Released 23rd April 2019 update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Pierre Hox

Pierre Hox New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Yes, big logos are good when you don't have enough material to fill in the screen, but now RaceRoom has 7 pages of cars for you to choose... If you like the Zonda R, you better have a good mouse ! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    The cars have classes.

I actually don't like how cars are presented at the moment because of that car class selection.
    Instead of just applying the same system as for tracks, where you'd have a wall of class icons and then models and then liveries, I'd rather take the time to rethink how to present these.

Class icons make sense for most of us because we're used to them. But imagine being a new player freshly downloaded the game, they don't mean anything to you, they're all a bunch of round pictures that don't carry much appeal. Apart maybe the official series icons that you may recognize if you're a racing enthusiast (DTM, WTCC, etc)

So today we were actually throwing ideas around, one path could be to present them per manufacturer, or give a choice of sorting per class or manufacturer, etc. A bigger change would be for us to create categories for classes in our backend, so you could sort by open wheel, GT, touring, proto, etc.

It's not as easy as it all seems. If we update something, might as well make it nicer and better than before.

Also consider the various cases we need to support, like car selection in competition mode, car selection coming of an external link, etc.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I almost apologize to disagree with J-F... :oops:
    But when I start thinking of playing the game my first thought isn't "today I'd like to drive brand XY", but rather something like "today I finally want to take part to a Group C race" ;)
    So for my undestanding the partition in Classes is the most natural.

• Like Like x 2
  4. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Oh but you could still click a "sort by class" button and it would show those. Just the default should probably be manufacturers. Those are logos everyone knows.

• Like Like x 1
  5. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, you could include both options, to either sort by class, or sort by manufacturer.

Then again, I suppose it's all open to new ideas.

6. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I know, what about a green orb? :p

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    A random button for a car-track combo, please.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    In User weight ballast i missed the possibility to save a user with 0 kg weight
    When i start a championship in the future i can save al the members if this is possible before it starts.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  9. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Rather than sort by class, could I filter by class? Where I would pick a class from a combobox and only those cars would be displayed?
    The problem with sorting by class is that I would still have to scroll down extensively, if I would i.e. like to play TCR, or something down the alphabet (basically anything below GTx :D )

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Hello

bug
    At the end of the invalid tour, messages in blue remain displayed

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. doclucio

doclucio Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    please in the new layout think also if possible to show car characteristics...hp, torque(torque and hp graph), weight, drivetrain, engine displacement. thk you so much

• Agree Agree x 7
  12. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Just tried the new oschersleben layout and gotta say the track becomes a lot more enjoyable :D
    Just fps seem to be pretty low compared to other tracks.. not completely sure how it was before the update tho since i dont drive there often

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I like the Motorcycle layout with the more flowing Turn 1.......you can still pass there but not as abrupt.

14. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I tried the new HUD and yeah its kinda cool :cool: but i wont be using it , mostly because i dont need a HUD in most circumstances and the default HUD works enough for me for that ;)

I did notice my CPU usage go up considerably, at 4k Ultra going from around 20-25% usage to near 50% under same car / track and number of Ai and i did also get quite a few crashes and game lockups where the game was still running in the background (sound and FFB still going) but the picture was frozen . Alt Tab to Task manager to quite only option :rolleyes: !

Most importantly
    Is there a way to remove the message on the top left corner telling me to download the HUD that i already have and dont want to use o_O ?

15. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Yes, remove the steam startup parameter

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    lol, of course Thanks :)

17. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    This !!! GRRRR ive been on a screamer in the VW IDR with my ghost about a car and a half behind me just past the second Karussell and picture freezes !! This has been twice now around the same spot ! Pretty annoying but gotta remember ...its just a game o_O and i can try again, but still ,i have been trying to get to that magical 6 min mark and on a PB and crash is quite frustrating :confused:

18. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Have thesame problem too. :S