Bug AI issues since last patch

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Manfredk2, Jan 2, 2019.

1. RavingLunatic01

RavingLunatic01 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Don't mind a little aggression and guilty of it myself when the pesky AI gets in my way. In some of the classes I was snookered off the track heading into a corner when there was enough room for a semi to get past on both sides. From memory one of the Mercedes DTM series AI made it a rule rather than the occasional bump.

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    All your personal data (ai file, setups, controller config etc) are saved in documents folder rather than the game install folder so unless they have been deleted you should be able to recover them.....

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for this. The above has been resolved (should be in the next patch) - working on the others now.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    you are welcome

5. RavingLunatic01

RavingLunatic01 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yeah thanks ravey. I only moved the RR steam install folder from one drive to another and did not mess with documents side. I moved PC1, PC2 and rF2 to another SSD and they seem to take off where there were at before the move with settings etc. I didn't worry too much about it and just have to shave a mere 2-3 seconds off my already blistering lap times to keep up with the lead few cars. The actual racing itself has never been better though so no complaints.

6. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    @Alex Hodgkinson Works much better now. They have still a few problems for example at Suzuka and Hockenheim (first turn, only after start).

Was hoping that the issues of the other cars/classes are also solved with the last patch. They still have problems at Hockenheim, Suzuka, Mid Ohio and so on...
    2019-02-02 1141 0001.jpg 2019-02-03 1030 0001.jpg 2019-02-03 1040 0002.jpg

@MattStone How are your observations at the problem tracks?

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Red bull is still a problem at the first turn and I noticed they spin a lot on the corner before the last turn
    Zand they keep rolling and spinning at the hairpin in half way round the track

Because they are not bunched as much there a less incidents but they still roll after hitting the inside curbs :(
    On the two tracks I've tested so far I'd say every second lap there is an incident

Right now I'm trying to figure out the best way to re train the AI

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. stobbs

stobbs Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    GT4s at Nurburgring often spin out on the exit of the left hander after Schumacher esses

9. benoityip

benoityip Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    AI in Salzburgring always crash into the barriers set in the bus stop (same type of first corner in Monza, but it is not happening in Monza because there is no barriers)

because the AI will use the off track part to race in order to prevent accidents. the AI does not realise there is a big barrier in front of them. A suicidal crash

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Altdorf

Altdorf New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Fr US has trouble with the pit entry on mid ohio. Sometimes they get on the grass instead of the pit road and crash against the right wall. Didn't test with other cars.
    crash.jpg

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. ValentinoTaylor

ValentinoTaylor New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    (Not sure if this belongs here, let me know if you want me to open another thread)

I've noticed that the AI pace is inconsistent within certain tracks. In other words, it's too fast in some corners and too slow in some others. Changing the AI difficulty doesn't help there. Tested with GTR3, TT Cup and WTCR 2018 mainly.

Spa:
    - AI runs wide out of Les Combes, sometimes in the grass but still manages to be faster than me
    - In Pouhon, I stand no chance, they gain almost a second no matter what I do
    - Not taking Stavelot 1 and 2 wide enough, yet still manage to exit the corner faster
    - Braking at the apex of Blanchimont
    - Braking too early for the last chicane

Suzuka:
    - A bit too slow into T1 and T2
    - Impossible to keep up in the 2nd part of the Esses (especially 5, 6, 7). I lose at least 7 tenths there

Anderstorp:
    - OP at the exit of Södra
    - Impossible to keep up in Startkurvan and Opel (the banked turns)

Road America:
    - Too fast in the Caroussel (especially in WTCR cars)

Bathurst:
    - A bit too fast in the top of the Mountain, especially in The Chase (not so much sure about this one, might be me)

I hope this helps, and let me know if you want more details ;)

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Maybe its better to start a new thread.

