Problem Mega stuttering!

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Tuborg, Mar 15, 2019.

1. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Honestly is does no harm, only needed if you are on a tablet or use any pen or writing tablet.

It can be reactivated.

• Like Like x 1
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Well I need it to stop so will just do it, do I just search Powershell and then type that line in and press enter?

3. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Thank f@#k you replied because i did the Powershell and im back to 4k with every setting maxed at my GPU is at 75% and a solid 60 fps !!
    Thanks heaps mate !!

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I had to use the Powershell again tonight as this taskkill /im WindowsInternal.ComposableShell.Experiences.TextInput.InputApp.exe /t /f popped up again !! Is it something i need to do all the time ? I was hoping that Powershell was a Kill for good .

5. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Yes I should of clarified that it was killing the task to test it, as it works yes you can now disable it with the registry change, I didn't want to tell you to do that if it didn't work but as it does go ahead.

7. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    So using the above method is good?

8. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I found this on Reddit and it worked and i didnt need to do a Regedit !!

You should be able to disable it by navigating to C:\Windows\SystemApps and renaming the folder InputApp_cw5n1h2txyewy

You will have to kill the process before it will let you rename it though. You can do the same thing for Cortana by renaming Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy

I just put 1 behind it in case I ever want to change it back it will be easy to do.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/abx8ct/how_do_i_turn_off_the_microsoft_text_input/

Thanks heaps guys for giving me advice that lead me to this ;)

9. TinoM

TinoM New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    hey gents...been reading this thread. I've never been able to run RR smoothly. Constant stutter typically when turning corners and when other cars are in sight. I switched to 32 bit and everything runs perfectly with max settings. Is there something i should try to resolve the 64 bit issue?

10. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Sadly we haven't been able to single out a culprit, so I can't give you a certain procedure to mend this atm.
    If you'd like to help investigate, feel invited to share some footage and info. Like is the game maybe locked at a certain fps when this happens?

What might also help would be collecting comparative logs, i.e. start a session in 64bit and wait for the issue to occur, then close the game and collect the all log files in the game's documents folder (game-, MWTransport-, performance-, general-log).
    Then start the same session in 32bit and let it run for a few minutes, then do the same as before and collect the second set of logs.
    If you attach them here, I'll forward them to a programmer, that way they might get a chance to investigate.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. TinoM

TinoM New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    So, I intended to submit the logs, to help with this issue. I must admit though, I have not played this game in some time. When I read launching with 32bit may solve the stuttering, I tried and it did! I just now launched with 64bit option, and the stuttering is gone. Did a quick multiplayer race and it was much better. Nothing has changed on my end so I am assuming some of the updates in the past year may have fixed my issue. Anyways, very pleased for now!!

12. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Same crap again ! Back to 25-35fps and 100% GPU load out of nowhere !!!!!
    Same settings , same car/track, everything grrrrrrrrr!
    WTF is going on ? I checked and that WindowsInternal.ComposableShell.Experiences.TextInput.InputApp.exe isnt even running :(

13. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    logs

Attached Files:

14. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    64-bit

Attached Files:

15. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    32-bit

Attached Files:

16. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    As said before, it doesn't matter what I do, it happens even if I watch replays or stay in the menus, it happens anyway. It seems to be related to time.

17. suspectmonkey

suspectmonkey New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I also can't run the 64bit executable because after 10-15mins it turns into a slideshow, even in the UI. I'm fairly certain this only happens when I'm using RTSS to impose a frame limit (which I need as I'm using G-Sync on a 100Hz display), but it's completely solved by using the 32bit exe. I use RTSS with all my other sims and have no issues, so I'm not sure why the RRRE 64bit exe doesn't play nice. I'll see if I can gather some logs to help with the investigation as I'd sure love to know!

18. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    32-bit while loading into online race.

Attached Files:

19. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Can we get the title changed from resolved to issue!?

20. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Done.

• Winner Winner x 1