In-Gameplay Web Overlays

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by J-F Chardon, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    I have the same problem with my 32/9 49 pouces

2. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Some questions
    thanks

[​IMG]

3. raysson

raysson New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Greast update, like the new HUD, editing every element in size and position, top! And nice new cars also.

Had an crash today while watching an replay, training in the 962 on nords vln with 99 multiclass opponents.
    Never had an crash before, maybe related to the new HUD, don't know.

Attached Files:

4. [RWB] FxUK

[RWB] FxUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Today, I have been trying to figure out how to change the relative hud's distance into a relative time... and whilst I have it working, it doesn't align with other values.. not sure what the best way to achieve it actually is.

I am basically adding this into
    private calculateDiffsRaceRelative(drivers: IDriverInfo[]) {
    Whilst it works and is giving me a relative time based on speed etc, the times are different to those on the top bar and those from simhub. Which is correct, lol. Anybody clued up about this fancy helping me out?

Left boxes are simhub. I basically stopped on the start line, which shows #1 being 40.65s away from lapping me, which is cool
    but #20 is either 2.3s ahead, 4.23s ahead or 3.79s ahead ?!?
    The reason #2 and #3 seem to be less seconds away, in this instance, is likely because #1 has slowed for a corner, so at their current pace, would take longer to get to me than #2 at their current pace. Not ideal.
    Gaps.png

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  5. M. Veloso

M. Veloso Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    If the case is the Position Bar you want to disable, is on Game Settings/Hud Options, set Position Bar to, Off, it gonna disable the Session Info also, since they are both "connected".

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Herve45,
    You must delete the entray ,you made for the new Hud.go to raceroom launcher,select properties and delete it.
    Then the message in the upper left corner is gone!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Eric Statkevicus

Eric Statkevicus New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I made some modifications to the Spotting widget and built the new dash files (went into the dist folder as expected). In order to always use my modified webhud, do I always have to have a web server running locally via "npm start" or is there some other way to use my modified files? I tried to use a -webHudUrl=file:///C:/Users/xxx/webhud-master/dist as a launch parameter for R3E and ran the dist.exe that was created from my build, but got an Error 6 when starting a race (figured there was no web server running).

I'm not sure how we are supposed to share any of our custom webhud's with the community if you always have to run a local web server for the game to pick up any custom webhuds.

8. [RWB] FxUK

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I guess you could fork the git repo. I am able to host the distribution files myself without the need for doing this, but as an example, did create a fork with some experimental changes (radar transparency, mainly). Pretty new to github to be honest, but it took me 2 mins.

Then you can provide an alternative launch param, i.e:
    -webHudUrl=https://fxuk.github.io/webhud/dist/

Side note, I likely won't be doing anything else with that fork, since I have no need atm.

9. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    is it possible to resize the widgets in the raceroom example hud?

10. Pierre Hox

Pierre Hox New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Yes. In the HUD settings, there's a slider above each widget options that you can move to resize them

11. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
  12. Pierre Hox

Pierre Hox New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    While I'm here, what's the use of the g-force app ? How can I use it to improve ?

13. Nessa Revane

Nessa Revane Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    @J-F Chardon
    A small improvement suggestion for the GitHub WebDashboard:

It would be nice to have an option to show all widgets. This way you could position the widgets in a relaxed way and don't have to move or scale them to good luck or hectic way when them triggered.

What bothers me about raceroom's fade-ins is that you can't switch them off completely, despite the game settings: Game insertions - OFF selected, there it would be good if you had your own menu tab where you could select single insertions or HUD elements.

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. Eric Statkevicus

Eric Statkevicus New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    When you mention you could host the distribution without doing the fork, is that by running npm start and using -webHudUrl=http://localhost:4000/ as a launch param, or some other way? If it's some other way, could you elaborate (that's what I'm trying to figure out).

15. [RWB] FxUK

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Using my own web server and hosting the dist files online, not locally.

16. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I would also prefer the 'Relative' widget to show a time gap rather than a distance gap.

Could the Devs please just provide us with a button in the options panel to choose between time and distance?

It would be much appreciated. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Or just mouse over the widget and scroll the mouse wheel.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    You can drag and drop the dist folder to Netlify Drop - they allow hosting for 24H each time without signup.

upload_2019-4-6_23-55-16.png

You will then get a URL for the hosted webhud and then add that as a launch command.

GitHub is probably the best to use, but this is a nice user friendly way too.

19. [RWB] FxUK

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Having spent some time now with the webhud, I think its great... for bolt on apps, but in all honesty, would prefer to see some TLC to the native in-game hud, such as options to move elements (without editing files/third party apps) and a few new items, such as tyre temp / damage indicators to go with the additional features.

As it stands, there is a clear divide between the webhud and native elements, including options available. i.e not being able to turn off native flags or move native elements around. Chat still terrible. Flags in the webhud and pit info in the webhud are useless when you have that information fixed in-game already. Not to mention the webhud's reliance on another exe and a served set of files. Whilst I personally don't have any performance issues, lots of people are.

Native hud elements, such as a radar / tyre temps and damage info would likely not have this side effect.

Just my 2c. Like I say, I can see it has great potential, but its not a replacement for native.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  20. Virtual Apex

Virtual Apex Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Is anyone having an issue with the game going into pause mode when entering a race while using the new hub? The only car that will work is the group c, all others cars and the game controls will freeze with a message in the top left stating game paused. I have verified steam files, deleted the game and all files and reinstalled, but still having the same issue . Once I get the paused game message all controls are locked and the only way to shut down the game is with task manager .