This thread should show the Devs where the AI has problems to handle the car or is crashing often/constantly

13. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    lets keep it in this thread for now , hate chasing multiple threads

Andi

14. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Good to see that i'm not alone.
    I mainly run GT3 as well (as many of us do ;-) ) and I run standard setups (only TC at different % as default)

Spa:
    - AI runs wide out of Les Combes, sometimes in the grass but still manages to be faster than me
    - In Pouhon, I stand no chance, they gain almost a second no matter what I do
    - Not taking Stavelot 1 and 2 wide enough, yet still manage to exit the corner faster
    - Braking at the apex of Blanchimont
    - Braking too early for the last chicane

Exactly same what I see as well. I run at about 102-104 AI strength, so the laptimes in the end do match but I loose at the mentioned corners above and "win" all the time at braking last chicane and La Source.

I generally gain time at heavy breaking points (ABS on). Most before T1, Nürbugring before T1, Norisring at both breaking points, Mid Ohio at T2 etc etc.. And I mainly loose time in all "fast" corners like Pouhon, or at Bathurst when you reach the top of the mountain with the 1st right hander and then those 3 fast left handers.

I played all simbin games (some others as well) and I always have the same "issues". I'm much better in breaking zones and much slower in 3-4 gear corners. I know they are generally harder to drive to get apex right. But it is in deed always a little bit frustrating. I know I'm by far not a good sim driver but by far not the worst ;-) , playing those games for more than a decade.

Suzuka:
    - A bit too slow into T1 and T2
    - Impossible to keep up in the 2nd part of the Esses (especially 5, 6, 7). I lose at least 7 tenths there

Exactly same for me.

Anderstorp:
    - OP at the exit of Södra
    - Impossible to keep up in Startkurvan and Opel (the banked turns)

Do not often run Anderstorp but there I gain time at least at first banked corner. 2nd one has tricky exit.

Road America:
    - Too fast in the Caroussel (especially in WTCR cars)

At the Carousel I always loose time at any racing sim I played so far, which has Road America).

Bathurst:
    - A bit too fast in the top of the Mountain, especially in The Chase (not so much sure about this one, might be me)

Same for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. ValentinoTaylor

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I've done a couple of races at Norisring, one with the WTCR 2018 cars, and one with GTR4.

The WTCR AI runs wide out of Grundig-Kehre (the first haiprin) and hits the barrier on the right. Same for Dutzendteich-Kehre.

EDIT: The GTR4 AI hits the wall of the first part of the chicane (T4 I believe? They hit the inside wall on there and lose control). Once, a Lotus spun out of Dutzendeich-Kehre and caused a pileup, but that may be bad luck.

As always, let me know if you want a replay or more info :)

• Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  16. ValentinoTaylor

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    At Sepang, it's pretty much impossible to keep up with the AI through T5, T6, T7 and T8, especially 5 and 6. Tested with the GTR2 and WTCR 2018.

Same problem as the other ones I've mentionned, I can make up some time in the rest of the track, but lose everything there.

17. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Since last big update (basically before as well):
    Hungaroring last corner, I loose about 0.5 seconds (AMG GT3, adaptive AI).
    Chang circuit: t4-t7. Loose about 1second (Porsche GT3)

I don't know maybe I'm simply too stupid for those fast 2nd - 3rd gear corners.
    In slow corners I nearly always gain time. In fast 3rd Gear or faster I'm equal with ai. Exception cobs Corner....
    I use default setup (only % at TC changed to Lower levels).
    AI should bei somewhere around 100-105% depending on track.

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Did a GT1 race (19 AI, adaptive AI) at Spa today. AI crashes every lap at Eau Rouge

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. ValentinoTaylor

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Did a GT1 race at Spa (21 opponents, 104 AI). They don't crash at Eau Rouge/Raidillon like Manfred said, but they definitely take too much kerb and get loose. Also, La Source is a mess, especially in the first lap, and afterwards, they are usually very slow there, almost parking their car on the apex.

BTW, they are still too fast and too slow at the places I've mentionned some posts ago.

On the other hand, I did a WTCR race at Monza (104 AI I think?), and through Biassono, Lesmo 1 and 2 and the Parabolica, it's like racing against WTCC, they have way too much grip and power. Even if I get the best exit out of T1, I still get passed in Biassono. Also, I'd say the agression is about on the level of public lobbies.

Hungaroring, same experience as anno (AI a bit too fast in the last corner), have not tried Chang yet.

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Thats strange. My adaptive AI is maybe a little slower but in my races there is an ai crash in every lap (oversteering back)