So what else are ya playin?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dave R, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I haven't played much of anything new. If I am not on Race Room, then I might be playing Borderlands 2, Street Fighter 30th Anniversary, Sega's Genesis/Mega Drive collection, or dabbling in the Witcher 3.

2. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    The Evil Within

3. Saunuolis77

Saunuolis77 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    RAGE 2!!! Not for the narrative, not for the open-world, not for the single-layered antagonist, but for that non-stop neo-punk wasteland's Superman action with no kryptonite on sight. You are the UNSTOPPABLE BEAST, you SMASH, you DASH, and you mechanically FUS RO DAH everyone wherever you go - this is the only part about this game that I like, but quite the whole game is about mashing your enemies into potato salad, so I dig it xD

4. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Playing through Kingdom Come: Deliverance again. Almost completed it when it was released, but haven't played for a year and decided to start from scratch since it's in far better condition than it was back then. Great game if you can forgive it's foibles, and I really enjoy the combat system.

5. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Silent Hunter 5 when I want to goo deep on history and BFV for more casual play...

6. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    Mad Max

7. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Rf2, ACC, AC, BF5, Ghost recon Wildlands & shadow of the TR

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  8. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    The trouble with acronyms is that the people reading your post may have no idea what you're talking about. Like me. :p BFV? TR?

9. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Battlefield V and Tomb Raider ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Fallout 4. I've only just started playing it. Not sure why I waited so long. I downloaded it from Game Pass. Pure Crack!

11. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Fallout is great indeed. Had a great time with it..

• Like Like x 1
  12. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Started playing Fallout 4 in VR some time ago which was amazing, but it's suuuuch a big game and standing up all the time gets bloody tiring! :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Bauer

Bauer Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    American Truck Simulator, X-COM: Enemy Unknown and TF2

14. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
  15. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    UBoat isn't really a successor to Silent Hunter because it's a completely different style of game. Silent Hunter is supposed to be a sim where you play as the captain, leaving most of the u-boat functions to your crew while you take on the important business of tactics and torpedoing things. U-Boat is supposed to be more of a "life sim" based in a u-boat where you directly control all of the officers, and have to take care of all aspects of the boat from engineering to torpedoing to moral to food supplies. You could almost call it a management game. I think it needs to be recognised as such because anyone going in wanting a more modern SH game will be very disappointed. But judged on it's own merits, it's looking very promising and is quite enjoyable... even in it's current bare-bones, bug-filled early access state.

16. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    @Patrick Schilhan @Goffik since we are going deep on topic (I did it again)...

Wolfpack looks promising but since I am not ENG native would be difficult for me, also requires a lot of time so not casual friendly (SH you can save mid mission).

U-Boot looks good, but as stated by Goffik it is more about crew management (there is a table game too).

My favourite title were SH3/4, would be awesome to see a remaster with new features added taken from mod packs...

Another title I love to play is Homeworld 2, the remaster is sublime...

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  17. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Indeed, Wolfpack definitely looks and sounds very good. The problem I have though is that I simply don't know anybody else that would be even remotely interested in crewing a u-boat with me, so the bots they add would have to be very good. Unfortunately I can't help thinking of Star Trek: Bridge Crew, which was very dull and lifeless in singleplayer. The other problem is time, given that there is no time compression. It could literally take hours and hours to sneak around a convoy setting up attack runs and then escaping, to say nothing of the stealthy approach. Who has that amount of time these days? Sounds like you'd need a day at least for a good session!

Loved SH 3/4 as well. Horrendously bugged pieces of crap really, but made playable and vastly improved by the amazing community. I'd love to see someone other than Ubisoft make a game like that, and give it the time and love it deserves.

18. fufsgfen

fufsgfen Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I did got Automobilista, with MX-5 mod and some addon tracks that is pretty nice, racing with AI was much better than racing with AI in Assetto Corsa which is not fun experience at all.

rFactor 2 I don't have even installed right now, it is taking quite bit of space and slow to install, then all the adjusting and fixing and stuff, but sometimes I try that too, then see it collecting dust on disk and uninstall.

I do play even Project Cars at times, shame on me, but AI on that is not crashing so much into you, but boy that car handling is weird in it. Pretty much only car I play is Scion.

Then I get some moments with Dirt Rally, but cars drive really weird in that too, stages are really nice though, so I can tolerate it only rarely and short time at once only.

BeamNG.Drive I play something around 20-40 hours a week, sometimes more, sometimes less, building stuff takes time and all that, probably close to 10 hours a week I try to help others to play and build stuff for it. What can I say, softbody physics will be a thing some day.
    I guess Blender etc. does not count, which I practice for content creating purposes, but it kind of belongs to above.

Too many hours in OpenTTD, that I try not to open, because then it will be morning of new day almost instantly.

Only 51 hours on Divinity Original Sin 2, it gets annoying at later parts and haven't got inspiration to start over yet.

King's Bounty games at times, not really sure why, but I guess same reasons I play ETS2 at times :D

Also several Pinball games I play when I have time to focus on those.

I usually get stuff during sale, so I have some 150 games which not all I have played yet, like Freespace 2 which I setup with all remastered user made content etc. but have not got around to play it, that is because when I start that it will be quite a while until I return to this world back again :rolleyes:

19. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I find that Automobilista's AI Is the only racing game AI that doesn't give me a headache. I don't really play the driving games anymore because of it. If I ever have time to online race again, I'll be very happy.

• Like Like x 1
  20. BreadedVirus

BreadedVirus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Farming Simulator 19