News The March 2019 developer notes

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Mar 15, 2019.

1. N. van Norden

N. van Norden New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I recently bought the whole package! I'm super exited with all these new updates making this great sim an even better one. Amazing!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Matthew_Wheeler

Matthew_Wheeler Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    So, will the Suspension damage and punctures effect the AI? Or just the humans?

3. Bindaree Racing

Bindaree Racing Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    The best sim out their just keeps getting better.

The only problem I have now is, do I buy the premium package now...........or wait until the next couple of patches??

Decisions, decisions. ;);)

4. Bindaree Racing

Bindaree Racing Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, meant car releases, not patches. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    the person who , makes the car , model , makes the skin etc , does the physics and the perso who does the tracks etc isnt the person who codes the dedi server
    remember not everyone codes
    so releasing a car or track doesnt effect that coder

Andi

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. LNRace

LNRace Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Doesn't keep me from being happy and excited about things to come :) Tyre pressure adjustments and damage model improvements are pretty much exactly the features I've been missing most in R3E, so even though it may still take some time until we get them, I'm incredibly glad to know they'll be coming eventually. Plus, with two more cars from my favourite car manufacturer having been announced for next update, I'll know how to have fun while waiting for the new features.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I love RRE. Stunning FFB and dito sounds. If they can up the GFX a bit then I’m 100% happy..
    Thanks to a couple of great guys on the Pcars forum who pointed me to RRE.
    Bought all tracks and all cars in one go. I did not bought all the car paintings. As I do not need all of them.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Both player and AI will be affected. That's actually one of the big tasks right now, making sure the AI can handle a damaged car reasonably and how they behave around debris on track.

• Informative Informative x 5
  9. phspok

phspok New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Some good stuff of course. A lot of it is questionable detail, not really key stuff IMHO
    Damage model sounds too restrictive to me. all or nothing from an actual damage point of view, I guess to make it
    more selective would be even more work, so ok but it's not a key option.

Things that people in our leagues want are - Chat when not on track, even GTL has that
    tyre temps and pressures are key for those who want to get into setups. Currently you can't tell the effect on tyre temps
    of changing camber for e.g. Physics updates are always welcome, if they improve things, the DTM92/Touring classics
    are already good for league racing, apart from the Nissan (Touring Classics), they are fairly well balanced. The new Pork 934 is terrible
    for e.g corner entry/going over a crest is so far off reality it is unuseable, that needs a physics update way more than DTM92.
    I am hoping that the soon to be released 965 and the Nissan and Pork 962 will be useable for our league. Thanks for your efforts and these blogs. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  10. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Welcome back @Bull Shark or should i say @Olijke Poffer. Fresh start with a new account ? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Kinda depends on who you are, and what you're racing.
    If, like me, you mainly do single-player against the AI, dedi-server options aren't particularly high on the list. ;)

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I have never driven one in real life, but I'm pretty sure they were quite difficult to drive back in the days with little aero, old school suspension, old school tyres, old school diff and so on. I agree that it's so difficult to drive, that using it for multiplayer racing is a bit too demanding. But I don't think there's anything wrong with the physics - it's just plain difficult to control. Which can be annoying enough when doing hotlaps alone on the track...

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Even for me who does 95% of his racing on public servers the features mentioned in this thread arent much of a priority so as always it just comes down to personal taste and preference :D

14. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Great improvements underway! And that with Group C and the exciting ‘90s Carrera Cup you guys are close to become THE epic go to race game where the true great balance lies between a very good sim and just plain fun racing! Keep up the good work!

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Totally agree. They are just motorized coffins on wheel. And I would be dissapointed if the upcoming Group C would be less than driving coffins. It’s pretty well known Group C cars are dangerous and delicate cars to race and handle.

And about the 934, I think it’s just a great example of good physics. It’s just a very difficult and hard car to handle and race with. And back in the days it would be just that. And I think once you have the right connection, you can drive it awesomely fast. I don’t have that connection yet, but still love to drive the coffin!

‘70s, 80’s and even ‘90s high horsepowere cars are known for being what they where, hard handling cars which have to be threated just the right way to drive fast. Oh, and did I mention that a lot of cars where motorized coffins? :D:p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Thanks..... My old account is locked.. I cannot recover it so I decided to start fresh..

• Like Like x 2
  17. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Sim racers, just as professional drivers of today are just plain spoilt, drivers, being so high profile, feel they need to be protected not just with safety cages but their ego's fed with sweet handling equipment. Which of course I have no problem with, it's progression BUT if a Sim is going to recreate a car from history, then it's handling has to be accurate for the given period and group C were fast everywhere but slow corners, where they were less effective than a shopping trolley, they were also stiff, twitchy and unforgiving. Most important component of the vehicle, drivers right foot, 700+ hp with turbo lag measured in lunar cycles. I cannot bloody wait!
    As for the 934, yes tricky to drive fast but personally I've found it's all about being smooth and rhythmic, it unsettles easily but most of that can be controlled with your right foot, all Porsche's have their irks & tics, it's about discovering what they are and finding a way to use it to your advantage. I find the trickier the track the more the 934 makes me smile. Still hoping they can give us a set of sticky rubber to use with it, would love to know what it could do with a bit more rear end grip and front end turn in.
    Back to group C, most important series released in RR to date for moi, never thought I'd see it but now it's on it's way, all I can think about is Mazda, Sauber, Jaguar, Lancia, Toyota and gawd knows how many other manufacturers that at least made it to a driveable car, makes the GT3 class appear lacking in its roll call. There are so many beautiful cars encompassed in group C, it would be a travesty to not include them all. Still can't wait!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I'd like a free coffee voucher from Raceroom after all this excitement

19. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    All pretty good stuff. Gr.A physics are finally here!!

Hope it brings some life to the public servers.

I do hope the AI touches player car and sends it into unrecoverable spins gets looked into once again.

20. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Since RRE and the adaptive AI I don’t feel the need to Race online..

• Like Like x 1