Help needed for VR mode Please!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Andre Depit, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Andre Depit

Andre Depit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi All,

New to this game and it looks good but there is one big problem and this is I like to play in VR mode. Now this wouldn't be a problem but when I start off I am positioned by the front wheels and not in the cockpit! How do I correct this please and actually get to drive in VR mode as it looks a great game but unplayable at the moment.

By the way I don't get this problem with Assetto Corsa or Project Cars 2 as they behave in VR mode.

Please someone help me!

Andre

2. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Set a button for center VR view or something similar and press after the game starts or at any time it loses center posistion.

3. Andre Depit

Andre Depit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry but really stupid on this game wheee do I find this option? I think I have already done this and still at the front of the car.

4. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    You will find it in the settings. Go to "Edit assignments" and in the "VR" section you can assign a button to "Reset Position".
    07 Edit Assignments 06.png

5. Andre Depit

Andre Depit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you but done this. Now it seems like I am small or the environment is too big as when I look round behind me I see the driver in the seat. Now I move my chair back but can’t get close to driver before my cable goes tight! Any ideas on this as it seems to be the scaling which is wrong. I don’t have this problem with Assetto Corsa or PC2.

6. Andre Depit

Andre Depit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can someone say if I change the world scale if this will help? What settings do people use to get the vr in correct ratio so i am actually in the drivers seat rather than in the front of the car outside? Could someone please show me their settings. Thank you for any help as I like the game when not played in VR but now I have VR like playing my racing sims using this.

7. Jukka Karppinen

Jukka Karppinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Look thse screenshot in the post above. Assign buttons to increase and reduce world scale and play with the settings until it feels correct.

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    I don't think scaling will solve this issue. Are you sure you have set the camera to be in cockpit camera and not on hood/bonnet camera? If you look at the driver in the car and he has a helmet on, then you likely aren't in cockpit cam.

If the driver doesn't have a helmet on him, then you are probably in the correct camera, then try assign keys to the Seat forward, back, left, right options in the controller settings and try use this to move the seat back inside the car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Andre Depit

Andre Depit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you so much I will try this and then get back on here to say if fixed or not.

10. Andre Depit

Andre Depit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Could you please show me on the settings where to go to do this please in terms of the different views. Sorry but new to this game and want to play in VR as looks like a great game. Just find it hard to get it working. Will this have an easy mode where VR just works as other racers I haven't had to go through this to get them working.

Thank you

11. Andre Depit

Andre Depit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I looked around and I saw the driver with his helmet on. So would changing the camera be the right thing to do? Thanks for any help.

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Yes, sounds like your on bonnet cam and not the cockpit camera. There should be a change camera keybind you can set in the settings.

13. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    As Scout has suggested, you can bind a key or button to toggle through the different camera views.

You'll find that it the same section as before and its listed as "Driving View"

03 Edit Assignments 02.png