted the game still no joy. tried assetto corsa, FFB working fine :/

i need guidance pleaseeee

11. KudBkuik

KudBkuik Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Depending on your VR-HMD; WMR with Steam-VR is known to cause loss of FFB for quite a few users, regardless of the type of FFB-wheel used. There are several threads related to the issue in the iRacing forums. I'm not sure how it works with various titles but, it seems to be a Steam-VR issue that needs to be solved.

12. Gareth Rowlands

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    update:

kept happening, so i scrolled through the options in game and found a "ffb reset" key, so i assigned a key for it and it works, so nearly everytime i switch track i have to press "reset ffb". surely this is a game related problem and not hardware?

pressing ffb reset is not a huge problem for me but shouldnt have to do it surely?

13. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    But then i should be an issue for all DD users but it isn't.