Released Volkswagen ID.R Time Attack Challenge

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Michaelx99

Michaelx99 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Did anyone have a problem with uploading the laptimes to the leaderboard? I improved by 4 tenths clean lap it showed the delta on the top right and it didn't upload to the leaderboard.

2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Soon!™ it all just takes a little bit of patience round here and by the time it shows up you'll be quicker again!
    It's a special algorithm designed to get into your psyche, drive you toward your ultimate time, all clever stuff! ;)

3. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Ah, I thought braking would be less efficient when regenerating more energy.

4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Where can i get the setups from?

5. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Georgs:
    Austins:
    Found georgs setup horrible over the curbs. Austins setup was pretty nice as a base. Think i lowered ride height and preload a bit and that worked pretty well for me

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  6. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Thanks heaps mate :) will try these asap.

7. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I only can manage a 6:08 with Austin's setup. Modified it a bit. But I also only tried 3 laps.
    I don't know where I can gain 10+ seconds :confused:

8. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Well I gained 5 seconds with Austin's setup ;) 6:08 here also! now where can I download more skill :oops:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    I'm currently sitting at a 5:56 with Austin's setup so it's already pretty good. Will try some tweeking now and get that 55. :D
    I'll also stream it over on my twitch so if anyone is interested in the line to take or when to brake/accelerate feel free to stop by. I'll also show you guys the setup if it's good.

• Like Like x 3
  10. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I improved from 6:06 to 6:01 with Austin's setup. Even though, that looking at numbers it should be horrible

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0

That's my lap that currently gets me P3. Setup is at the end of the video. Credits to Austin for the base setup. I only did some slight tweeks to it.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Pierre Hox

Pierre Hox New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I'm not a setup expert (far from it...) but it looks like a kind of exploit, don't you think ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    The setups are just a joke at this point lol, but it works...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Why do u guys think the setup is joke/exploit ? Im using same numbers in other cars. Full toe-out in rear, minimum dampers all around close to 50/50 brake bias. Looks like this car behaviour follows other cars in R3E, i mean setup wise. Of course its not very realistic setup numbers

15. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Not unheard of. GTP cars of the late 80s used toe out at the rear, and amongst other I've heard Aston Vantage GT4s did too. It's worth remembering that the maximum of 1 degree is still only a small amount.

This is not a given. Some people are using minimum, some are using maxiumum, some are staying at default. I feel like people are randomly clicking and not being methodical here. Either way, the hardest settings give only 50% more damping than the softest.

Car has a very rearward weight distribution with little transfer to the front under braking. Therefore it needs a lot of rear braking force.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Alex, i dont have the vast knowledge u have about those settings in real race cars but the much that i do is that **most** race cars running on rear toe-in and most of them running on 55-60 front brake bias, and correct me if im wrong here.
    Brake bias im using for example: FRX17 49-50%, 911 GT3R 51%, AMG GT3 51% to get "some" turn-in under trail-brake. I know their physics are not done by you, but still.
    But talking in general, a lot of raceroom cars are so under-steery that it take extreme setups to get them balanced, or a bit toward oversteer.
    i understand the default setups are meant to be under-steery for new comers but it feels the setup options are restricted to that side of the balance.

For damper, I agree, minimum all-around is not very common by drivers here...but still, Austin came to that conclusion for the IDR and lots of others are using his setup successfully.
    For me it feels the weight-transfer is delay in any level above zero. I means the turn-in takes few more fragments of a second to happen or the exit on power take few more fragments to bite the rears, and that is on 9 all-around. So i prefer to start with zero and add to one corner if needed.
    Well..enough for setup stuff... looks like the IDR is eventually great success :) 3300 drivers in the first 4days

17. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    From what I've seen of Austin he seems to know all the exploits, he made a video about it back when he was writing for PRC before he became friends with IB :eek: if I'm not mistake :cool:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  18. Magictap

Magictap Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
  19. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    (I don't even understand how you can be fast with Austin's setup. It feels so horribly understeery to me on throttle I *lost* time trying to use it, not gained.)

20. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    I wonder if these settings would work on the real car :confused::confused::confused::confused: