Special Events - 2019 Archive

Discussion in 'Special Events' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, Nov 4, 2018.

1. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    @ravey1981 I was in that session as well. Misjudged the break between qualifying and the race so started from pit lane, 8 seconds behind. Then I realized I only had a few laps of fuel so made a pit stop and dropped another 45 seconds. Then made the mandatory tire stop and still finished 5th, after all it is endurance racing, never a dull moment.

• Like Like x 2
  2. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    First of all many thanks to Robert (and staff) for his efforts and a nicely moderated stream & event (and apologies for some enthusiastic blahblah via pm btw :rolleyes:.... )
    What a nice event (series)& also a good opportunity to introduce RRE and the RRE Community to a wider audience: Drivers from all over the world, fresh faces,various cars and tracks, multiclass events , you don't need to be superhuman (but kinda bulletproof - in race terms) to get into the upper Grid .....love that stuff !
    As for the attendance in general : Another collegue from Virtualracing was on GT4 , Server 2 and chatting via TS, he actually was quiet surprised he made it into the Grid, setting his LB time "just for fun", means he even didn't expect to get there anyway (as this is the e-sport section of the forum, I assume :) ) and I bet he wasn't the only one. Guess the "Special Events" Section needs a little more emphasis on the community aspect of it.
    About the race :
    Aiming for Server 1, I joined the competition just lately and as time was running out I couldn't set a proper LB time. And being a midfield-sim-veteran with chances for a Top 10 position at best, Grid 1 instead would have been a tough challenge even to keep up the pace.
    Nonetheless it pleases the ego to win a race from pole to finish line :) on S2 and was also a good experience how to control it via the distance - I was well prepared and confident (after all settled down slowly) - quiet a while since I had that feeling....
    Sadly my toughest opponent chasing me about 40 mins crashed and fell way behind. He really gave all and I never could feel safe up to that moment.
    All in all very smooth and respectful racing, thx to all fellow racers ;)

As one of a next event I would like something GTR1 or 2ish or better both :D (latest physics btw.) - maybe England, Silverstone, Historic Layout ?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  3. KOKORO ga PYONPYON

KOKORO ga PYONPYON Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -0
    Server2 GT3class Entry
    Good Race All thx all driver and Sector3

also looking forward to being able to do wonderful "experience and Esports" with everyone next.

4. Der Kiebitz

Der Kiebitz Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the nice evening!
    Was surprised that I made It into the second GT4 grid (with my laptime...) .
    Then fair racing and overtaking by the faster class cars. Enjoyed it!
    See you next time on track!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Thanks all for driving!
    I was really happy to see the very fair driving in both servers that I watched!
    Of course there were still a lot of empty places. For Server 6 I didn't even find a result :D But I think it's more an incentive now for us to think, how can we make the sign up procedure more effective?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Make the contribution a bit higher to make sure that everyone think twice before enter the leaderboard and don't come at the race.
    And maybe some little prices (including random prices for only all who finishing the race)

7. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    I was thinking of something similar, except rewarding finishing the race for those that would otherwise quit because of frustration may cause even larger issues. We have all experienced poor sportsmanship in one form or another and although I do not like to see people quit I would rather have them leave than stick around and cause frustration for those just looking for an enjoyable experience no matter where they finish.
    Short of implementing an iRacing type rating system, which I am not a fan of because it penalizes indiscriminately as to the crash-er and crash-ie.
    I do think a nominal token, such as a livery of choice, if you complete the race on the lead lap might be enough to get some to stick around. Or perhaps on your home page a stat of races entered vs races completed on lead lap might be enough.

8. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    @KOKORO ga PYONPYON
    That was tough - passed you with the GT4 when there was that incident with Wolters first lap but you didn't give up. Well, what to do else 3 o'clock in the morning (your time) ? ;)

9. martin.pater

martin.pater Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Was really good racing in server 4, but a bit of a shame that only 15 people attended and that they al where from the GTR3 class. So it wasn't really a multi-class race.
    Maybe an e-mail return from the people to say if they join or not will make sense, so the admins can make the servers more equel and really multi-class

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    This is the system we use in the other esports series. I was hoping to avoid it here since it causes a lot of extra steps but next time we will use it. Maybe one day things can be automated!

• Like Like x 1
  11. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Guessed that, unfortunately the 2€ solution didn't work out and to charge more would also be of no benefit.On the other hand with email notifications you would have more oversight to adapt (participants/number of servers a.s.o.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    We received one incident report at the Bathurst race:

Shaposhnik vs. Antonov, L2, T4
    Antonov gets a better exit in turn 4 and pushes the rear of Shaposhnik. He does not let go, but instead keeps pushing and even hits the outside wall. Shaposhnik spins and gets big damage.

20 second penalty - Kirill Antonov

Updated: http://game.raceroom.com/championships/23#results_round

13. Suione/Remo[GER]

Suione/Remo[GER] New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Supplement: I noticed you wondered why I only qualified for server 2, even though I got the pace for it (I even got the fastest laptime over all servers). I first wanted to choose the Audi R8 LMS, so I put my laptimes with it on the leaderboard. Then I had not much more time, so I stopped. After qualification phase I decided to switch to the Corvette. Then I became 1.5 seconds faster. The rest was what you saw on the stream. I was sad about that as well, but I thought: well better drive then not drive.

14. Kalen

Kalen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everybody. The race was very fun and it was good to compete with people all over the world. The multi-class racing was cool but sometimes the faster GT3 cars were not careful when passing even when I moved off the racing line. Or sometimes they tried to pass at really bad places. It was fun staying up until 4 oclock in the morning to race (we live in Singapore right now) and I hope I get to stay up to do more races soon. The best part was watching the replay of the live stream, Jardier's stream, and Georg's stream. BTW Server 1 had a lot of people in both classes but there were some people missing. And then others left during the race.
    I hope to race with everyone again soon!

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. samjes07

samjes07 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hope this will be just a start for something more to come

16. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    The next special event takes you back to the late 80s and early 90s!

[​IMG]

We will race multiclass, with Group C, GTO and Porsche 964 for 2 hours on Road America! As usual, everyone who participates in the time attack can race, and we will have a live stream. The race takes place on Saturday, 25. May, at a hopefully EU and US-friendly time. Join it here!

• Like Like x 2
  17. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Oh great, another one ;)....guess GTO would be my choice this time.

18. Giannis Christod

Giannis Christod Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    May I ask the reason there is a 200vrp entry fee? Is there going to be a prize pool?

19. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    AFAIK its to encourage people who enter to actually turn up to the race. Since there is no automated matching system in RR servers have to be set up manually and invites sent out. If people don't turn up it means small grids as there is no way to rematch on the fly....

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    ...plus it probably/hopefully also keeps away (most) wreckers. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1