Request for OPTIONAL "Road Surface Effects"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turtle Power, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
  2. Haiden

Haiden New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    At which one? The link goes to a full page of settings, which scales are you referring to? My intensity is already at 100%. I don't know what scale(s) you're suggesting I raise.

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Red bull ring is bumpy as a bastard, it sends my buttkickers crazy....

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    You are talking about mine I think? For my DD wheel In-game settings General force feedback settings: General Force feedback intensity at 55% is strong as it is. Higher than 55% would be way to much. As for the Steering force settings: Steering force intensity:40% is perfect. More than 40% would also be too much.
    Hence that in MMOS I have Max force set to 100% to take a full advantage of the in-game setting. In addition, I also tried reducing in MMos Max force to 50%-60% and increased in game General force feedback settings: General Force feedback intensity to 100%. The results were BAD. Weird things and it didn't make any sense. Just for the record, I have been fiddling with the FFB settings for a long time and I think I've experimented with pretty much everything from in game setting to Control set and MMos for DD.

On a positive note, I am very happy with my current FFB settings (as per my post) and before I touch up on road effects, in order to understand what I am saying, first you must own DD wheel and then go through the setup yourself. I strongly believe that your advice and support is valid and correct , but if your experience is based on consumer wheels, then we could be spinning around the circle forever. This is why I've created a thread about the OSW support.

5. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    i think , this is my opinion , though that you should inverse it as at present for me your wheel is running 100% of not much info

id go 100/100 and turn the wheel down , that way its sending all of the signal and not % of it

Andi

6. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Thats great but I believe that we are talking about the steering FFB effects, not buttkickers. I am glad that it works well for the buttkickers

7. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    No my point was that the surface information is definitely there, as some say that there is so surface info in RR, it obviously does vary track to track though as some feel very smooth. buttkickers read directly from the suspension output.

8. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I cant see the point cuz everything works well except not getting much info on road effects and small oscillations occurs when the car is static? Or maybe I don't understand what you are trying to say?:p

9. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Ok that sounds good

10. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    if i was to pass 10 apples through yor filters you would recieve 1.8

55 then 40

Andi

11. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I just tried your suggestion, not working. But thanks anyway

12. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    I really wish it was that easy - it should be - but it's not.

In AC you can adjust something called "Road feel" ("fake" or not) and this can be set between 0-100 procent without effecting the overall FFB, this is not the case in Raceroom.
    By increasing Vertical load you ad weight to the FFB and you sudenly find your self in a spiral of adjustment back and forth and believe me, I have tried every possible setting, both ingame and in the rcs-file. Comparable road feel doesn't exist in Raceroom, but there is BUMPS. In some tracks a lot, in others zero.
    As mentioned a few times in this thread Red bull is one of those, Road America is not.
    In the first i can feel it both by FFB and tactile feedback and even visualy how the car bouncing up and down. And all this in sync. This is not the case with Road America were both FFB and tactile feedback is more or less none existing.
    Please drive this two tracks and tell me that everything is as it should be.

@Haiden @Turtle Power @ravey1981 Please you to!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  13. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    One thing I did find when adjusting FFB (and this is on a consumer wheel not DD so your milage may vary). Vertical load and steering rack % seem to be very related....if you reduce one you have to raise the other. Might be worth playing with the steering rack settings to see if that helps any? If I remember right more rack and less tyres makes bumps more pronounced at the wheel...

14. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Ok. Are we talking about DD or Consumer wheel?
    I can feel a few bumps on Redbull, Bathurst and Salsburgring.

Redbull: as i mentioned before a few good and strong ones between Turn 5 and Turn 6.
    Road America: almost none, flat

15. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    I guess something in between, csw v2.5.

16. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, once again, different ball game unfortunately.

17. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Maybe, but our experience is the same. The difference between the tracks has much likely very little to do with which wheelbase we use (I think).

18. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
  19. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    You have to try DD, but don't blame me if you get hooked instantly :D

20. Turtle Power

Ratings: