Osw Settings

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Allister, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Allister

Allister New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

I've had my OSW for around 6 months, I have mastered the settings for AC, iRacing, AMS, RF2 and RF1.

I cannot for the life of me get to any point where it feels like I'm driving anything remotely a car and I have spent hour after hour tweaking settings and I'm at my wits end.

By far RRRE has every possibility of being my favourite sim, phenomenal sounds, fantastic roster of cars, great track selection.

I'm sorry if this comes across as a moaning post, it really isn't. I want RRRE to be a phenomenal sim. I'm just struggling here.

Look forward to hearing from the RRRE community, or maybe even the staff.

2. Tarheel_Dan

Tarheel_Dan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sector3, are you listening?

3. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Sector 3 always listen!
    I am sure once they have the resources available it will be sorted.

4. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I have an AF, so I don't have the power of an OSW but at least i'm direct drive. What I have found is that R3E for some reason has almost zero friction/dampening built into it. That makes the wheel very jerky and provides some odd feedback.

I would stick to 100% tire force and use a lot more dampening/friction than you think you should. Start doing that and I think you'll find it gets better. You can also use the Accuforce default as a good starting point for some of those settings.

5. Tarheel_Dan

Tarheel_Dan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    DD wheels have been around for years now, and are becoming quite common. The time is now!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tarheel_Dan

Tarheel_Dan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That sounds counterintuitive to me, but I'll give it a go.

7. KudBkuik

KudBkuik Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I have made a good OSW profile starting with the AccuForce preset but, there may be a couple of minor adjustments needed. Most of the tuning is in finding a good balance between the vertical and lateral force effects. I disabled the steering rack effects completely and that cleaned up the odd FFB spikes I encountered.

If your OSW is SimuCube-based, be sure to enable Sine-Wave at about 150% (Direct Input Effect). I also use about .75% friction (other filters) to reduce a slight looseness near center and add a bit more resistance.

8. thedigitel

thedigitel New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bump. Same issue here with OSW wheel. Devs, do you have any plans to improve direct drive wheel support now that the Fanatec DD wheels / SimuCube 2 have been released? We desperately need a FFB fix!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    This has been brought up numerous times. I trust that Sector 3 will or already looking into it. If you need help in setting up your direct drive wheel for Raceroom there are a few people here who could give you support including myself.

First provide details about your direct drive motor, software e.g (simucube, MMos etc..), Tripple screen, single screen and we can go from there. It is also important to know what field of view you are currently using in raceroom (0.5x, 0.6x, 0.7x, 1x)? Switching from one to another field of view could change your force feedback feel.

I am happy with my current DD force feedback settings considering that Raceroom doesn't support it. it took me bloody 12 months of fiddling and messing around until I got to what I really want. I use Augury Kit small mige 10000 encoder, MMos, 0.5x field of view on a single screen. Soon will run triples :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. thedigitel

thedigitel New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would love to see what settings you're using as we have similar setups.

OSW small Mige / Simucube / 2.1mil encoder
    Triple Screen
    Currently have FOV set to 0.8x

How does the FOV have an impact on FFB? That doesn't seem like something that would have any correlation.

Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    How does the FOV have an impact on FFB? I have no idea how but it does. The devs or beta testers may have an answer to this question?
    However, your settings and values will remain the same unchanged but the ffb feel will be noticeably different. You can test it yourself but make sure you drive a car that you are most familiar with. I switched from 1x field of view to 0.6x and finally settled with the 0.5x.
    In addition, I have triple setup ready but still using a single monitor due to computer limitations. Hopefully at the end of the month will buy new computer and get the triples fired up.

Finally, before you read below, I am not sure how different Simucube software is in comparison to MMos?

My settings are as follows: ( a few minor value changes since my first post)
    * OSW Small Mige Augury Kit, encoder 10000

MMos settings:
    - Cpr 40000
    - Wheel rotation: 540 default because I mainly drive GT1, GT2 and GT3 cars
    - Steering stop gain: 10%
    - Min Force: 0%
    - Max Force: 100%
    - Damping filter: off
    - Friction filter: off
    - Inertia filter: off
    - Damper: 0%
    - Saturation: 0%
    - PWM Mode: PWM & Dir
    - PWM: 3.4kHz
    - Encoder CPR: 40000 (if your encoder is 10000)
    - Enable Force Led: No tick
    - Reverse Encoder: No tick
    - Use Encoder index: Tick
    - Report Combined Pedals: No tick
    - Analog Axes: None
    - Buttons 1-16: None
    - Buttons 17-32: None
    - Shifter None

General force feedback settings:
    Force feedback: on
    Inverted force feedback: off
    Gamepad rumble: off
    Force feedback intensity: Between 50% - 55%
    Smoothing: 0%
    Force feedback spring: 0%
    Force feedback damper: 0%

Steering force settings:
    Steering force intensity:40%
    Force feedback minimum force: 0%
    Understeer: 50%
    Vertical force: 50%
    Lateral force: 50%
    Steering rack: 50%

Force feedback effect settings:
    Slip effect: 75%
    Engine vibrations: 25%
    Kerb vibrations: 20%
    Shift effect: 90%
    Collision effect: 10%

Advanced Settings:
    Steering sensitivity: 50% (steering preferably at 50% in order to have it linear)
    Throttle sensitivity: 50%
    Brake sensitivity: 50%
    Clutch sensitivity: 50%

USER SETTINGS- Control set Values added as follows:
    - FFB throttle vibe freq mult="0.5" // Scales actual engine frequency to force FFB vibration
    - FFB jolt magnitude="0.1" // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are
    You must save on exit !

IMPORTANT: Settings posted in this forum by users above did not work for me, possibly due to using different direct drive motor kits or software. Therefore, my setting may or may not work for you either. If the Force feedback effect settings are too strong for you, dont forget to reduce or increase if you need to.

12. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0