Bug Hockenheim Slow Down Penalty

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Not Lifting Off, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Got a slow down penalty online just now, slowed down nothing happened, stopped dead nothing happened, stayed at 1.2 seconds without moving! Stuck at 58 or 56 seconds the whole time!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. [RWB] FxUK

[RWB] FxUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I had a similar thing at Monza.

I cut and got a 1.5s penalty (or thereabouts), I waited until I got on the main straight (start finish) with 30s to go and slowed right down, nothing changed. So I literally stopped, nothing changed. So, I thought sod it, carried on and through t1 it started dropping down and cleared, it was very strange, I didn't quite understand what was going wrong.

3. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I didnt bother carrying on was expecting to be dq`ed so just quit, it may well have cleared, will never know.

4. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Happened again, two races in a row now, run wide 1st turn, slow down pen, move to right side of the track, slow down and nothing, no count down, so stop still and still nothing, no countdown or anything!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    @Not Lifting Off Can you attach your Game and MWtransport logs for the latest incident here please.

6. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    As requested, from my last session, should include hockenheim, just happened at RB Ring also, never happened before only since the last patch.

Attached Files:

• Log.rar
      File size:
      862.8 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Paul Darke

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
  8. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Also a problem with the slowdown amount being way too excessive, run a little wide onto gravel\sand between Rauch and Wurth in a fairly fast part of RB Ring and get a 1.6 slowdown, at Zande 3.6s for slightly going offline in a fast section of track, the slight right onto Rob Slotspelling where the short track joins the main, inches offline, gained next to nothing if anything, yet a 3.6s slowdown, way too excessive, could understand at a slower corner cut but not a high speed section of track.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Paul Darke

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    @Not Lifting Off Apparently nothing shows on the logs. Was this in MP or SP? Can you also list Car class/s, your car, race length, cut rules used.

10. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    MP, GT3, as for the rest i have no idea, was a random server two different sessions pretty sure it was the same server tho, may have been a server issue or something my end but hasnt happened since. Probably a one night thing.

What about this ;)

11. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I've had to come to a dead stop to make the counter start. I've also been in a race where the current leader just quit because it wouldn't go down after crawling around in first gear. I've only seen this occur on this track strangely.

Nathan

12. Paul Darke

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
  13. ndwthx1138

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I do my best to not run wide ;) - so it was a surprise when I did it, came off throttle to find the penality timer stuck- regardless I ran wide on turn one at Red Bull - came off throttle and the timer went down immediately and I went on my way. So it’s either working differently at different tracks or it’s how severe the time penality is (best I can tell).

14. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    You know that race you were looking forward to and waited for the start of and it gets ruined by jester who cant wait to be in front before the 5th corner 1st lap, thats the frustration this timer brings :)
    Just happened again, Hockenheim, same as before run wide 1st corner pull over to the right and slow down, nothing, stop, nothing, stays as it is, the race i wanted is ruined by this point, frustration levels, lol. Not often i finish a race or am bothered about finishing it, but you know, the times when you do want to, well you expect it should work.
    Server - GT3 sprint races, 14 min race, 15 qually 3 warm up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ndwthx1138

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0

Were you the Porsche in 1st place battling it out with Nico by chance (I was right behind you 2)? Interestingly enough he went wide right after you and it allowed him to give back the time (he went really wide too).

Something with that track in particular is nasty when it comes to penalties.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Paul Darke

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Have you got videos?

17. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    That would be the one, yes, i try to stay within the limits you know how it is pushing or being pushed.
    Yes, every session (i wish), every race is recorded. Uploaded replay also with game and mwt logs from what i think are the corresponding times.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  18. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Just had another great one, give back 0.0 seconds, ignored it, cause you know, 0.0 seconds is nothing, nada, zilch, big fat zero, nope, it obviously had 100`s n 1000`s attached but they didnt show, it was to 1 decimal place, so received whatever the penalty was and quit.
    Ridiculous!

19. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Going thru Eua Rouge 2 wide (happens sometimes) get forced out wide, 4.6 secs slow down for the other drivers error, its bad enough that it isnt my error that caused the slow down, its a high speed section of track, how is the game deciding it should be 4.6 seconds?
    Why cant the game detect the contact that caused the issue, it knows when to put out yellow flags for a spun car, even here if you need to go off track to avoid it you get a penalty most times.
    Really bugs me.

20. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    4.6 seems excessive and i would be peeved too as the run off at eu rogue is no mans land ie no time gained for coming off there at all. Raidillon on the other hand ther is much to be gained by cutting there. However it would suck being pushed off and getting a cut there but how would the game detect being shoved off compared to purposefully cutting.

Attached Files: