Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Actually it's 0.6.5 now..:p

2. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Bang! Bang! Bang! Flying hammers! 0.6.5 released

3. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I'm holding out until the release version before doing too much on this one, but if anyone has any ongoing reports of the AI's competence I'm all ears...

Plenty of Raceroom and Dirt Rally 2 to enjoy before 1.0 for me.

4. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I've only raced at Nurburgring, but i tried it today and the AI was outstanding. No more slow downs in turn 1. No more early braking. I had to turn down the AI level to 85% from 90% and the aggression I left at 80. Really good battles.

I saw two cars spin out during the 15 minute race. The lead car and I battled for two laps. At one point he tried a dive bomb. I hit the brakes harder and he flew past going wide, got loose and I dove back underneath. Felt amazing.

Not sure it's the very best AI, but it is now very good.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Brototype

Brototype Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Yeah AI behaviour got much better with 0.6.4 imho. :)

6. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Have not yet tested it with the latest 0.6.x builds, just 0.6.0 and 0.6.1 AI is solid, usually reliably avoiding player, but more pacifist like the AI in RR. Think of it as RR's AI, but less eager to start a fight and less competent to really defend a psoition to to immediately counter-attack if it got overtaken. Taken for itself its a good AI, though still slowing down (in early 0.6 versions) when player slows down, and RR's AI being the genre benchmark anyway.

Will test 0.6.5 this afternoon.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Meanwhile, Raceroom version number: :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Those saying that during the various 0.6 versions the aI advanced, seem to be right. I just did three races, and had some hilariously fun close quarter combat with the AI, including doorhandle-exchanges, bumper kisses, and quick attack - counter attack - re-attack position changes in groupos of two, three and four cars. I'm very much pleased. I still think RR's AI edges out the ACC-AI, but ACC is in hot pursuit - and very close.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Sounds promising. Just another reason to look forward if my holiday trip is finished in 10 days :)

Btw:
    Why it is not possible to select the Nissan for a single race weekend?

10. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    In VR it is still not as fun as RRE andPcars 2

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Have to take my previous misgivings off ACC's visuals back now, fired it up over the weekend and it looked way, way better than previously, just gonna moan about the AI now, battered me a fair bit in several short races. Not done many hours, so are they as aggressive as this normally? Apart from the AI have to say rather an enjoyable experience.

12. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Note that there are two sliders: AI skill, and AI aggression. I said often that to me the AI in Raceroom has more bite than the AI in AC or ACC, it is reliable, has SA, but is too pacifistic, too perfect for my taste. The drivers are superhuman in catching their cars after critical driving situations.

Its a good AI, maybe even better than the one in AC, but Raceroom's AI to me remains to be "das Maß aller AI-Dinge".

I use to have AI aggression at levels between 85 and 90. With higher values I have them bumping into me a bit too enthusiastically, too often.

13. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Had 'em on 90, need more time on track, alas not going to happen any time soon. Waiting on surgery, waiting having a very loose meaning over here, could be 3 months, 3 years or 3 decades. :rolleyes: On a very restricted driving schedule, what little I can do I'm trying to save up for, hopefully later in the week and the Group C releases, as well as the 964 but feeling rather lucky to be a Sim racing fan at the moment, some truly great Sims being created by some talented developers, good times!

14. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I've been away from simracing for a couple of months, but I am slowly looking into playing some more again and what better way to start than to test the new build?

I must say I am impressed. What made me not play ACC at all was kind of poor performance. Granted, my rig isn't the newest - an i5 6600K, 16Gigs and a GTX 980 is hardly cutting edge, but man did Kunos improve a lot! I get nearly constant 80 FPS (locked framerate) with a 20 car race at Monza with dips to the 50s at the start when all cars are visible and that is during replays, solid frame-rate in the cockpit! All I toned down were mirrors, shadows and some effects which went to high instead of epic and I turned off advanced sharpening. One thing I'd like to note here is that this being UE4, you can forget that crisp and sharp look older sims have, at least without a high-end rig and all those post processing effects.

The FFB is actually quite good now, especially on the Ferrari. I put some road effects on, because fake effects add immersion, duh? Other cars, not so much, but it's not bad, definitely not CARS bad. What is bad though is the slight input lag (something I think is inherent to UE4) and still no soft lock. When you slide, the wheel rotates all the way to the limit with quite the force in typical Assetto manner.

It's looking good, but if this is the final version before release, they have to be joking. The game is shaping up, but nowhere near release-ready. Is there even a damage model here?

15. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Cant honestly imagine that its current state is anything like what the final release v will be.
    I really like it, FFB for me is poor compared to RR and RF2 but graphics wise, the sooner S3 pull their finger out and update the graphics the better RR looks so dated in comparison. Only thing stopping me playing ACC right now is the poor vr implementation for Windows hmd. sort that out and for me its a winner all day long.
    Edit - mish mash - im drunk ;)

16. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    My Problem is, even with my rig, I can hardly come out off ASW with the Rift and with ASW there is a huge lag.
    So it is drivable but I can't stay any competition. Hopefully they will sort it out.

Graphics are on medium settings and the look is okayish. In the Rift not even better than R3E.

17. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    It's strange, my asw is super fluid and in most times i have hard time distinguishing it from 90fps and there's no lag at all (atleast no different that 90fps)

18. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    ASW super fluid here too

19. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, but no ASW is super Fluid. In no game. Even on Euro Truck Simulator it's a huge difference.
    Drive a race with 90 FPS and than with ASW on. It's a big change.

Imagine that you will find the right braking point or apex and you can only see it in the next image.

But thats not my question. If you're happy with 45 FPS in your HMD, than OK.
    My question is: Do you have a setting, where the game comes with 90 FPS and NOT with ASW?

I know, that my system is not the slowest as you can probably see in my signature. But it's hard ot better said NOT possible to reach the goal to not drive without ASW. (Other than R3E, where this is no problem and the graphic is limited by the display of the rift so it is not said, that ACC lokks better in it)

20. Exiled Scotsman

Exiled Scotsman Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I really want to get into ACC, but I just cannot escape AC(1?) with Sol and the Shaders Patch. Content Manager just makes everything too easy lol.

• Agree Agree x 1