Replay Save Problem.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neil Bateman, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    This might not be a problem but does not seem quite right on my pc, I have game set to auto save replays and normally races I have mostly last 30-60 mins, upon taking the chequered flag the game freezes for up to 20 seconds while I assume the replay is saved.
    Now I was just doing some quick 3-5 lap races with 1 or 2 AI to try create some entries for the AI primer tool with adaptive ai, but it still takes 10-12 seconds to save the replay, I can understand a 1 hour race with 30-40 AI taking a while but not 5 minute races with 1-2 AI.
    The only thing I can think of is I moved my MyDocuments folder to a larger mechanical drive to save space on my SSD drive, would this make any difference and anyone else have long freezes after crossing S/F line?

2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I'm also having a short freeze (1-2s) on a SSD.

3. [RWB] FxUK

[RWB] FxUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Is your mechanical drive going into standby / sleep mode, due to inactivity?
    If so this is likely the reason.. waiting for it to wake up.

4. Neil Bateman

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Steam is also installed on the same drive, its a 1TB drive just dedicated to everything steam related.

5. [RWB] FxUK

[RWB] FxUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Fair enough, was just the first thing I thought of that it may have been :(

6. Neil Bateman

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I might post a video of just how bad it is sometimes, it's not been this bad before and I have not changed any hardware recently, windows updates is maybe the culprit.