App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Still love the app. No racegame without it.. as said many times before, wonderfull job mr_belowski :D

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    When i move from one game to another, my private crew chief always go with me. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Second that. For all the racegames I have, mr_belowski is always my spotter. I really miss him when I forget to start the app. The game sounds silent without his screaming about my bad result after a race. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I have the female spotter, she whispers in my ear ;-), all Mr Belowski does is call me a twat!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Zoltaaaan

Zoltaaaan New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yes exactly. I don't want to be too demanding, since I really appreciate the work you put in.
    But would it be possible, to do this, as you say, quick and easy adaption and release it. It would be a bit sad, if it would not work until you implemented all the fancy new stuff.

6. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure it's already done long time ago and waiting for the game to update. If Jim released the update now it would break CC with current shared memory.

7. Nessa Revane

Nessa Revane Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    @Georg Ortner his Stream crewchief worked, i try the New Overlay also today and started crewchief no calls.

Am I right with my oppinion that was a betaBuild what George used in Stream and we get an Update soon?

We Need to wait only on a AutoUpdate or Need then download a New Version, because of the New Shared-Memory-APIs @mr_belowski?

8. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I released the update an hour ago - restart the app and it'll prompt you to uodate

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Zoltaaaan

Zoltaaaan New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Why am I so happy that this weekend that Jim guy will be telling me intensly to stay on track again?

Cheers, mate!

10. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Where do I install this?

11. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Wherever you like but by default it wil be installed on your c drive.

12. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much.

13. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Does it affect the Framerate?

14. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Not really - we spent ages making it as lightweight as we could. It uses a fair bit of ram - half a gig or so, but it's cpu use is very low

15. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Okay!Thank you.
    Will try it tomorrow,got more time then to understand the settings.
    DC

16. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    A feature I've quite liked in the past is 'read corners' where CrewChief tells you the names of corners - it's great for learning tracks.

In the last update (or so) it seems to have stopped working (both in R3E and AC). CrewChief responds to the request with silence (rather than something like 'can't hear you') and doesn't read them out any more.

It's still on the list of CrewChief 'commands' so I'm wondering if something broke it?

(It'd also be good if CC would keep reading corners until told to stop rather than stopping at end of lap as it used to. Minor thing though.)

EDIT - fixed now - thank you

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  17. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Late to the party but that team radio looks legit
    nice stuff :)

[​IMG]R3E_HUD1 by M-Bimmer, on Flickr

18. Torned The Bullet

Torned The Bullet Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Is it possible to have a warning from Crewchief when there is an accident involving more than 3 or 4 cars, a Big crash ?

19. silvanob2

silvanob2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Hello mr B,
    i got confirmed that some changes been made to API. unfortunatly my software prog is discontinued so the only hope is @mr_belowski who has allready patched R3E few times due to Sector3 good ideas to make some changes of course for the better, unfortunatly some driver in RaceRoom have to suffer from that.
    @mr_belowski if you got some time, would be great but no pressure, only if you have time and want to help our little community of motion rig owners ;)

Thanks in advance
    Silvano

EDIT i post this message here because i think you dont see it on the main page in the community support.

20. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    @mr_belowski I am having some issues with push to talk in crew chief. I prefer the press and release method. I press the button, get the beep, but nothing is heard by CC. Looking at the running log in the app it seems like the channel is being opened but then immediately closed before I get chance to speak.... Mic is working fine and indeed if I set CC to have voice recognition always on it works just fine.

It may be related to the wheel I am using which has a custom button box with a cheap eBay usb encoder inside, but that said, all other button presses work correctly both within raceroom and via simhub etc.