Discontinued Zeroforce Racing HUD - Last beta version 0.9.9 released

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Jens W. Fiedler, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Wutzmann

Wutzmann Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hab da noch etwas,

einmal die Meldungen von ungültigen Runden die nicht verschwinden und die Anzeige gefahrener Runden die teils verdeckt ist.

[​IMG]

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. Jens W. Fiedler

Jens W. Fiedler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Hallo Wutzmann,
    Vielen Dank für die Info. Es wird morgen aller Vorraussicht nach eine neue Version geben. Da werden ich deine Anmerkung noch mit aufnehmen

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wutzmann

Wutzmann Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Da fällt mir noch ein, es wäre klasse wenn du noch die Einblendung vom Pflichtboxenstopp mit aufnehmen würdest. Also die Anzeige wie lange die Box noch offen ist für den Pflichtstopp.

4. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Mann (Jens), da fahren wir zusammen bei VR, ich seh hier dauernd "Zeroforce" aber krieg die Kurve nicht :rolleyes:....gerade erst realisiert und direkt mal runtergeladen...*hust*

Nice job m8 !

5. Jens W. Fiedler

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    @ Andre: ;)

Hi together,
    the problem with Windows7 is a bit more tricky than I though it would be :rolleyes:. I´m on it, but it will take a bit more testing to get a clean solution. You will get a new version with a fix of that issue as soon as possible.

Thanks to all of you

6. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    No problem Jens, when your ready..;)

7. Jens W. Fiedler

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    A short update on the progress of the "windows 7" issue, just to keep you informed: the problem is more complex than I expected. I didnt manage to manipulate the z-order of the windows in windows 7 with .net. Yesterday I started to write some c++ code to get deal with it but with no success till now.

Workaround till I have a solution:
    If you change the display mode ingame to "window without frame" (or similar, Im using the german version of the game) the HUD works fine. Maybe some of you can live with that for a short period.

Thanks and regards

8. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yeh I did do that when I came across the problem, but for some reason it has a massive fps hit that way, like 100fps loss so can't use that method, will just have to wait to see if your able to sort it, thanks for the update..;)

9. Jokki

Jokki New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    Today i found this this awesome hud, i need it in RR :)

I'm using win 10 and 64bit game
    Hud - clean install at 0.9.5 version

My problem is, tyre temperature dont work, but other, break temperature, rpm, brake, gas, tire pressure looks like good

Im happy for any idea and thanks for your job!

10. Jens W. Fiedler

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Hi Jokki,

with wich kind of car you testet the tire temperatur? I think the problem is that in Version 0.9.5 the new temperature range that was added by sector3 isn´t still used. In the next Version the temperature range will be used. To explain it bit more:
    In version 0.9.5 the tire temp is optimized for GT3 cars. In the old version of the raceroom api there was only a value for the tire temperatur, but not an indicator what the max temperature is for that type of car (slower cars with minimum downforce will never get as high temperatures as fast cars with much downforce)
    So I decided to define 95°C as the highest temperature a tire can get. It is fine for GT3 cars, but DTM tires for example start at an temperature of 92°C and they reach temperatures far over 110°C. So in Version 0.9.5 an DTM tire is always hot.

It will be fixed in the next release.

11. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    What i have noticed from the Cold/Optimum/Hot temperatures in the API is, that they are different for each tire type
    Means, the optimum value set in that property is changing accordingly to the tire type.

I have no problems using them at the moment for all the Car Classes i drive, works a charm.

Moo,
    Otter

12. Kris

Kris New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    i have a problem with my Zeroforce Hud.
    I have followed your instruction but the hud doesn't appaer in the game while i am driving.
    Is there any solution?Thanks
    * i am using windows 7 64bit*

13. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    It's a known problem Kris, Jens is working on it..soon be fixed hopefully.

14. Kris

Kris New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Icic,thanks

15. Janos Modos

Janos Modos New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    First of all, I'm using your HUD since the first version released and it's awesome, great job, but I've got some suggestions :).

I want to turn off the lap progression delta only, but I want to use delta, because the lap progression is unuseful after a pit stop. You can see it on the attached picture.
    [​IMG]

The ingame hud disable option is not working for me after every raceroom patch.

I think you can improve the standings with theese features (if it possible :p ). I really need to see the other categories in standings in multiclass races. The default in game HUD didn't show it too, but if I remember correctly the web hud can show it, so I think it's possible to do :) I want to see lapped cars and when somebody lapping me too. It will be very very helpful in long races, like VLN. I think many people will be happy with theese features. It's called relative, so this is an idea of a new widget. Iracing's hud is a good example. You know everything from relative what is happening on the track and you can see the standings, in another page.

These images will help to understand what I suggest :) I think this is the best practice to show every info for the driver.
    Standings:
    [​IMG]
    I'm using it on the left top corner in iRacing (that's not the default HUD).

Relative:
    [​IMG]
    I'm using it on the left bottom corner in iR (it's not the game's default HUD too).
    I know it's hard to develop, so it's just an idea from me :)

Somethimes the lap counter didn't works correctly. Here is an example. The time is up and I finished in 10/11 lap.

Only one more thing :) Can you make a driving wheel indicator widget, like the throttle and brake pedal?

I hope, I can help your develop with these ideas and feedbacks :) . Thanks a lot! Keep up your good work. Your HUD is the best for RR.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: May 17, 2019
  16. Divebomb69

Divebomb69 Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I just want to report some problems that I had when I was playing against the AI, the lap counter does not restart when the race restarted, and with the 2016 dtm the temperature of the wheels did not go down, all the time they were extremely hot (I do not know if it is normal I also saw it with the frx)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jens W. Fiedler

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    @Divebomb69 : These two bugs are already fixed and will be shipped with the next update

@Janos Modos: Thanks for your amazing feedback. I love the iracing relatives too and think I will add something like this to the next version. All the other whishes will be available in one of the next versions.

@Gopher04 and all the people using win7: unfortunately I have to say that after two weeks of research I wasn´t able to find a good solution for Windows7. If you want to overlay a OpenGL or DirectX application in windows7 you have to render your own app with DirectX or OpenGL. I managed to write some little test code that showed some simple control on top of raceroom on Windows7. But if I use this solution I have to write every single widget again to render it through the second interface. Unfortunately I don´t have the time to do this at the moment.
    What I did: If you are on Windows7 raceroom is now started in frameless window mode. With this workaround Windows7 users are able to use the HUD. Some of you told of some performance issues on win7 and frameless window mode. Please let me know of your experience

The next version (first release 1.0.0) will be availabel next weekend.

Thanks and regards.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
  18. LB-Sérgio

LB-Sérgio New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi. Install the HUD today and feels great! Thank you for being working so beatifuly on it!!
    Im facing some problems with my mouse cursor.
    1-My mouse is disappearing, other times just glitch
    2-When click down of the screen with the mouse, IN-game , the game just minimize and give me the desktop screen
    3- alt+e when click on the configuration painel my screen just goes for desktop screen but that time the HUD stays visible
    4-Cant capture the HUD on a video or photo
    5-Is not saving my logo after restar the HUD app

Glad have ive found that treath. Cheers.

19. Jens W. Fiedler

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Hi Sergio,

Thanks for your feedback. The issues with the Mousse you are describing are fixed and will be shipped with next version.

To capture the HUD on a Video you have to change the capturing mode from "game" to "screen capture" cause the game and the HUD are to different application. Im using OBS for capturing.

Regards

Jens

20. Janos Modos

Janos Modos New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hey!
    I've found a little bug yesterday. I can't turn off the Lap and Timing counter widget. In the config xml it will be false, but nothing happens.