FFB Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KW Studios, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KudBkuik

KudBkuik Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I can't confirm using a Fanatec wheel but, both the OSW and AccuForce have that notchy feeling around center unless I turn "Steering Rack" forces to zero.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Same for TM wheel, steering rack at 0 gets rid off notchy feeling around center.

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I'm using the settings I posted and that has steering rack at zero already!

4. KudBkuik

KudBkuik Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    With DD-wheels, we have no back-lash in the hardware to tune out. If we did, the solution would be to add a bit of min-force so it's a little strange that we get this effect at all in some titles but, it does happen in some cases; iRacing is another one that does for me.

In these cases, the minimum-force settings seems to be ineffective so I generally add some friction-effect or in some cases, I've used a small amount of Center-spring to overcome the notchy center feel. It's one of those unsettling effects because in RL, it signals a potentially serious issue with steering and safety. :eek::)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Libor Sabrik

Libor Sabrik New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys. Does anyone has a decent FFB settings for the Thrustmaster T300 rs ?

6. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    EDIT:NEW CHANGES ADDED

I use a TX which are similar wheels. I use these settings
    TM Control panel: Overall Forces 60% Individual default

Game:

• Overall force 100
    • Smoothing 0
    • Spring 0
    • Damping 0
    • Intensity 100
    • Minimum Force 0
    • Under steer 75 - I found this the perfect setting to keep the wheel light enough but firm enough for good corner precision. Any lower and the wheel feels clumsy, much higher and the precision of steering feels way off in my opinion
    • Vertical 40 - I found out that if higher than "Lateral" the car will under-steer under power
    • Lateral 50
    • Steering Rack 80 - Reduce this to if you find the middle of the wheel too loose - note that at 0 cars feel a bit twitchy over bumps
    • Slip Effect 0 - i Find this setting is distracting as its a constant vibration that doesn't intensify or weaken based on tyre behavior
    • Engine Vibration 35 an identical vibration as slip but will only appear under power
    • Kerb Vibration 30
    • Shift Effect 0
    • Collision effect 5 why this is at 200 by default is insane. and for DD wheel users this is cruel.

With these setting you should alter (lower usually) the individual car FFB settings in the garage or the wheel will clip like mad. If there are cars you find to weak (which I doubt) then increase by 0.1 until you find a setting you prefer.

The FFB settings inside the .rcs file

FFB Gain="1.0" // Strength of Force Feedback effects. Range 0.0 to 1.0.
    FFB Min Force="0.0" // Minumum force, from 0.0 to 1.0
    FFB Min Force Linear Percentage="0.01" // Minumum force linear percentage
    FFB Throttle FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
    FFB Brake FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
    FFB stationary friction="0.2" // Amount of friction applied to the steering wheel when vehicle is stationary
    FFB stationary friction speed="2.7780001" // Below this speed the stationary friction starts to be applied, in m/s
    FFB steer vibe freq mult="0.2" // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering vibration.
    FFB steer vibe zero magnitude="0.1" // Magnitude of steering vibration at 0mph (reference point).
    FFB steer vibe slope="0.0" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).
    FFB steer vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
    FFB steer force average weight="1.0" // How much weight is given to new steering force calculations each frame (0.01 - 1.0). Lower values will smooth out the steering force, but will also add latency.
    FFB steer force exponent="0.9" // Steering force output "sensitivity". Range 0.0 to infinity. 0.0 to 1.0 = higher sensitivity, greater than 1.0 = lower sensitivity.
    FFB steer force input max="11500.0" // Recommended: 11500 (-11500 if controller pulls in the wrong direction).
    FFB steer force output max="1.0" // Maximum force output of steering force, recommendation 0.8 to 2.0
    FFB steer force grip weight="0.4" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.
    FFB steer force front grip exponent="0.75" // Range 0.0 to infinity, recommended: around 1.0. Exponent applied to grip weight.
    FFB steer force rear grip exponent="0.5" // Range 0.0 to infinity, recommended: around 1.0. Exponent applied to rear grip loss weight.
    FFB steer damper coefficient="0.0" // Coefficient to use for steering damper. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
    FFB steer damper saturation="1.0" // Saturation value to use for steering damper. Range: 0 - 1.0
    FFB steer force balance mode="0" // Mode for how to add the steering forces together (lateral, load and diff). Acceptable values: 0 = lat + load + diff, 1 = sqrt(lat^2 + load^2 + diff^2), 2 = sqrt(lat^2 + load^2) + diff, 3 = sqrt(lat^2 + (load + diff)^2), 4 = sqrt((lat + load)^2 + diff^2)
    FFB steer load multiplier="0.4" // Multiplier for vertical load on front tires. Range: 0 - infinity
    FFB steer lateral multiplier="0.5" // Multiplier for lateral forces. Range: 0 - infinity
    FFB steer rack factor="0.8" // How much of the lateral forces comes from steering rack. Range: 0 - 1.0
    FFB steer load change exponent="0.7" // Exponent for the change in load on front tires. Range: 0 - infinity
    FFB steer load change breakpoint="1.0" // Breakpoint (value that will not be changed) for the exponent on the change in load on front tires. Range: 0 - infinity
    FFB steer spring coefficient="0.0" // Coefficient for steering spring. Range: 0.0 - 1.0
    FFB throttle vibe freq mult="0.4" // Scales actual engine frequency to force FFB vibration frequency. Suggested range: 0.10 to 0.50
    FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude="0.05" // Magnitude of engine vibration at 0rpm (reference point).
    FFB throttle vibe slope="0.0" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude).
    FFB throttle vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
    FFB rumble strip magnitude="0.2" // How strong the rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
    FFB rumble strip freq mult="2.5" // Rumble stip frequency multiplier 1.0 = one rumble per wheel rev.
    FFB rumble strip wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
    FFB rumble strip pull factor="0.0" // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.
    FFB jolt magnitude="0.05" // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.
    FFB shift jolt magnitude="0.0" // How strong jolts you get from shifting. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.
    FFB shift effect duration="0.04" // Duration of shift effect in seconds
    FFB slip effect="0.15" // Slip effect, from 0.0 to 1.0
    ffb slip freq multiplier="1.5" // Slip effect frequency. 1.0f = 1 cycle per wheel rev

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  7. Libor Sabrik

Libor Sabrik New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    well thank you

8. Master_of_the_house

Master_of_the_house New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

FFB Settings for high-end TS-PC RACER

In your Thrustmaster control panel, put everything to the max, the game will use all the wheel available power. putting something else than 100 for available forces is wronf.

Open to suggestions if you feel the settings are not quite right.

PS : What is importnt is that the FFB multiplier should always set to 1.0 to all cars without exception as well.

Attached Files:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. frandulio

frandulio Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Very good guide :)

10. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I have a Thrustmaster TMX wheel. Chose that wheel cause it works with my budget, and have had it since April last year. Being still very new to FFB wheels, I went by the original post to get a base, but since the game has been updated and improved since then are they good values to start at? For the most part i have the meter near the red and yellow bars most of the time.

Does anyone have the same wheel with a good setup that i could try? I like what i have but i feel it could be more detailed.

11. Master_of_the_house

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Look at my post the TS-PC and your wheel are quite similar.

Just make sure the FFB multi is on 1 in the car setup.

For the rest you can experiment with the FFB settings in the main menu , again in my last post.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Will do, i'll make a new profile and give it a shot. As for the multiplier, are you recommending 1 for all cars? I have been adjusting per car to reduce clipping as i have read its different per car.

13. Master_of_the_house

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Good afternoon,

Yes , 1 for all car. The FFB multiplier more than 1 is good for cheap wheels using helicoidals kind of motors. Like the logitech G29. You do not have this issue with your thrustmaster

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Would that be for Fanatec wheels also? I've been getting my multiplyer up to 4-5 area on some cars!

15. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    TMX and TS-PC Racer are very different, TMX is the same as T150, T300 and TX are close and T500RS and TS-PC Racer are close for strength of wheels.

16. RWB Charger

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    It may be fine on the TS-PC racer but not on the TMX it's a lot weaker, use any FFB multiplier you want per car but not too much to induce clipping, on some cars I use sub 1 and on others it could be 3, all car dependant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I have mixed feelings of putting the overall strength to 100. Have read it can have the internal temps hot for the wheel. I certainly don’t want to break it since it was a little bit of a splurg for the currrnt budget

18. RWB Charger

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    IIRC TM should be 60-70 in Windows, I ran my T500 at 70.

19. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Currently have mine at 60. Had it at 70 for a little while but I felt it was drowning out the detail. When I backed down to 60 it felt better. But as I said earlier I’m still new to ffb wheels and I’m still learning. Just trying to find a place where it’s strong but not damage anything. The amount of settings being able to adjust is a bit overwhelming at times cause I don’t know what to change to get the feeling I’m looking for. When I used this wheel on project cars 2 there was only 4 sliders

20. Master_of_the_house

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    There is no danger to damage the wheel. The game cannot force more power than the wheel can take and the wheel cannot generate more power to its internal components.

If the wheel starts getting too hot, which I doubt, the wheel will provides less power by itself.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.