Fanatec General Discussion

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DomB, May 22, 2018.

1. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    thanks i wasnt sure. How would the two pedals compare to each other?...the fanatec pedals look to be all metal build.

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    The fanatec CSL elite LC pedals are probably the best mid level pedal available for the price, the load cell is a big advantage over cheaper pedals and they seem well built. Have a look at the review some racing garage did on them.

3. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
  4. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I looked at those too. The stock pedals obviously dont have the cell but was just looking to upgrade overall but not spend a fortune. Thats why i settled with the tmx for now, and maybe if i can later on upgrade to the TS-PC wheel.

overall i was just wanted find out before i bought the csl pedals and end up not working and having to return them.

5. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Ah yes, the standard elites don't have the load cell but can be upgraded later if you wish. If you are just racing on pc dont worry about using wheel and pedals from different brands as most are just usb connected.

The standard elites would still be a decent upgrade from the tmx pedals.

6. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I appreciate your help. Up until the last 2 years I haven’t had a wheel since Thrustmaster first started making wheels and played need for speed 2 back in the 90s.
    Now there are many different manufacturers that make wheels. Before the tmx I had the TM Ferrari spider 458 wheel which didn’t have ffb. Had that for just over a year and decided I wanted a ffb wheel but not break the bank ( 3 children make it hard to have any play money :D) which was why I decided on the tmx cause at the time I was still on Xbox.
    I was on pc before but when our first child was born I couldn’t afford to upgrade my pc so just got the xbox. Now that I’m in a better money situation I’m making a return to the good old pc gaming world again and gave my daughter the Xbox1.
    Currently I’m on the rebuild process and planning on getting Ryzen 2700k, 16gb 3200 speed ram, and GTX 1070

7. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Hi
    i have a problem with my P1 wheel (mounted on CSW V2). The inner pin of the wheelmounting broke the second time. First time i ordered a new spare part via fanatec support, was no issue (12€). That was 2 weeks ago. Today the same pin broke.

Is this a common issue with the P1 one wheel (or all wheels)?

I doubt that my FFB-strengh is too high. Today it broke with dirt rally 2, settings where ingame strength on 100 and 75 on the V2-base.

8. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Screenshot - 20_04.jpg
    Kind of a dumb question, but can somebody explain me what you are using 6 Paddles for?
    2 for up and down, 2 for this Clutchbitepoint thing.... and the last two for Throttle and Brake/handbrake ?
    Are there even Racecars out there with that amount of Paddles? xD

And another Question for @DomB :
    Are there any news you can tell us about the missing Porsche Rim and Podium Wheeladapter ?
    (I know that I am annoying, but this silence kills me xD)
    :)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  9. Virtual Apex

Virtual Apex Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I think having push to pass and DRS right at my finger tips, without having to take my hand off the wheel, is a great benefit. Something just as quick and easy as changing gears with the padels .

10. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Sure you can map what ever you want to that, but is there any real life car with that amount of paddels? :D

At 13:10 they show the paddels of the new Porsche GT3 2019, and they say in german that the upper paddels are for the clutch :D (by the way, this looks like a Fanatec DD1 or 2 directly behind that wheel xDD)
    I have that little feeling that Fanatec switched from producing that old porsche rim to maybe that new one right there.... and thats why we don't hear any news at all about that Porsche rim :D

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  11. Virtual Apex

Virtual Apex Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Lol, you are right none in real life, but no resets after a crash in real life ether. If a company wants to make something better for the users I will take it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    48C17076-EA5F-42EC-B0B1-5F586D100838.png
    When can we expect this wheel shown at 3:35?

13. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Right now ;) I can see it, because I preordered a DD1

14. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Here are the current hi-res pics of the
    CS SWFORM V2 19
    V2_19_Big_02-1000x666.jpg V2_19_Big_01-1000x666.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. SvenT

SvenT New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm weird,
    yesterday during the day the german online-shop showed up with the "on Stock" information for the Formula V2.
    So I waited until this morning and had again a look: still "on stock".
    Then I placed the order, payed and a few hours later the status changed back to "pre order" and availability on 15th may ?!?!?

Can anyone explain this?
    I fear that the status was wrong and that I have now payed for something that might be delivered in may, but if the number of pre-orders is higher than the delivered number of wheels Fanatec has my money and I have to wait for months....

Regards
    S.

16. DomB

DomB Fanatec

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    The Porsche and R300 rims should be available quite soon. The Podium Hub (previously referred to as a wheel adapter) will likely become available after the rims, but I can't give you a precise time estimate.

I'm not sure what happened there. I suggest contacting our sales team via the email address: webshop (at) fanatec (dot) com.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Virtual Apex

Virtual Apex Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hi Dom, is it just the rim that's coming soon as a full set with the new button box and universal hub or only the rim itself?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. SvenT

SvenT New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well that´s what I did 2 times now and I got no answer at all.

The good news is, that I really received my wheel yesterday, but the thing that makes me angry:
    One day after my purchase a bundle offer came up with F1 2019.
    But as no one fro Fanatec contacted me, I had no chance to change my oorder or do anything else.

I´m currently very unhappy with this...

S.

19. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    @DomB
    Is the clubSport quick release adapter black compatible with the CSl elite steering wheel Ps4? Thanks
    (It’s clear that the wheel base is)

https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/steer...clubsport-quick-release-adapter-black-eu.html

Compatibility
    Wheel Bases:

• ClubSport Wheel Base V2
      • ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
      • CSL Elite Wheel Base
      • CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4™
    Steering Wheels:

• CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3
      • Most of the upcoming Fanatec steering wheels
    ——————

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  20. FrenzKTM