Released Volkswagen ID.R Time Attack Challenge

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    And we don’t even have DRS yet! Really looking forward to see what they can do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    yeah I can do consistent 6:09's and know that if I get the perfect lap I could achieve 6:06's but a 5:59! I just can't see how I could get there LOL

But I love this car..I never realised how much I used the gear of a car to assess my speed....it took me quite a while just to rely on visual ques

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I was not a big fan of electric race cars in the past. But because i'm a big Stoffel Vandoorne fan, i started to follow Formula E this year and i have to say it's really interesting to follow. I'm not against electric race cars anymore.

I tested the Volkswagen ID.R and i really like the whole idea of having electric cars in R3E. It's something really different than anything else we have in this game.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Magictap

Magictap Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I found that also.....scary first few laps!!! Now though, who needs gears :laughing:

5. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    I'm not that big fan of electric race cars, as they feel steriile, quiet, and don't trigger my primitive brain the way a rumbling, noisy, aggresive ICE does... :)
    But maximum torque from 0 rpm is not something I can ignore :D

Also, any cooperation with a major car manufacturer is a positive :)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Trickle

Trickle Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

So basically you tell us that you are going to waste even more time with this vacuum cleaner crap instead of focussing on finishing all the other classes and problems. Great.

I mean, it's not like that R3E does not have enough one-car-classes which need more vehicles, nor that it has broken physics, very outdated engine and unstable networking. Maybe focus on that first instead of implementing another physic and also breaking everything else with it (R3E telling me my batteries run low.. on a DTM '92 car... gg)

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  7. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I love driving this car, it drives like a dream despite no engine sounds.

When is this car will be available for purchase? Are we getting eTCR?

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Hey @Trickle I like this car too! Come and smash the dislike button. :D

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Pierre Hox

Pierre Hox New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I had a look at the leaderboard before launching the game and I thought : Wow ! already 1000 laptimes ! In less than a day ! How can it be ?
    And then I launched the game and saw the tiny little thing on the menu page... :D

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    So basically you tell us that you are going to waste even more time reading this thread about a car you don't like, so you can smash the dislike button every time someone say something positive about this car ?

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  11. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't call myself a big fan of electric cars, but I was interested in giving it a try and it's great fun. One thing I find very interesting and challenging (and I've mentioned it a few times today already, so apologies if you've already seen it) is how the absence of shifting completely changes the rhythm of going around the track, your brake points, turn-in points and where you get back on throttle change...it's a really interesting and unique experience.

It would certainly be fun to have the car available outside of the competition to give it a go at different tracks, or even do a race (managing energy could be an interesting challenge for a race, even if we might need fuel usage settings lower than 1 for a reasonable race).

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  12. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Dude you've gone to the dark side..:eek:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    @Gopher04 The darkest. Always. Many would attest to that, I'm sure.

But I also got there faster than you :p (Which was a genuine surprise for me I have to say.)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    https://www.autoblog.com/2019/04/24/vw-id-r-nurburgring-ev-record-attempt/

Testing begins - one thing that would need to be quickly fixed is the top speed for the sector 3 version

"On the Nordschleife lap, the ID. R will reach an average speed of more than 180 km/h (112 mph) — with a top speed on the straight of up to 270 km/h (168 mph).

If this has already been discussed - apologies - just saw this news this morning..

nathan

15. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    I don't think you fully understand either development or business. Something like this is big for RaceRoom - the partnership and publicity can go a long way. Just because its using cutting age technology, rather than technology created back in 1876, doesn't mean its a waste of time. RaceRoom is one of the very few games with a interest in hillclimb, it logically makes sense to have the current Pikes Peak record holder in there too for people to enjoy.

Also,

it's free.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  16. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    250 limit is intentional in the game and real life id.r will have drs

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Will try that when my wheel is fixed.

I hope it will wake some emotions in me. I doubt that, no engine sound, no shifting and a lot of downforce. i only drove Group 4 and 5 the last weeks, i think the gap would be too big. But i let me suprise.

It very nice for S3S to get such an opportunity, and i think such events will pay out in the future. First we had Merc with special, lets call it, event cars. Now Volkswagen. Two of the biggest brands in the world, maybe VW can make a call in SantAgate Bolognese for some more licensingstuff;)

18. nobledms

nobledms Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    The car is really fun to drive (and it looks WOW) , well done people. Also, this is advertising for the game as others have already said.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. ibporsche85

ibporsche85 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I've sent my email address, but haven't received the code to enter the contest.
    Am I missing something, or does it take awhile for the confirmation email?
    I did check my spam folder.
    Thanks

20. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    @ibporsche85 Wait, the game requires you to enter your email address and enter some kind of code to start the competition? It's a free competition you launch from the game, there should not be any codes...

• Agree Agree x 1