Problem FFB suddenly much weaker on T300

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Case, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    so as it says in the title, my FFB is suddenly much weaker on the T300. I first noticed a change in the FFB a few days back, but wasn't sure about it as I don't run Raceroom all that much lately. Today I confirmed it - it feels as if at least the steering force portion of the FFB is much weaker than it was before.

I've tried resetting the controller profile, tried using a completely new user profile with a default profile for my wheel, I even tried doing a complete reinstall of the game. No changes. I'd say the force feedback effects portion of the forces might be working fine, but the steering forces are really weak. Even the in-game FFB monitor shows very low values. This is FFB at its strongest exiting a corner with the default T300 profile, so 70 % steering force settings (driving the BMW M6, but it's the same for every car):

[​IMG]

This is when I set the steering forces at the maximum 200 %:

[​IMG]

This is only slightly stronger than what the 100 % setting used to be before.

Any idea what is going on? I'm seriously stumped here. I don't remember any updates or changes that could have an effect on this. Please note that this is limited to Raceroom, there are no changes in any other game.

2. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Interesting. It surely isn't a global problem with the T300, because I haven't noticed any changes in FFB strength.

3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Can only report the same old bean, TX300 here, all working as it should. No noticeable drop in performance in any of the cars I've driven recently. I run with low settings due to my dodgy shoulder normally but just lately I've been playing with another profile which I actually prefer, it has very high lateral & horizontal forces and individual car multiplier, really like the feel but wouldn't be able to drive for too long as I found it all rather exhausting, :rolleyes: sounds like it could be the driver, have had a plethora of issues with the last 3 versions, just doesn't work as it should. Have you tried to get rid of the old driver and do a fresh install, had to do it twice recently due to problems. This is also with a clean install of Win10, been a bit of a pain to say the least, check your firmware as well. As an out of the box option, if you test the forces in the driver widget, if all ok then it has to be RR.
    We ought to swap, I don't need big forces and have plenty to spare! :p

4. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    I am kinda reluctant to mess with the drivers/firmware, because I've been using the latest drivers for almost two months now and the issue only appeared a few days ago, and as mentioned, it only involves Raceroom, other games are not affected (including the test forces in the control panel).

5. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I also (pre fresh Windows install) had been using the TM drivers without issue, then one day it refused to let me change the degrees of rotation, kept reverting back to previous value after closing window. Did a fresh install of driver and all was fine for a few days then again, refused to let me edit any settings, got rid again, cleared registry of all TM entries and installed again, still wouldn't let me edit any settings. This issue, plus AMS not working and the odd weird occurrence made my mind up to wipe my SSD and start again. I run 4 Win10 PC's and can say with confidence that a clean install of Win10 can be done in well under an hour and that's installing all the hardware, then it's just a case of leaving Steam going all night, so as to d/load and reinstall your library. Never be afraid to install drivers as many times as you like, as long as you rid yourself of the old ones first. Not Ming vases, just a tool. :rolleyes: Have discovered with Win10 that it's relatively bullet proof, it's Achilles heel is software not installing correctly, it can be fickle, blocking access to certain folders appears to be the main culprit. I check every bit of s/ware I install works correctly in every way, before moving on to the next, so easy to just keep whacking drivers etc on one after the other, when, slowing down, restarting after every install and check it's running as it should.Having run networks utilising every version of Windows from 2000 up until the present (admittedly just my own these days) and have to say it's a darn sight simpler now.
    Every issue I've had with 10 has been user induced. Before anyone starts, no I'm not saying it's perfect, no such thing, I'm saying it is the best version I've used or worked on by far. Gone are the day's of installing Win?, to then open Device manager to be met by a herd of exclamation marks and never have I found it easier to swap drivers, had problems with a nVidia driver a while back, faultlessly reverted to the older version when prompted. Must make clear I use pro versions only and seeing as it's only £18 with memory stick, I honestly don't know why one would use the home version. I'm rambling again.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Well, a small update. It kinda seems like the Understeer force is responsible for what's happening. It seems as if its effect on the FFB somehow doubled. I was running it at around 80 percent, now 80 percent makes the steering go very light and 40 percent feels very close to what it felt like before. I really have no idea why, though.

7. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    I've always run it at 40% on my T300, so perhaps this "bug" was that for some reason, your game/wheel was treating it as 40% even though it was set at 80%? No idea, but glad you figured it out.

8. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Well, I wouldn't say I figured it out, I still don't know what changed. But yeah, it's entirely possible that I somehow was experiencing a bug before and it just got to "normal" now. But why it did...that I don't know.

9. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Ah, the wonderful world of computers and software. :)