Released 4th April 2019 Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Apr 4, 2019.

1. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Out of interest do you have a commercial license to run Raceroom as a business because if you don't you should have.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    not for what you want to do with it , you talked lan setup; that is a business solution , through there event software , which your not running if your running the game as is
    extracts from eula

This EULA grants you a personal, non-exclusive licence to use the Product on any number of computers solely for your own private use. Any other use not provided for in the Product or otherwise authorized by RaceRoom, including but not limited to unauthorized lease or rental, public use or other display, e.g. in schools or universities and any process through which this Product or its component parts would be made available to the public (via the Internet or otherwise) is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of RaceRoom.

You are not entitled to: (a) sell, grant a security interest in or transfer reproductions of the Product to other parties in any way, nor to rent, lease or licence the Product to others; (b) host or provide matchmaking services for the Product or emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by RaceRoom in any network feature of components to the Product, (c) use any utility program or any other techniques not known or hereafter developed, for any purpose, including, but not limited to network play over the Internet or other private or public networks, network play utilizing commercial or non-commercial gaming networks or as part of content aggregation network; (d) hack or attempt to hack any of RaceRooms or third parties servers used in providing the Product or features thereof, or to attempt to crack or otherwise bypass any security systems RaceRoom may have in place to protect the Product or its servers, or (e) exploit the Product or any of its parts for any commercial purpose.

Andi

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  3. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    nothing says you cant all sit in a room together and play , what it does say is you cant modify or divert it so you can run off line or across lan , or for any commercial purpose ....
    which you keep mentionng in the sense of your business

Andi

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0

cough

Andi

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Well...

• Like Like x 2
  6. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    If you use the software in a commercial business and profit from it then you need a commercial license, it's not rocket, you are gaining profit from someone else's IP therefore you pay a commercial royalty, single end users do not profit from it and pay for the sim as is, you are on shaky ground my friend.

If individual users are logging into their own accounts at a LAN then I see no problem unless it's used for an ESport type event where commercial license would apply as it involves monetary value.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

To clarify, RaceRoom operates on many locations already. Take the Raceroom cafe at the Nurburgring, or the newly opened Raceroom in Moscow, or the soon to open Raceroom at Brands Hatch.

Those are commercial licenses and use a special version of the software that possesses all the tools you seem to require in your complaints. If you are taking money in any way from those events then it’s definitely uncool.

You should get in touch with Raceroom about your activities and business plan.

Visit Raceroom.com and you will find there all the relevant contact information.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Bindaree Racing

Bindaree Racing Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like someone has been a naughty boy..............:imp::innocent::imp::innocent:

9. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Exit stage left......................................... and welcome to the forum RACE ROOM VI.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I bet his "investors" wish he knew when to keep his mouth shut....

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Actually, i'd appreciate if you came forward with a name. Feel free to send me a PM so I can understand what business you bring to RaceRoom.

12. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Where and how have you done this?

13. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    upload_2019-4-11_21-36-27.png

• Funny Funny x 17
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. bearr

bearr Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    You can specify the list of cars with tire pressure. Just 934rsr is missing from the list, but T. Jansen indicated tire pressure in the setup. Also on many cars there is a pressure adjustment (DTM 92, WTCC) does it work?

15. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The FR X-17 also has tire pressures without being mentioned in the change log.

16. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    This works not for 100% right now

17. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    We are happy with the updates, wich make the game better and better.
    But for championships it's something not so nice.
    We do a GTR4 championships and we noticed that the car setup is different as for the update.
    And some are not happy that the tire pressure could be turn off in the dedicated server because we handle with different rules in the competition.
    Even we have a championships with fixed setup where the brake balance is activated wich was't before the update. Don't understand me wrong, it's just little things we talked about it
    Keep up the good work

18. DaleJSmith

DaleJSmith Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I am happy to see the addition of the new hud and all. But it would have been better to it integrated. Not the actual hud design, but the "exe" that is needed to make the hud function as well as the option settings suggested for optimal usage. It seems like a simple batch file as part of the startup for Raceroom. Also, somehow add the web host address to the startup options either inside or outside Steam.

This would help keep Raceroom that rock solid, easy to use the platform I love. Just a thought.

Keep up the great work

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I presumed the whole point was to open up the shared memory so third party designers can get on and do their thing, if you want to start them together there is a suggestion by @Georg Ortner on how to do this. If it opened automatically you are then closing the door to developers. I get CC to run RR, so I open CC, open dash then start CC, this then gives the option to run any third party apps other than the included dash demo app.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  20. DaleJSmith

DaleJSmith Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I see your point. But Raceroom has been the least complicate setup of any PC sim that I have ever tried. I hope that it stays that way. I want to race, not have to constantly tinker with something to get it to work. Being open to addons doesn't mean it is should be complicated. K.I.S.S. usually works best.