Fanatec General Discussion

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DomB, May 22, 2018.

1. FrenzKTM

FrenzKTM New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Raceroom recognizes my Fanatec CSL Elite Base PS4 with Formula V2 steering wheel.
    Does anyone have a hint.

2. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    63DF328A-1130-4399-9AEA-013C8F838353.jpeg Hmmm...that’s has to be the quick release (?) shown in the Esports event ongoing now...

3. FrenzKTM

FrenzKTM New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No. It is the Elite Wheel P1

4. Virtual Apex

Virtual Apex Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I don't understand why an adapter wouldn't work in RaceRoom?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I must be confused - I have this on my Mclaren wheel and it works in raceroom.

Isn’t it a simple pass through? Why would this alter the behavior of anything it’s attached to?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. DomB

DomB Fanatec

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    No, the ClubSport Quick Release Adapter is not compatible with any version of the CSL 'P1' style steering wheel. This is because the Simplified Quick Release is designed as part of the rear casing of this wheel - it is not exchangeable. The exchangeable Simplified Quick Release design was introduced with the McLaren GT3 wheel (along with the CS QRA).

Indeed, I'm not sure what FrenzKTM means here.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Ensi Ferrum

Ensi Ferrum Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Got my ClubSport Lenkrad F1 2019 yesterday :)
    But in R3E the following is not recognized:
    • The right thumb encoder
    • The right toggle switch up
    Driver Version: 335 (with the official 334 the handbrake is not recognized)
    WB FW: 640
    SW FW: 27

Don't know if this is a R3E problem or a Fanatec problem.

8. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    It is known, R3E don't support these wheels or the Mcaren rim fully yyyyeeeeettttttttttttt, hopefully SOON.o_O

9. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Congrats. Any pics?
    Was about to pull the trigger on a v2 but waiting for the next major patch since it should hopefully include the latest fanatec sdk.

Fanatec SDK updates

We are spending time with our friends from Fanatec to implement their latest SDK and make use of nice features they offer on their hardware such as special switches or ability to show yellow flag warnings through the steering wheel LED's.”

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/may-2019-developer-notes.13174/

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/the-march-2019-developer-notes.12862/

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  10. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Want to buy the Formula One Rim but getting the message, that I have to check one of the special deals at checkout. So I can't proceed.
    Writing to the Shop team, but doesn't get an answer.

I think it's because I already ordered a wheel with the DD1 and the formula one deal.

But hey, I've wanted to spend some more dollars and can't.

11. Ensi Ferrum

Ensi Ferrum Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Pic?
    Just a moment ....
    [Sure, here it is: // need to find a place to upload a pic ..]
    Fanatec_F1-2019.jpg

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  12. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

can someone show me his in-game FFB setting for a Fanatec CSL-E?
    Thanks a lot.

13. Ensi Ferrum

Ensi Ferrum Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Attached Files:

14. PostBox981

PostBox981 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

yes, my first ever post on this forum and I come up with an issue. :) I have been searching the forum but get so many hits I could be reading for days until I probably get to exactly the same issue I am experiencing - or maybe not. So hope someone is willing to help me. Though R3E is not my go-to sim I bought some extra content and like to give it a spin every now and then.

Since a few weeks now my wheel (Fanatec CSW v2.5 with Forza Motorsport package) isn´t regocnised anymore, as well as my buttonbox (Derek Speare butonnbox). Inside the game it looks as they are both completely gone but in all other sims (PC2, AC, rF2) they work perfectly well. Entering the game it offers keyboard and mouse profiles only. Ticking the "search for devices" does exactly nothing. I remember a few weeks back on a Wednesday I took part in the Volkswagen E-car challenge and everything behaved normal, two days later the wheel was gone and never got back. This is what I tried already:

- Started in 32 and 64 bit version in pancake and in VR version.
    - Started the game first and the wheel afterwards (I usually do it the other way round).
    - I checked I am not registered to any Steam beta.
    - I checked file integrity.
    - I switched off Steam sync, renamed the UserData folder so the game created a new one.
    - I completely removed the Game and reinstalled.
    - Checked the SEN setting is at 900° (for some reaosn, I read that hint somewhere else)
    - Updated the Fanatec driver from 312 (which worked before) to 328, back to 312 and up again to 330 (beta?).
    - I went back to my older R3E-Folder (in Documents, I had renamed that to create a new one) which worked before and which contains my Fanatec CSW v2.5 profile. All controls that I formerly had assigned to my wheel and/or buttonbox are marked as "disconnected".

I ran out of ideas now. I originally planned to buy some more extensions like Nords but for the moment everything is on halt. Anybody having another idea? Any help would be highly appreciated. If exactly this has been asked before it would be great if somebody could be so nice as to push me into the right direction. Thanks.

Regards
    PostBox981

15. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Fanatec wants to deliver the DD1 on 14.6.
    This was Friday. No paket, no tracking mail, no information.
    That's uncool what they are doing. Waiting for months or weeks, paying immediately and no words from them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. DomB

DomB Fanatec

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    @PostBox981 This sounds like a RaceRoom-specific issue and/or something unique to your PC configuration. You are welcome to contact our support team, but they might not have the answers to this one... have you tried to contact Sector3 directly?

@FormelLMS Unfortunately we ran into some technical issues which resulted in some units not shipping on the 14th. We are trying to resolve this as quickly as possible - many more units are shipping today, and the full batch should be shipped by Wednesday. Apologies for the inconvenience.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. PostBox981

PostBox981 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I more or less excluded hardware issues as it worked well for a long time and it worked on a Wednesday and didn´t work anymore two days later without any changes to my hardware done. Might be I changed the Fanatec driver though, not sure anymore. That´s why I went back to 312 (to no avail). Will try to contact Sector 3 next. Thanks.

EDIT: Any suggestion of where to contact Sector 3 directly? :) Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  18. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    So @DomB why do we not have full support yet in Raceroom for the rims like the Mclaren and the new Formula rims which have the rotary dials, and we still have issues with the toggle switch, we're not getting answers for this..

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  19. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Will an update from CSL pedal setup with load cell brake pedal to the V3 pedal setup a good idea? or is the difference to small to trow in the money?
    To bad I can't test it somewhere.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  20. DomB

DomB Fanatec

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Sector3 have some contact info on their main site, but you could also try sending a PM to a staff member who is regularly on this forum.

This is something that is being worked on, I believe it has been operational in beta form for some time.

In terms of pedal layout, the CSL has an advantage in terms of the individual pedals being separately mountable. For all other aspects of the design, the ClubSport V3 pedals are superior, for instance the robustness of the materials, the adjustability and upgradeability (particularly of the brake pedal), and the use of Hall sensors on the throttle and clutch rather than potentiometers. Drivers who are 'fussy' about their pedal 'feel' will appreciate these differences... but I'll leave it to other members here to give their own impressions. I suggest asking this question in other sim racing communities too.

• Like Like x 1