Telemetry SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Grimmi

Grimmi New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Only direct Practice in the main menu. Maybe the ghost car. I try without ghost car.

2. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    ah ok I'll turn off the ghost car and try again then!

3. Grimmi

Grimmi New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for help, turned off the ghost car, everything is ok, all laps logged.

4. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Same here, all working well. Thank you.

5. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for the annoyance, I was thinking about how to distinguish between the ghost car and the player, but so far I wasn't able to figure it out :-/

6. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    No problem at all. Maybe we can do something at our end to help?

I have a suggestion for the suspension velocity histogram. Currently we have the option to change the range, which sets maximum:
    [​IMG]
    It would also be very useful to be able to set the minimum as well. So that we can look at say the 100-200mm/s range separately to the low speed range.

7. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Well, the simpliest solution looks to be naming it differently than the player, maybe with a "Ghost" suffix. But I don't know how complicated that might be, or how that would work with other languages :D

And, yes, that can be done rather simply. I just didn't thought thay having asymetric view to have use :) I'll add that in the next version. Also on the todo list is the ability to specify boundary between low and high suspension velocity. With separate % and average calculations.

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  8. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    I will reply here, so we don't derail the other topic.
    A virtual pitboard is actually a good area. The gap is something that still the player needs to fully look upon, and he also needs to remember the previous value to know what is the trend.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  9. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    New version is out, with the requested suspension velocity histogram changes :)
    • Suspension Velocity Histogram: It is now possible to specify both the minimum and maximum velocity for the histogram
    • Lat/Long Acc Scatter plot Chart made symmetric, with the range automatically rounded to the next whole number.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  10. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, that´s a very informative app! How do I make the single graphs bigger in tel.viewer?

11. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    You can drag the border that is below each graph.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I know it is frowned about here to use driving assists, but for newbie drivers maybe interesting to see assist deployment (ABS, Traction Controll, Stability Control). I just did some testing if without traction control it is faster (it is, but not so easy to control) but would be nice to see if the time difference was due to traction control.

13. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Top tip: while TC off is ultimately quicker and is good for hotlaps and qualy using a small amount such as 5% is useful in races, prevents most big moments but doesn't take away from laptime so much.

14. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    This is something that is on the radar, to capture both raw and filtered throttle and brake inputes, it is just something that isn't prioritized that high.

And, next major version, 5.0, was just released.

Rating - The biggest new feature is a rating module for singleplayer races (initially enabled for R3E, Assetto Corsa and rFactor 2). This module tracks your performance for each class, via a rating. Based on that rating it can suggest the optimal difficulty you should run at. You performance in race is used to calculate changes to your rating. Glicko 2 algorithm is used.
    To get going, checkt the tutorial - https://gitlab.com/winzarten/SecondMonitor/wikis/Rating-Tutorial

Pit Board - This was an idea from ravey1981. After each lap a pitboard gets temorarily displayed on the bottom left, and it shows the gap and gap change to the cars ahead and behind.
    2019-05-18_14-34-46.png

Field Tyre Information - The pit column in the timing grid now contains a ribbon that gets colored if a standard compound is equipped. R3E and RFactor 2 do expose compound for the whole field, so you can see what the other cars are using. It is using the F1 color scheme.
    SecondMonitor_2019-05-18_14-33-04.png

You can also see that the highly prazed rFactor 2 AI is using the hardest compound for qualification :D

• Like Like x 3
  15. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I like the rating system very much. But I think if you set up 2 races, only the first one is counted? Is that correct what I observed?

16. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Both should be counted, and they both should use the rating from the previous race, but maybe something is broken. I will check that once I get home, thanks for the report :)

17. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Found the issue, a small update was released :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. fufsgfen

fufsgfen Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Is there or in plans to have Outsim/Outgauge support? My l33t searching skills did not provide to be of help, sorry if this has been brought up.

With this it is at least relatively easy, even I could get small data viewer done.
    https://github.com/alexmcbride/insimdotnet/

Sims that use that are at least LFS and BeamNG (well actually that is not ready, although I did submit my version of lua so if they accept it might get to put in game), not sure if other sims are using outgauge/outsim too, with that library it is pretty easy to setup.

Another subject is that white on black triggers my migraine, plain boring gray would help, but it would perhaps require color to be read from setting instead of hardcoding it. I'm not much of a programmer, but I remember using sometime Project > Properties > Settings to create color setting which stored selection from few colors.

19. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    There are currently no plans to support Outsim/Outgauge, as I don't own LFS.

As for the colors scheme. Having the option for the user to change it is something that I would like to have, if not directly in UI, then eatleast by editing some config files, but I need to figure out a system where the user wouldn't have to change it after every update, and then, ofc, find time to do it. ;)

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. SvenT

SvenT New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Maybe this was asked before - so sorry if this is the case.

Is there a possibility/plan to customize the different information that is shown?
    I use it on a small 800x600 Display and it´s quite hard to resize the different areas.
    E.g. if I set the window to a width of 800 pixel, the lap time in the upper right is cutted so I see only the minutes and seconds....not the tenths.

Any hints or is the resolution of 800 x 600 simply too less?

Regards
    S.