HUD OtterHud - A custom WebHud - With additional features

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by OtterNas3, May 7, 2019.

1. WozzaUK

WozzaUK Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    NIce HUD but I'm getting massive lag when the AI are around and have been trying different things. When I turn it off everything's back to normal. I'm just going to try the affinity settings above.

However, I've noticed I have two RRREWebBrowser.exe running in Task Manager. One is using 5784K the other 25408K. Is that normal? Do both need the affinity changing?

Also do I have to put the string in the steam properties? I checked the option to run the HUD in Crew Chief but still have to put the string in otherwise I get nothing so I assume that's how it works.

Thanks. :p

2. WozzaUK

WozzaUK Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    OK I tried the affinity changes and it seemed to work like a charm. :p

btw you have a slight typo in your post for people with quad cores:

Total of 4 Cores
    RRRE64.exe to all cores (0-3) and RRREWebBrowser.exe to the last 2 (2-3)

3. BasicBlaq

BasicBlaq New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks not sure if I was using the wrong link so I decided to repaste the hud link in steam and the options are all showing now

4. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, where is this post?

5. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Only the one that has CPU usage on it, but sometimes hard to pick, so i would say yes, use affinity change on both, it does not harm ;)

Exactly, without the properties string the ngame Web Browser will load nothing.
    The option in CrewChief is only to run the Data-Feeder in Crew-Chief itself instead of having to manually start the dash.exe file.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...onal-features-v-1-04.13152/page-3#post-178670

I will put the link to the first post.

Also the next version will be released today, not all of the stuff i would like to do will be in it, but some asked and need changes.
    For all the Low->Mid range PC users: LowPerfo mode will make it into this one!

Moo,
    Otter

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  6. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Version 1.07
    See changelog on the bottom of the first post for more information

Like i said in the previous post, not all the stuff i planned for this release made it, more Work, less spare time.
    So i made up the things i could handle in time to not let you wait too long for the Low-Performance mode and these small design changes.
    Hope you like it!

Moo,
    Otter

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Where is 1.07 i can only find link for 1.06??

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    It's always the same link :D
    You dont need to download it or something, if you use it already it will load the new version automatic next time you launch the game!

Moo,
    Otter

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Would I be correct in saying if the low performance bar is green it's active?? as it always seems to start green.
    When I remove the sector times from the delta bar the sector bars (I'm guessing) still show, looks abit odd just them being there on ther own, only way I have got rid of them is turn off the delta bar altoghter..

10. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Yes, green is On.
    The Sector Bars are always visible, like they was in the original version, i only added possible numbers display to them.
    They will only be alone in the first timed lap in Practice/Qualy, after that the Delta to your fastest lap will appear also.

Moo,
    Otter

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  11. Calv Killmore

Calv Killmore Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I really don't know if I'm doing something wrong or the webhud is not updating.
    As there is plenty of choices that are not in the main UI display when are definitely in the video. For instance I've only got in the way of tyres on and off. No tyre pressures no temperatures IMO etc, blank basically. And I have no track position time of car in front and cars behind. And no track map.
    It is said the web had updates itself when running through crew chief and the launch control in steam. Whether it's done this or not I do not know as I cannot identify the version that is being in use.
    Any help and advice in trying to resolve this issues of missing components for the want of a better term would be much appreciated.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  12. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like your running the original Sector3 WebHud, which of course will not update to this version itself
    This version is not using the original Sector3 URL, it has it's own as you can see in the first post.

Can you post your Game properties entry?

Moo,
    Otter

13. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Ok cool, really like what you have done with this so far..;) As for the low performance button can't say I notice any difference when it's off/on certainly don't see any effects on fps but then again not sure how it works anayway..

14. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    It has little to none noticable effect if your running fine anyway :)
    You would notice this when your machine is struggeling with performance while running the Hud.
    Thinking about Low-->Mid range PC users or maybe even while streaming where you sometimes need the last bit of performance to make the stream not drop fps in a harsh situation.

Oh and i had a typo in the storing of the status for the Low Performance Mode, that's why it was always green on next load of the Hud
    It did not stored the actual status to recover it on next load.
    I fixed that tonight with a reupload, so barely someone noticed :rolleyes:

Moo,
    Otter

• Like Like x 2
  15. Calv Killmore

Calv Killmore Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    You are absolutely correct the URL was wrong it was an old one.
    Just like to thank you for an excellent hud. Excellent work.
    More options than you can shake a stick at with options to resize and locate anyway you want.:)
    Been waiting for a hud of this calibre for a long time for this sim.
    Thank you and keep up the excellent work top notch.:hearteyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Hello, when you are so far behind only a masochist would continue:D then the gap to the car before is not displayed correctly anymore (I think delta text this is called). I donĀ“t know if this is important enough to fix. The minutes are not displayed anymore, and seem static and also not the laps behind.

17. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Version 1.08
    See changelog on the bottom of the first post for more information

Main: "Show All Widgets" is now available to use!

Moo,
    Otter

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Excellent work as always! :blush: Thank you!

19. Alfie57

Alfie57 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I love your work but since the latest version I have no config icon. Tried everything but don't know what I did wrong...

20. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    The Hover zone is more to the left now, and way reduced.
    Just move your mouse all the way to the left and then upward.
    You need to get close to them so they get visible!

Moo,
    Otter

• Like Like x 1