Problem Nordschleife Connection Lost Issue

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Scout, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
  2. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Logs

Attached Files:

3. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    @Scout Thanks for reporting and including logs. Have submitted a report on this.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  4. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    I have tested again with the Nords Tourist layouts and no issues for 3 laps. Then tried the 24H layout and disconnected in Sector 1.

5. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    @Paul Darke Any chance the devs got a look at the logs? I have done more testing and the problem appears to be when you Escape to Pits in a Practise/Quali session, a few minutes later (3-10) you get booted. This doesn't seem to be a Nords issue or an issues with my server now, as its happened on silverstone and paul ricard on both mine and other peoples servers. I have tested running full practice/quali sessions of 20/30 minutes and I won't disconnect if I stay out on track. If I escape to pits i will be disconnected.

Hope that helps in reproducing/identifying the bug.

6. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Thanks @Scout I will add this to the report.

7. münch

münch New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Have the same issue :(
    @Scout Have you found any workaround to avoid these disconnects after Escaping to Pit?

8. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Basically the only solution I have to not disconnect is to not escape to the pit and take enough fuel for each session, or manually pit in for more fuel. But yeah, you can't alter the setup without escaping.

I havn't had this problem in the last week or so after doing lots of escaping to pits on 2/3 different servers, maybe its just coincidence, but what Anti Virus are you running?

9. münch

münch New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your reply.
    I have no Anti Virus running - and Windows Defender is disabled...
    Also tried it with a new simbin folder, but no success.
    I also want this coincidence! ^^
    Did you change any drivers or settings lately?

10. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    @Scout You stole my avatar ;)

11. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    What's your ip address? :rolleyes:

Uhh Ohh, avatar war brewing! :D

12. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    I tested with Avast running earlier, and didn't get disconnected, so doesn't look like an AV issue. I did upgrade my Nvidia driver but that was about it. Also moved to Steam VR Beta too, but doubt that fixed it unless you are running Steam VR/Oculus too?

Lol @ RoccoTTS too. I rotate my avatar every so often with motorsport cult helmets from here. :)

13. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    No problem mate. Nice to see someone else loving my childhood hero.

14. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    I noticed the same issue, Had 4 or 5 discconnects today at the Nordschleife.

Also tried the argument -disableReplay in the steam startup settings.

I use only the W10 firewall and antivirus and the firewall in my router: Speed W724V Typ B (Deutsche Telekom). Also tried to disconnect all other LAN cables from my router (except the PC) and also disabled WiFi, My PC is connected via cable.

I only notice those issues in Raceroom especially on the Nordschleife. Normaly drive at least once a week online during our community event at friday evening (8pm to 10pm) and those run fine on other tracks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  15. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    I haven't tested Nordschleife in a while, but I am no longer getting disconnects on other tracks anymore all of a sudden, not sure why.

I have spectated on some nordschleife races recently though and I kept disconnected within a few minutes. The cars usually start falling/flying in the air after a while like in this video before I get disconnected. Still seems to be happening since back then but disconnects whilst actually driving have been reduced it appears.

16. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    I did a little try and error today, with the following result

session1;
    Nordschleife VLN and 24hours, with VR, medium track details, Teamspeak and dashmeter, wired connection => various disconnects

session2:
    Nordschleife VLN and 24 hours, without VR but triple screen, medium track details, teamspeak, without dashmeter, wired connection => various disconnects

session3:
    Nordschleife VLN and 24hours, with VR, low track details. without and with teamspeak, without dashmeter and without steamoverlay and with steamchat set to offline, wired connection => no more disconnects!

I think during the next days I don't have time to check that many, but I wil post more results as soon as I can continue

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  17. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Another online race on the nordschleife, another connection lost (after the first racelap, but the previous 60 minuters quali were fine). But various events during the last months worked completely fine.

Attached Files:

18. Paul Au

Paul Au New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm having this issue as well. Almost exactly 10 minutes to the server I get connection lost. This is the Oscaro Practice Server in Nordshcleife. When Im in the Cupra practice server (different track) this doesnt happen. Only in this track Nordschleife I get disconnected. There was also a race before i think its the GT3 or GT4 which was to be held in Nordschleife as well. I get disconnected in the practice server after 10 minutes. Same section of the track, turn 3.

I have a wired internet connection FYI

19. Mark Kelarius

Mark Kelarius New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The exactly same issue after the first racelap today! the previous 2h quali without disconnect! :(

20. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    And again, after a fresh and clean Windows 10 (1903) I tried this thing again, and again getting a disconnect.

I will try again a session via USB-tethering with my mobile phone (instead of the wired connection to my router) during the next days. To exclude any hardware errors.

Attached Files: