News May 2019 - Developer notes

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, May 14, 2019.

1. [weichenschleicher]

[weichenschleicher] Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Can't wait to see the 2019 WTCR cars :hearteyes:

Rain, we need Rain :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
  2. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    May 2019 - community Wishlist and notes thread

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 5
  3. Trickle

Trickle Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Actually at least 1 or 2 different cars in Safety / Pace Car Design with a light bar and strobes would help so much, in Multiplayer races formation laps and SC phases could be done manually.

Additionally, with the new webHUD features and maybe some implementation into the standard HUD it is possible for the race stewards to give out SC and Code60 phases visible to all drivers @J-F Chardon - maybe an idea while you are already at the additional dedicated stewart features? :)

4. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    I never got what youd need a sc or code60 or whatever for in simracing. The tracks always clear a few seconds after an incident so why would i wanna spend the next 5 minutes crawling around the track for no apparent reason?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    It's helpful for turn 1 pileups so damaged cars can pit on lap 1 and not lose too much time.

6. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Meh :D while i cant disagree that those people would profit im not sure how many of those actually exist. On public servers most people rage quit after an accident anyways even if damage isnt enabled and in leagues there shouldnt be a whole lot of pile ups (correct me if im wrong on that :D)

7. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Full agree. FCY in RF2 is imho a pain

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    I can see why people would dislike the concept though. 1 or 2 people causing an incident shouldn't ruin the fun for the rest of the grid. Having watched some parts of an Indy 500 iracing stream today, the majority of what I saw was behind a safety car.
    I guess the vast majority of simracers want a full on race from start to finish with no pauses.

9. Trickle

Trickle Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Well it would mostly be used in leagues and with the rumoured changes to damage states like suspension damages, debris on the track, punctures and flat tyres, code yellow, safety car and code60 maybe become interesting.

And in the long run: Many people do like as much realism as possible in the own living room.
    In that comparison the R3E on-stage-events are kind of a bummer with no tyre wear, fuel, damage, and so on.

But as they announced, live steward, new damage states, etc. - then this all may come in handy. :)

10. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    I wouldnt mind a pause in general (at least for longer races) but if theres no real reason to have one then i dont wanna have one either :D
    Then the track wouldnt be "clear" right away and sc etc do make a bit more sense. But then i want animated marshalls getting the debris off the track as well ;)
    Well in the current state driving around behind a sc for no reason or to let damaged cars catch up is in no way realistic. With a new damage model that might change tho as you said
    And id be surprised if the on stage events are run without fuel, tire wear and so on but maybe @Robert Wiesenmüller can clarify that :D

11. Aspius

Aspius Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    In our virtual races the safety car only have one purpose. That is to bunch the field up again. On a road course you can live without it but on ovals it's pretty much a must have.

Ovals usually have very high speeds and low laptimes so when an incident happens, if you are on the correct side you can just keep going at full pace. If you are on the wrong side of the incident, you would usually slow down for it. This would result in loosing a massive amount of time against those on the correct side. Without a safety car to bunch the cars up again, your only choice for trying to remain competitive is to run at full speed through the incident and hope you get through.

12. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Sounds reasonably reasonable but the number of ovals in r3e is somewhat limited :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Does this incur a FPS hit tho?
    I've stopped using the 3rd part overlays due to the FPS hit :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    So far I haven't experienced any performance hit with this, and I don't use webHUD for the same reason as you.

15. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I have already moved and resized both virtual mirror and the input meter.... I assume the new method will be via GUI rather than editing the HUD file though?

16. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It's an M1, the wrong spec, but hell..... Have a listen anyway....

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
  17. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    Join us for a special video premiere in half an hour on

• Love it! Love it! x 16
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2