GT Master 2018 class BoP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ulti, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Ulti

Ulti New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello guys,

I've been wondering if there will be any BoP update for the GTM18 car class anytime soon. I think for anyone that is taking part or just watching the GT Master Esports series that there is a serious balancing issue within the class.

For a driver like me that only has one car and don't have money to put into the game for another one its already game over when it comes to making the final. Not only do I see it quite unfair, it really makes the esports series look bad for people from the outside. Quite surprised there hasn't been an update already, because the pack has been out for quite some time now.

ty

2. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    As far as i know a bop update is planned and the next patch would be a reasonable time to expect it. So if things go well we'll have an improved bop in 3 or 10 days but thats just me guessing

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Are the Corvettes inherently quicker than other cars or is it that the best drivers are choosing Corvettes? Sometimes all cars are capable of the same laptimes but may be more tricky to drive/setup for example. It also may be the case that a particular car is better at a certain track but less so at another track.

I think the gtm18 use the same BOP as gtr3 so you'd think they would be pretty well balanced by now....?

4. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Porsche and corvette are completely dominating this championship so far and that is on three very different circuits so while in general some tracks work better for some cars characteristics what were seeing here is more than that. The fastest drivers are indeed choosing the corvettes and porsches but that is because theyre faster.
    Yeah theyre on the same bop but seems to be something thats hard to get spot on

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The top drivers always flock to the fastest car even if it's only 5/100s faster than the others.

6. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    The Corvette is a great alrounder - not only in raceroom but in real life, too. That helps a lot in such a competition and would be a wise decision to choose such a car for a championship and not only for one track...
    Fast guys are fast on every car but a well balanced car on all tracks gave them another advantage to stay on top...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    BoP is a very tricky thing, they mess it up quite often irl too even on a single track, so trying to get a perfect BoP across every track is more a dream than an actual possibility :D Add to that the factor of some cars being inherently easier to drive, like the C7 and Porsche. It's already a decent achievement that there are 2 cars at the top and not just one dominating :p

8. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Which only makes the problem worse I suppose. BOP is one of those things that is impossible to get 100% correct. This is why a lot of championships including GTM use success ballast to even up the racing. I guess there's no success ballast in the eSports competition? Is it even possible in RR?

9. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    There is no success ballast in the esports championship. Generally it is or at least was a feature in r3e but as far as i know only for singleplayer. But theres some hope for the future ;)

Attached Files:

10. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Yes it would be good to see. It's a natural method of BOP which applies not only cars but also drivers. Back in the day when I raced in a race07 league success ballast worked very well creating close racing.

• Like Like x 1
  11. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    We're working on dedicated server features, and this will be possible soon. End of this week, I'll be posting some update about what we're currently working on. I understand I haven't been sharing enough lately, as I've been a bit swamped with projects. Sorry for that! Still swamped, but will try and catch up asap.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  12. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Brilliant, always good to hear about what is coming up in the game. Even if some features may still be a long way off its still great to hear.

13. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Can never supply to little information old bean, ;) us lot on here would suck the last breath out of the tea/coffee/kale smoothie lady/man/optional o_O if it meant we knew the next change of font on the forum. Perhaps a 'we're working on it people' thread, just to wet ones whistle on, while waiting for the rather random 'soon™ to be released' threads, which just gets me refreshing the S3 page, on numerous occasions during the weekend, as of much of today, just in the tiniest hope that maybe, just maybe, you'll let us in on what is to be the other offering from the Porsche stable. Best be a good one, can hear the pitchforks being sharpened from here! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    From J-Fs post above it sounds like big changes are coming to the dedi-server options so you will have your wish.

15. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Totally understandable stance, @RACE ROOM V . I can only hope we'll ship those features quick enough for you all.
    I've been meaning to get those dedi features done for a while but it has often been put in the freezer for varying reasons. Now finally comes the chance to get those tools out for the community.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2