Show your Cockpit

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Georg Ortner, Jan 23, 2015.

1. [RWB] FxUK

[RWB] FxUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    IMG_0596.JPG
    IMG_0527.JPG

Loving Raceroom, from my Raceroom :p

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Sim racing until the last breath … :cool::D

51142189_1015936878596586_382200008570568704_n.jpg

• Funny x 11
    • Winner x 5
    • Like x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful x 1
  3. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
  4. [RWB] FxUK

[RWB] FxUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    27" Acer XB271HU's. The bottom bezel was a pita though, I had to file it down on one side of each side screen so I could butt them up together on an angle, worked out fine but filing down plastic on brand new screen's isn't ideal :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    After browsing through this thread about the Fanatec F1 wheel I'm so glad to not be limited to their stuff anymore. I bought an Augury F1S wheel instead and put some button stickers on it. Cost me 550€ with taxes and shipping.

20190205_7.jpg
    20190205_8.jpg

All 5 rotary encoders works as intended. The 2 on the bottom are additionally clickable, the data switch controlls the display. I couldn't ask for more. :)

I had a lot of stuff from Fanatec. It started with a Porsche Wheel Turbo S with Clubsport V1 pedals, later I bought a Clubsport wheel base V2 with BMW and Formula rim. Clubsport pedals V3 follwed. And with every piece there were some kind of issues. Lost connection, oscillating load cell senors, annoying fans, rattling vibration motors, problems in some games with certains drivers/firmware versions and last but not least the non-existing EMI shielding from the Clubsport wheel base V2. But I had still some hope that they get their direct drive wheels right. So I saved some money for their Rennsport cockpit and the DD wheel base. I had the cockpit already in the shopping cart (and wanted to buy the wheel base later when it's released) but thought it wouldn't hurt to browse the internet for some opinions on it. And guess what? Most people with direct drive wheels said stay away! The forces of these motors are to much for the construction, even the pedal plate starts to flex when mounting pedals like the ones from Heusinkveld to it. And they charge 1000€ for it? :rolleyes:

This was the point I ditched my previous plan and coincidentally at the same evening I stumbled upon this thread here where @Fanapryde mentioned the Simlab P1. The way he described the cockpit made me curious. I visited the Simlab store, was shocked how cheap their products are compared to Fanatec, bought the GT1 cockpit with a Sparco bucket seat and even had enough money left over to buy the Heusinkveld Pro pedals I dreamed about all the time. Thank you Fanapryde for showing me the right way. :D This was an amazing evening. :)

In february '18 I decided to buy a direct drive wheel. There was still no sign from Fanatec releasing their new wheel bases in the foreseeable future so I had to choose between an Accuforce, an OSW build and the one from Bodnar Electronics. After watching the comparison video from Barry Rowland on Sim Racing Garage a decided to buy the latter.

Would I still buying only Fanatec products, I would have much fun with non-working encoders and would still waiting for a DD wheel base which is compatible with the rest of the eco system. Never again!

• Like Like x 4
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  6. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    My pleasure.
    Btw: I also ditched the idea of Fanatec DD and moved to OSW / Simucube from SimRacingBay. Added a steering wheel from SSRG and I think that was the better choice (at least I'm enjoying the set for several months while the Fanatec stuff is still not available).
    Here's my actual setup:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Love it man but it also makes me hate you..;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. [RWB] al gartner

[RWB] al gartner New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  9. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    @Fanapryde
    That's a nice tripple quadruple quintuple ... wait sixfold screen setup. :D What functions do they have if I may ask? :)

Here's your solution:
    [​IMG]

:D

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  10. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    The three bigger screens are for... well... that should be obvious :D
    The two white framed pads are for different telemetry screens in RS Dash (iirc 8 different pages and some sub pages)
    https://www.pocketplayground.net/rs-dash
    (page depending whether I am racing / testing / hotlapping...).

I recently added my wife's old cellphone (in stead of throwing it away) to the left of my wheel. It is also connected to RS Dash, showing rev lights and gear in BIG font.
    This way my primary screens are clutterfree, adding to immersion.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  11. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    What size & resolution (or model) of monitors are those triples?

12. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    BenQ XL2720Z - 3D LED-monitor
    27" - 1920 x 1080 Full HD (1080p) - TN - 300 cd/m² - 1000:1 - 1 ms - 2xHDMI, DVI-D, VGA, DisplayPort

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Small change in steering wheel.
    I had a (see post #751 above) Sportline Competition 300 flat steering wheel, but a few times I got one of my fingers stuck between the button box and the rim.
    Replaced it with a Custom Sportline Runner 320 low dish and it gives me a better feel.
    More spacious :)
    It's a little heavier (obviously) than the smaller Competition but mounted on the small Mige, it is not reacting any slower.
    I had to set the ingame FFB a tad higher since the larger diameter gives me more leverage.

[​IMG]
    (The shiny Porsche badge comes from an old Fanatec Porsche steering wheel)

Edit: I'd like to add that while I like driving suede covered rims, I prefer leather for durability and looks. Suede - even if used with gloves - looks very weary after a while...

• Like Like x 7
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  14. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    It looks great. I can't stand steering wheels smaller than 320mm. Maybe because I have a little bit wider shoulders or somethig but yeah...320mm minimum size or 350mm max size for the sim racing. ETS2, could go up to 370mm
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  15. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, does anyone know what's up with Ascher Racing? They don't have their button boxes and SLI mounts in the store for while now.

16. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Very good question, ive noticed that too and also the paddle shifters are now made of aluminum. Not sure whether the aluminium made is cheaper than carbon fibre. Used to be fully carbon fibre shifters. Either way amazing quality products

• Like Like x 1
  17. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    On feb 6th he answered me this on facebook, when I asked the same question:

German:
    Die C26-Serie wird nicht mehr produziert. Es wird intensiv an neuen Produkten gearbeitet, welche in den nächsten Monaten erscheinen werden.

English:
    The C26 series is no longer produced. I am working intensively on new products, which will be released in the coming months.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Thanks @sbtm ! :)

I'm curious what new goodies we will see.

19. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I wish someone would mass produce a decent wheel plate for DD (or any other with an adapter) with a decent number of buttons, a couple of rotaries and mag shifters......all for around £150. There's not actually that much to them but they are produced in such low numbers the price is very high....

20. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    The fantastic knitter push buttons that most custom wheel plates use cost 10€ each :-D

• Agree Agree x 1