ADAC GT Masters Esports Championship - Online Season

Discussion in 'Tuning World Bodensee 2019' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Nemenems

Nemenems Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Stay on track and no penalty ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Suione/Remo[GER]

Suione/Remo[GER] New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah but you have to agree that this is rediculus. They are expecting you to slow down and Serve a penalty and if you do, nothing happens. There is no logical element, which is giving you the chance of serving penalties in an effective way. I mean I would be totally ok if they give you 5 seconds for a trackleaving, but it is kinda random how much a 2 second penalty cost you in the end.

3. Risto

Risto Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I wish to express that I really enjoyed the race yesterday, I entered the race with a cool head and no goals, but fighting with the top guys really got me fired up and especially when giving chase to Florian Hasse in the end of the race after he passed me, I really had to exceed myself to stay concentrated and keep up with him. Made mistakes eventually, but was a great race.
    See you all at the live event ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    The penalties in their current state are not ready for serious championships. They were made under the assumption of no post-race stewarding ie: regular open-server online races. The current model should be deprecated in favor a 3-strike rule and proper stewarding after the race, like it happens in real events, which sim-racing tries to emulate.

There are no ways to sugar-coat the current model and its issues, because they are plenty and quite severe. It punishes racing, which is ironical.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    How would that be supposed to work out tho? If you were to rewatch the footage youd need 3 guys spending their 40h weeks just watching the footage for this championship which is slightly beyond sector 3s capabilities... :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Not "that" kind of stewarding Nico :) The stewarding would be made post-race upon formal complaints of other drivers, much like what already happens now, in order to aggravate the penalty in the form of "added-time" to the final results. You can always aggravate a penalty post-race, but you cannot ever decrease it.

Under this assumption, the auto-penalties should be as friendly and permissive as possible. The 3-strike rule would take care of most of the abusers with serious 2~5 seconds slowdowns.

7. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Then id be busy trying to write down other drivers names, laps and corners half the race :D
    But maybe if i got your 3 strike rule more clearly that might be less of a problem. Do you mean it kinda like you can go off track twice without anything happening and the third time youd get a penalty in the height of three added incidents?

8. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    You would be fine. The championship rules already dictates the participant must save their race replays.

Yes, only penalize on the third transgression. How much time it should penalize transgressions is up for the organizers consideration.

But most importantly, this type of rule is very racing friendly. In the situations where for example you are forced out of track limits while fighting or when losing car control, It must have already happened to you losing time and still be given a penalty on top!

9. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    So id have to rewatch the whole thing? :D

Yeah that might be nice for championships but i cant imagine it working for public servers. Youre just giving away two free passes for the biggest posssible cuts. And i doubt the devs would wanna implement two different slow down systems into the game

10. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    This seems to be a bug induced by flooring the throttle while serving the penalty. Nonetheless, this was not the perfect part of the track to serve the penalty anyway which should be obvious with a little bit of preparation...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    He tried to serve the penalty on a long straight between two bends by lifting off the gas, and he moved off of the racing line to do it. Seems like a logical way to serve a penalty to me.

Please explain, what should be 'obvious with a little bit of preparation'?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  12. Mario R.

Mario R. Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    entirely agree with you

13. Mario R.

Mario R. Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    the race line after the first Corner is very wide and to short to serve the slow down.
    you have to serve the slow down in the straight befor the hear pin

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  14. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Theoretically no part of a track should be too short since you can lose 2 seconds by going slow in any corner/straight and the bit between turns 1 and 2 certainly allows other players to see you in time and pass safely. So why should he wait any longer and risk the time penalty increasing (unless thats been properly fixed by now)?

15. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    I confirmed my theory on Jardier's penalty, it was because he crossed into the pit exit path. The game doesn't allow you to serve your slowdown in the pits to avoid people just jumping into the pits with a 10 second slowdown and serving it fully without losing time. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to check if you have actually taken a pitstop that lap, before it stops the slowdown progress when you are in the pit exit path. So it's a confirmed bug and will hopefully be fixed :p

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. easy_kill_72

easy_kill_72 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hello :)
    Just to say thak you to the staff for all these awesome moments I had during this eSport event !
    And special congralutations to Tomas Gego and Malte Shneider for this big big epic fight we had almost all the race at Hockenheim. It was really tight and very virile in few moments. Well ... Malte closed the door on me on last corner, and I lost the car, but I pushed him a bit on turn 12 a few meters ago, so kinda 50-50.
    I could finish the race in 5-7th, but the multiple slow-downs plus the contact with Malte ruined my race. I even lost the car by myself on the last lap, I was really frustrated ^^. Still finish 14th.

Oh, and BTW, I'm Valentin Barrier ;)

17. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Congratulations to Florian Hasse for winning the online multiplayer championship!
    [​IMG]

I would like to thank all participants in this season. It was a nice one.

• Winner Winner x 3
  18. lukas.buron

lukas.buron Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Race highlights from server 2, where I took pole position :)

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  19. Risto

Risto Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    When can we expect detailed information about the finals? Car choice, format etc

20. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Dont know if everything you wanna know is in there but might be worth giving it a read ;)

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 1