In-Gameplay Web Overlays

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by J-F Chardon, Apr 4, 2019.

1. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    First time to notice “this lap won’t count” displayed twice...any way to turn off the built in one (if I could call it that) from somewhere?
    [​IMG]R3E_HUD2_ by M-Bimmer, on Flickr

2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    The larger message is R3E's own message system, which is not part of the WebHUD. It cannot be turned off. The smaller one is the WebHUD version of the same app, which can be turned off in the WebHUD options. I think it's called "Race Info" or something.

3. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Would have liked to only use Web HUD...(hopefully there’s a workaround in the future)

4. Trickle

Trickle Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Refering to J-F's May Update Thread there will be the possibility to adjust the ingame HUD in the next game update.
    Let's hope that includes a Hide-Option. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    There might be a kind of workaround until the in-game HUD updates are released. I think the race info box can be moved around and resized using the HUD Manager. Perhaps you could move it to one far corner out of the way, and make it really tiny so you barely even see the messages popping up?

6. St54Kevin

St54Kevin New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Im getting a System.NullReferenceException error message when starting the dash.exe
    upload_2019-5-20_12-29-18.png

7. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    I briefly thought that the message had appeared on my screen, and I pressed OK...

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Tried a new custom HUD yesterday and run into the same frustrating problem.
    @Sector3: How can i backup my custom layout?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Nessa Revane

Nessa Revane Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    Something is Wrong ...

i get all time the Message "Restored UI" i do nothing before just started as all time since 2 Days it is broken!

dash.exe says "Memory Mapped Successfully"

But Ontrack:
    Nothing works exept the Crew Chief Activation .... but thats not really helpfully like the Spotter etc.

I Try now a Complete Reinstalation of Raceroom, SRS and Dash.exe .... i will Edit this posting.

10. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    If you are using CrewChief then you don't need to use dash.exe. Go into the CC properties, select R3E as the filter, and enable WebHUD integration. Now CC will act as dash.exe.

11. Nessa Revane

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    Same Problem okay ... CC works as Dash.exe but it shows again only "Restored UI" and same problem as on dash.exe

I make a short not commentated Video to show what i mean .... i activate the Raceroom own "Input Meter" to check may this wont grabbed but it works ... Also the Tires Widget dont shows any Dirt (Red Lines) on Tires no change of temp on the widget

As i said i reinstalled the whole Game also Crew Chief ... same Problems ... its frustrating -.-

12. Trickle

Trickle Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Did you try Shift+Space for unpausing the UI? To me it looks, like it is paused - that was my issue when it stopped working - and now it does again. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Nessa Revane

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    Ooooof, okay that was the Point ... we all never learn out :D Thanks @Trickle

14. Roman TRT

Roman TRT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    when we see this Overlays in the game itself?

15. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Whenever you enable it, it's been in since the last patch. The instructions to get it working were linked to in the first post.

16. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    I guess what he meant was when are we gonna get in the game without having to download and start other stuff

17. Roman TRT

Roman TRT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    That's right, I would like to see all this in the official version of the game, without installing and running any applications.
    I understand these overlays are not from the developers of RR?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Didnt know i spoke russian :D
    Well the r3e devs introduced this webhud possibility a couple of patches ago and the one on the first page of this thread was published by them to show how things could look and what sorta things you could implement. From there on everybody else was free to do their own versions to put into whatever they desired

19. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Oh ok, my bad. But to be honest, is there any need to put all this in the game now? I know they are working on the in-game menus and HUD right now, but I'd be surprised if they include all of the apps that are possible with the WebHUD. You don't actually install anything to use this feature either, so it's hardly a bother. If you use CrewChief then it's even less since it's integrated already.

20. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Well you do need to find the file first, download it, download something to unzip it if you dont have anything, put the stuff in the steam launch options and start the dash.exe every time you want to use it. So i wouldnt say its anywhere near as little work for the consumer as if it were simply in the game and thats it. Plus maybe it wouldnt cause performance issues if it were in the game itself. But i too would be surprised if it got moved into the core game any time soon