Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. leillo1975

leillo1975 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I don't agree, but it's your opinion. Others prefer not to have to pay for a license for an OS that spies on us and restricts our freedom to modify it to our liking. Of course, having to switch to run a couple of games is also quite annoying.

If you want, I recently write a post on reddit about the current situation of SimRacing on Linux:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/ble2xg/current_state_of_simracing_in_linux/

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  2. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    And how is the general force feedback support on Linux? What about third party tools like Fanaleds, CrewChief or SimDash?

3. leillo1975

leillo1975 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Force Feedback in Linux works only on Logitech Wheels. In some Codemasters titles like F1 2017 and DIRT 4 some wheels and pedals from Fanatec work. About Fanaleds, CrewChief or SimDash I don't have any notice.
    I suppose that this support would come when in Linux you have more support for games. Is the snake biting its own tail.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    That's sad to hear. :(
    I use GIMX to emulate a G27 wheel and play all sorts of arcade racers like Need for Speed Underground 2 with a direct drive wheel. GIMX is available for Linux too so it could be possible to use any wheel with Linux.

Yeah, I thought the same.

• Like Like x 1
  5. leillo1975

leillo1975 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    With this harware you can connect any wheel to your PC and it was detected as G27?

6. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    @leillo1975
    Basically, it looks like this:
    [​IMG]

I use WIndows 10 on both computers but I read on the GIMX support forums you can even use a Raspberry Pi for the 2nd computer. The output of the GIMX adapter is seen as a G27 wheel on the main computer that's why I assume it could work with Linux. :)

I tested it with Gran Turismo 3 and a bunch of other racing games on a PlayStation 2 emulator and believe it or not but even this works with a direct drive wheel. The console thinks it's just a G27. :D

Attached Files:

7. leillo1975

leillo1975 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    You have Force Feedback in your cockpit when you use this adapter?

8. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, force feedback works with full force and latency/input lag doesn't increase.

9. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Better brakemarkers for Turn 2 at Chang
    Skidding sound louder Audi V8 DTM
    General sound louder Opel Omega DTM

10. DustySticks

DustySticks Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    You're asking a small studio to support an OS that not even 1% of the market has. That's your prerogative to use Linux if you refuse to buy into Windows, but you have to also understand that from a small business standpoint it isn't a benficial or probably financially viable for Sector3 to develop support for an OS that realistically speaking almost no one uses.

• Agree Agree x 7
  11. leillo1975

leillo1975 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I understand that it's expensive to develop a native version of a game, especially for a small business, but there's always the possibility of making it easier to run with compatibility tools like Proton or Wine... that costs rather little.
    Anyway, you should know that seems that the developers have not refused as long as someone is in charge of the project.

12. DustySticks

DustySticks Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    If it is as easy as you said it should be, then it would probably already be a reality. The fact is developing for Lynix is not easy and the market size in an already niche market is not worth wasting resouces on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    For WTCR: the option in the pit menu to swap rear- and front-tyres. I´ve seen today that they do this in order to get heat into the rear tyres.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. dene

dene Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Race weekend customization in the single event and championship. It would be nice to adjust qualys and races according to real series. Possibility to add third race at race weekend and also different number of laps for each race in championship.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Husker

Husker Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure it's been mentioned already but i'm not going to go through 62 pages to find out... I'd like to see a hybrid system implemented along with some hybrid lmp1 cars. Yes i know the lmp1's are changing soon but i'd love to have a good 3 or 4 different lmp1 hybrids in game so we can emulate the awesome battles between Audi and Peugeot or Toyota and Porsche.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    In Replay, onboard a camera window showing the player´s pedals/"feet" to see the "input" (clutch, brakes, power).

• Like Like x 2
  17. BreadedVirus

BreadedVirus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Day/night transition, changes in weather would be great.....

Night racing on RACEROOM would be absolutely phenomenal...don’t forget to turn on the lights.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  18. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I think having full course cautions would be a nice addition. Not sure it would be feasible for multiplayer, but for offline races I think would be interesting feature if it were to be implemented that can be turned on or off

• Like Like x 2
  19. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    ability to adjust AI difficulty while in a race. Dont know if this feasible but would be great

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    There is something useless in RRRE:

Dampfrad.jpg

My selfmade boost controller. Works fine in AC or AMS, but not RRRE. Can we please have adjustable turbo pressure for Gr.C or Gr.5 cars?

• Like Like x 2