Fanatec General Discussion

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DomB, May 22, 2018.

1. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I suppose I should have added a smiley at the end as it was meant as more of a joke, obviously doesn't take too much to send you off on a rant.

2. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    He would 't have complaint. It's all a matter of excersice or talent.:p

• Like Like x 3
  3. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    It's off topic to this thread, but that video is insane! If one of those drivers goes just slightly to the edge of the track, they are going to hit at least 1/2 dozen people!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I use CSR Elite pedals as my daily pedals (they have a load cell) and work directly in base or straight to the PC just fine !
    CSR not Elite dont have load cell !!

5. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    @DomB Thomas said in the Forum something about an Podium wheel adapter. Can you tell us something about that?
    Is this a new designed Universalhub or just the base of the Porsche Wheel ? And when will this be released? :)
    01.png
    1.jpg

6. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    To answer the question by myself incase anybody wondered as well xD ....

at 02:24 Thomas said everything will be avaiable seperately. So podium adapter is basically the same as the universalhub adapter.
    The buttonplate is not fixed to that.... would be nice if this buttonplate will be produced in different sizes :)

7. DomB

DomB Fanatec

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Yes the Podium Wheel Adapter is this part:
    PWA.jpg

It's not exactly a direct equivalent of the ClubSport UHX. It's not Xbox One licensed, and the quick release section is also a separate component. So you need a minimum of the Podium Wheel Adapter and ClubSport Quick Release Adapter in order to attach a random wheel rim to one of our wheel bases. Unfortunately I can't give you an ETA on this product.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Neil Bateman

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    @DomB Just a quick question, is it normal for a service center to receive a set of pedals for repair and not communicate anything at all to the customer 11 days after them arriving. Apparently I am waiting for a e mail to inform me about any payments that may be needed before any work can even begin on the repair, which I assume means nothing has been done so far after 11 days. First time dealing with a Fanatec service center so no idea what sort of time scale for repairs is normal.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. DomB

DomB Fanatec

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Hi Neil, I've sent you a PM.

10. Jonathan Young

Jonathan Young Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I updated my Fanatec rig to the latest drivers and firmware for my CSL elite base and Mclaren wheel, in order to get it working correctly with the latest build of ACC. That worked, eventually, but when I went back to Raceroom for the first time in a while, the FFB was all over the place. Does anyone know if either Raceroom has changed something recently or if there’s any sort of issue with the latest Fanatec drivers and R3E?

11. Alwin Reid

Alwin Reid New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @DomB Hi! I have reinstalled R3E in anticipation for Group C, however my csl elite pedals will not be recognized. I am using a v2.5 base with formula black rim, the pedals are plugged directly into the wheel. In the past this wasnt an issue but I cannot seem to solve it this time around. The current solution I am using is the pedals are mapped to throttle/brake when I go to race I get the warning that no pedals are connected if I click continue they work in the car. Any ideas?

12. DomB

DomB Fanatec

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I've just tested RaceRoom on the latest drivers and I didn't run in to any issues. It's possible that you were using different Tuning Menu settings before you updated the firmware, and the firmware update will have reset the values back to defaults, which may have affected the way RaceRoom behaves.

Hi Alwin, if you're seeing the pedal inputs correctly in the Fanatec driver, this might be related to a RaceRoom setting rather than being a hardware issue. In any case, it might be one to discuss with our support team.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jonathan Young

Jonathan Young Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Thank you.. I guess it's possible that I'm running slightly different settings on the tuning menu on the wheel than I was before, but it would be marginal. I have fiddled with it a little but it's still not working well. I'd be hugely grateful if CSL Elite users could post their wheel settings for me to copy - many thanks...

14. Jonathan Young

Jonathan Young Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    It’s not the settings on the wheel, it must be in game. It’s almost turning the wheel itself, completely undrivable. I really don’t know what’s happened. I guess I could do a reinstall, but if anyone could post in game settings , I’d be grateful.

P.s. should the forces be inverted on the CSL or not? Tried both and they’re both bad but would like to know which I should be starting with.

15. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Yes they should be inverted.

• Like Like x 1
  16. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Guess, Dom gave you an appropriate answer, but in my case, once the the label on my package rubbed off and so it had a little holiday tour for a few days and came back untreated. Before I asked via supportchat (its the fastetst way) if they've got anything - which was denied...

17. Neil Bateman

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    That's not good mate, well, although I really appreciate dom helping out, and it did seem to speed things up for me, thanks Dom;), but when I had the pedals returned I was less than impressed with the result, the brake rumble motor was not tightened down, screw was barely in and the motor was able to swing from side to side and wobble around, also the small grub screw was not screwed in either.
    In my opinion when customers are spending thousands of pounds, and I have £1200 invested in their equipment you expect some good customer service, it looked like I had given my pedals to my mate next door to fix and not a professional service engineer.
    I explained that the problem was for whatever reason I could not remove the pin which enables you to remove the preload screw and change around the Elastomer springs, or even just to maintain, clean and re grease the springs, it does appear the elastomer springs have been changed but there has been no acknowledgment that there was an issue and no mention of any possible explanation as to why I could not simply and easily remove the pin, which should just push out with little effort according to all the relevant tutorial videos out there, and whether or not it was resolved or if I will have the same issue next time I try to run routine cleaning maintenance,
    I certainly think it would be pointless to contact them again and express my dissatisfaction at the quality of the work carried out and lack of communication, and the simple fact I had to seemingly ask questions in a forum to get something moving, as it would achieve nothing, now, to me the brake pedal just does not feel right, I don't know why but maybe its just all in my head knowing how much trouble I had and maybe the service engineer did to, and the fact it was not put back together fully, think I just need to spend a little more time with it and see if that brake feel I had returns.
    So right now I do not think I would make any further purchases from fanatic based purely on the standard of service I have received.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. DomB

DomB Fanatec

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Hi Neil. I'm sorry that you are dissatisfied with the service carried out. I'd like to respond to a few points:
    - While I did look into your case, it was in progress at the time and I did not directly influence the speed or outcome. I don't want people to get the impression that a forum post is necessary, because that is far from the truth.
    - I understand your concerns about the lack of updates during the repair process. This feedback has been noted, and it is something we are improving.
    - The pin will definitely be easier to remove for maintenance the second time.
    - It can be expected that the brake feels different. The Brake Performance Kit is now installed, which makes a dramatic difference to both the throw and the feel compared to stock, and it can take some time to retrain your muscle memory for threshold braking. The preload screw can still be adjusted slightly.

I will send you a PM with some extra details about the service process.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I have a Thrustmaster TMX currently with the original pedals. Lately i have been thinking about upgrading to better pedals and thought about the T3PA set. While searching pedals i came across the CSL Elite set, would they work with the TMX? Or do i need some type of adapter.

20. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    You don't need to run those pedals through a wheel. You can connect them via USB as a standalone device.