AJ's Setup Workshop

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Adam Jonas, Sep 13, 2015.

1. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I wonder if it will be sorted out with the gt3 physics patch.....

2. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Probably so many people will not like this post from me, but I would not put high hopes on that physics correction things. What I noticed from the past 3 years is that the developers are just started to make the physics worse and worse from update to update...

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I would strongly disagree, the latest physics as on gt2, gt1 is by far the best. Old physics is far to easy to get away with poor driving.

4. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    That is a very strong statement there :D You should disregard anything before the summer of 2018, Alex has started a new era of raceroom since the GT1 rework and has still been making massive improvements constantly

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Magictap

Magictap Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Hi Adam, nice work. I'm no tuner but heres my attempt at a Autodrom porka ADAC GT setup for you ;O) 1:30.9 Going to try your Oschersleben setup now

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Magictap

Magictap Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Nice one Adam....went from a 1:26.4 down to a 1:25.9 already at Oschersleben in porka!!! Thx

• Like Like x 1
  7. Magictap

Magictap Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Took your Oschersleben setup to Autodrum....only took off all the wing and adjust brakes to my preference...went from 60ish to 24th!!! Thanks again Adam ;O)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,

Got great news: just picked up my replacement GPU and it looks like it works perfectly and silently! So expect some more videos this weekend...or, at least, I try, I try. :) ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Is it a 10 series? If so dont use the 400 series Nvidia drivers they are awful. I went back to the 388.91 (i use a GTX 1060) and the overheads are much lower than using the newer drivers (designed fo the 20 series)

10. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Noo, I upgraded a GTX 1060 to an RTX 2060. Just the first one, the MSI had some coil whine, I had an opportunity to return it so I did it. Instead of it, I bought a Gigabyte RTX 2060 Gaming Pro OC. :)

11. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    OK well I have no experience with the new series although 20 series users dont seem to be too happy with the quality of the 400 drivers either for which they were designed for.

12. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Setups in first post now updated! :) ;) R8 LMS & AMG GT3 setups for Autodrom Most coming soon™ ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Does anybody drive the R8 LMS? If no, I'm going to do any more videos with it, it's an industrial garbage in this game (Thanks Sector3!!!!).

14. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    I stalk this thread and the r8 is my favorite car in the game but ive never actually tried one of your setups so no need to keep making them if im the only r8 driver around :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. Gustavo Larsen

Gustavo Larsen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great idea, because it does not matter if I use your setup, ou following your ghost car or your race line, my times are always 2 seconds slower :(

16. Magictap

Magictap Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Any plans to release an ADAC GT Red Bull Ring setup? I'm struggling without your tuning goodness ;O(

• Like Like x 1
  17. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    You can find 3 setups on my channel (BMW, Corvette, Porsche). I try to update the spreadsheet in the first post today. :)

I'm really sorry guys for not productive in the past week. There are several reason behind it. I was extremely busy all week long, and I was so tired almost every evening. I try to use the weekend now for some resting; but, the next 2 weeks will not be productive also, because I will be on a business trip for almost 2 weeks...

But, to have a good point - you can use the first & second rounds' setups for the remaining rounds! :) All you need is some fine tuning - playing with the brake bias, the rear wing and a little bit with the toe-in/out. (If you compare the Most & Red Bull Ring setups, you will notice there are not so many changes between them.)

If you have any question, just feel free to ask it here! ;)

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  18. Magictap

Magictap Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Cheers Adam.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Topshelf147

Topshelf147 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Hey Adam, just wanted to say thanks for the setups. Grabbed the Porsche tune for Most and after a few small tweaks, I just had the best race of my life on Server 4 taking 3rd. Appreciate the time invested!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Adam Jonas

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    You are very welcome! I'm glad the setups I created are useful for you guys. :) ;)