Released 4th April 2019 Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Whipping, beating and kicking the 964 around the turns of the Swedish rumble pits, is great fun! All the time a curse on my tongue, all the time a prayer on my mind. And all the time giggling like a hysterical diabolo. I feel like grumpy Gollum on wheels in these. One of my to-go-to cars from now on.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Just fired up the update for the first time. No issues on my end. Graphics as stable as they were before. I'm not using the new HUD as I prefer to use second monitor and have a clear driving screen. Simhub bass shakers feel much better as now using the proper suspension information, bumps and kerbs feel very natural. Great update, love it.

3. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Tried new HUD, 30 GT4 cars at Brands on my old Dell 1500 drafting PC with sh*t Quadro card....no drop in performance, but this is on medium settings. ( I cant run more than about 10 cars in AC on this rig)

4. olli green

olli green Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone know, if its now possible, due to the new shared memory possibilities, to show the position in class when racing multiclass events?

5. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Thats always been possible as far as i know

6. olli green

olli green Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Oh ok. Didnt knew that.
    I was using dashmeterpro and now sim dashboard and I did not found this feature yet..?

Can you name an app where this is possible? Thanks in advance

7. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Dont know anything about apps but the normal r3e position bar shows your position in class

8. olli green

olli green Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Yea, i know. But i am racing completely without hud elements on screen. I am only using apps with tablet/phone for this.
    This is, why I was asking.

9. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Right, I took a look this morning, noticed nVidia had a new driver so d/loaded, installed and I've gone straight back to around the 100fps mark, so I'm back from sour Stoat to happy Bunny.
    That 962 mind, :cool: what a piece of kit, finding it easier to drive than anticipated but hard work when it comes to pushing to the limit. Been ragging it around Silverstone and absolutely loving every minute of it, even pirouetting across the grass and into the Armco, just feels like you're doing it in style with a bit of panache. Petit a petit, l'oiseau fait son nid. Magnifique!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Then i dont know :D
    But from what i hear this all brings quite a few new possibilities so i wouldnt be surprised if showing position in class were one of them

11. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Secondmonitor does it, I have all on screen info off and rely on that app and simhub for my dash screen.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the advice!
    To the other guys reporting issues: it means nothing if you don't mention you GPU brand and the Driver Version you're using ;)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  13. Dave Brown65

Dave Brown65 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Got it working, thanks for help.

14. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    o_O nVidia and the latest being the last one released 425.11.
    Had a good old session in the Group C's last night and if anything I'm getting better fps than prior to the post update slow down. Someone has done something somewhere, can't believe this was solely driver related. Must have a crack at DR2 again, as have nothing but poor fps with it no matter what I tried. Think it's getting near time for a cpu/mobo upgrade :rolleyes: another Organ lost and another big scar I guess! :D

15. Holmberg

Holmberg Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    How do I get simvibe working after update?

16. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    You'll need to wait until it's been updated by its author. You could try simhub for your shakers in the meantime, it's excellent.

17. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Who do you think you are?? Updates happen, sometimes things are not perfect but definitely going in the right direction. There are hundreds if not thousands of users that are very happy with how raceroom is progressing, we don't particularly care about your "investors" either. Grow up and stop crying like a little baby.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    If your league is so incredibly important why not commission your own SIM to run it on? Your investors will pay for it surely?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    Guys, calm down.
    No need for personal insults here.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1