Discontinued Zeroforce Racing HUD - Last beta version 0.9.9 released

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Jens W. Fiedler, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Jens W. Fiedler

Jens W. Fiedler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Hello Community,

Download link: www.zeroforce-racing.de

Atm I´m working on a little project called "Zeroforce Racing HUD". It´s based on the newest version of the shared memory API and offers an detailed HUD for Raceroom Racing Experience. The HUD is written in c# and WPF (not the new web overlay, the project was startet way before the announcement) and comes as overlay to the game which is shown only in car.

Zeroforce_HUD.png

The following HUD features are included in the actual Version 0.8.7 (alpha):

• Standings: View of up to 14 cars around the player with info on delta time, number of pit stops and car manufacturer
    • Car infos: Tire temperaturs splitted into three zones per tire, tire degradation, tire degradation per lap
    • Car infos: Fuel left, avg. fuel per lap, fuel delta compared to race distance
    • Car infos: Brake temperature
    • Car infos: Damage indicator for aero, engine and transmission
    • Car infos: DRS / PTP with number of shots left, PIT limiter
    • Radar which shows you all cars arround with indication if cars that are very close. The radar comes with a little spotter inspired by Crew Chief ;) (not even as good as the one in Crew chief, just a Little gimmick)
    • Lap Count: Extrapolated for time based races
    • Remaning time in session
    • Lap delta: Shows you the delta time to your best lap in a bar graph
    • Lap Progression: Shows you a graph of your 25 last laps in relation to each other. So it´s easy to recognize wether your lap times are increasing or decreasing to better time your pit stops
    • Detailed lap times: Best lap, last lap, sector times, sector deltas, actual lap time
    • Throttle indicator
    • Brake indicator
    • Rpm indicator
    • Start lights with acoustically feedback
    • Your own logo

The tool comes with a seperate configuration ui which allows you to customize your HUD for your own needs. The configuration ui inserts a tray Icon to your windows tool bar and can adjust all values during runtime, no restart of the application or game is needed.

Zeroforce_HUD_basic.png Zeroforce_HUD_Widgets.png

The following features are included in the actual Version:

• Color picker to choose a color for each widget
    • Automated start of Raceroom game. If you choose this option, raceroom will be startet when you open "Zeroforce Racing HUD"
    • Disabled ingame HUD. This option disables the original raceroom ingame HUD before starting the game.
    • Spotter voices: atm you can choose between two spotters, an english and a german version or disable the spotter. More voices will be integrated in the next version.
    • Font family: choice the font you like most.
    • Metric or imperial measurement

The first version is to be released soon. I hope some of you guys will help me to improve this little tool by testing and giving some objective criticism. If someone´s in, please send me a PN and I will send you the Alpha Version for playing arround.

Zeroforce_HUD2.png

This will be the road map for the next versions:
    1.0.0: Stable release
    1.1.0: Drag & drop resizing and repositioning of each widget
    1.2.0: Including race statistiks in the configuration tool the Analyse the past races
    1.3.0: Some telemetry Evaluation based on the new data delivered by the latest API Version

Thanks and regards

• Like Like x 14
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 6
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  2. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    Looks very promising. Does it work in fullscreen mode?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jens W. Fiedler

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Hello Georg,

Thanks.
    Yes its working in full screen and is responsive so it fits most resolutions. The widgets can be moved by the user. I will post a video later this day, so that you can have a further lock on my solution.

4. Nemenems

Nemenems Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Hi Jens,
    Great job. I send you a mp for testing your alpha version. I play in a team and if you want I can send at my teammate your alpha version for several tests.

Geeets

Yann Courtois
    Team GTR3 eSports

5. Jens W. Fiedler

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    I have uploaded some example videos to show you some of the basic features and an example how to setup, install and use the tool.

Lap progression and lap Delta:

Installation and initial Setup:

Radar and Spotter:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Looking good..are we going to be able to adjust the sizes of the widgets? Also does this stop the original game overlay from appearing?

7. Jens W. Fiedler

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Yes, resizing will be possible in the final version. Its just in alpha state at the moment, so there is some work to do but this feature is on the list. And yes, it stops the original overlay from appearing. But to be honest, it's not possible for all HUD Elements in R3E. I'm disabling all original HUD elements that can be set in the options menu. This includes the original standings, data map and track map. But till know I didn't found a way to disable the original starting lights and the new notifications that are displayed on the left side. But I'm working on it

• Like Like x 2
  8. Nemenems

Nemenems Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Great video Jens !
    I look forward to test this HUD !

Thanks

9. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yeh strange thing is the original start lights aren't there once I started using the new hud, and I can't get them back neither, also I managed to stop the messages on the left from appearing in cockpit only view by editing the hud.xml file, right at the bottom I just changed true to false in the line for show messages in cockpit view, but they will still appear in the other views. I do think it would be good for S3 to give us the ability to disable all the original overlays altogether.

10. Nemenems

Nemenems Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Hi Jens,

When do you think the Beta version will be available for testing?

Thanks

Yann

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jens W. Fiedler

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Hi Yann,

The beta version for testing will be available tomorrow afternoon. I will post the download link in this thread.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  12. Nemenems

Nemenems Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Perfect

Thanks

13. Jens W. Fiedler

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Hello together,

The latest version of the Zeroforce HUD is now available on www.zeroforce-racing.de.
    Feel free to download and use.
    Please use this thread to give me a detailed feedback on all bugs and features you would like to be changed or improved.
    The widgets can now be moved so that you can place them where ever you want. You only have to press Ctrl + M while you are in the car (or use the configuration tool)

Resizing of widgets is not included in this version but will be released later this week.

Moving widgets:

Have fun

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  14. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    When I have the time I will download a copy and put it to the test.

15. ROBERTO GIL

ROBERTO GIL New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    It works fine, but is to large for my configuration, I will wait for next release.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ist76

ist76 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Work fine, but please add indicate of tyre pressure, if this possible

17. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    For me it looks good, also the actual install needs to be in more languages I was taking guess work on that as the format is like most, and as already has been asked for we need to beable to resize..

18. Jens W. Fiedler

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Tire pressure is possible. Wrote it on the list for next release.

@Gopher: Which languages you are thinking of? I'm able to deliver german and english (i don't speak any other language and auto translation is horrible ). If you want more transaltions, we could try to solve this with a little community driven project.

19. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Me personally English, but was thinking more towards anyone really..;)

20. axxis278

axxis278 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Hi Jens,
    is you HUD ready for VR ?
    Did you bench it for ressources consumption ?