Poll: What's next for the best racing sim on the planet??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bindaree Racing, Feb 4, 2019.

?

What's next for the best racing sim on the planet??

Poll closed Feb 19, 2019.
  1. NIGHT RACING/RAIN

45 vote(s)
    53.6%
  2. SUPERCARS AUSTRALIA SERIES

6 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. CLASS ONE SERIES (DTM/SUPER GT)

9 vote(s)
    10.7%
  4. NASCAR SERIES

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  5. CUSTOM SKINS AVAILABILITY

13 vote(s)
    15.5%
  6. MORE AUSSIE/NZ TRACKS

8 vote(s)
    9.5%
  7. MORE US TRACKS

14 vote(s)
    16.7%
  8. MORE ASIAN TRACKS

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  9. MORE EUROPEAN TRACKS

7 vote(s)
    8.3%
  10. OTHER

29 vote(s)
    34.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    actual setups instead of just putting 0 wing on everything

2. Sassman

Sassman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I really love Raceroom more then any other racing sim I have ever played in my entire life. But having Rain and Night Racing is something i really do miss. I dont know if its even possible or lucrative for the guys but that would really take the game up a notch. I think Games like Project Cars do not hold a candle to R3E Soundwise and the way the cars drive. But having the weather options they have and this awesome level of detail is something i often miss.

3. FlakNine

FlakNine Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I do wonder how the RaceRoom business model would work for funding large-scale development efforts like dynamic time of day/weather - which I'm assuming would be a LOT of work. When new cars and tracks are released we expect to pay for them, but what about adding new functionality? Would people pay for something like night racing as an expansion? I definitely would - but I think some folks would expect this to be added to the base game as a regular update. Would it risk fragmenting the online community if it was a paid-for expansion?

4. N. van Norden

N. van Norden New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    What I would like to see improved is the multiplayer lobby. To be more informative and accessible and user friendly so multiplayer racing becomes a more attractive and fun experience.

Maybe an option to see what players and cars are already driving.

Maybe a chat history, also no chat in middle of the screen but down low where the dash is.

Just some of my thoughts ;)

5. dene

dene Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    My first sim was Assetto Corsa. Then I saw a video from a respected simracer from my country, and he sees Raceroom as a top simulator. Okay, I said and tried: the first feeling was fantastic. Sound, physics, tracks, graphics, settings ... I bought the ADAC GT 2018 immediately and start to drive a single player. I use adaptive AI and each race is different and exciting. I try to keep the principles of gentleman driving and usually have very clean races. And what's fascinating and missing in Assetto Corsa: AI fights against each other and every race has its own story. Great thanks for this, devs!

It would be good to work on dynamic weather maybe. It would bring extra excellent singleplayer experiences. And better and more detailed stats after race. But in any case, Raceroom is the number one sim for me.

6. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well if they ask for the kinda money they ask for their models and memorabilia for a license, I'd say you have more chance of seeing the full Ferrari portfolio, past and present, as a free update!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Would like to see the lap that starts prior to end of session and time will expire during that lap count for practice and qualifying.
    Access to the data collected during the session be available between sessions for analysis, fuel consumption, lap times, tire wear, etc...