OSW Settings

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vantskruv, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    In addition, if you cant see the "WHEEL RANGE" in steering setting, you will need to open simbin hud_options and add a value "false or true". I cant remember the exact line? Someone else could touch up on this....

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  2. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Yeah it was this Turtle I posted a while back.

You need to go to X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\General

Open up Steeringwheel.xml and change either of these....

<key type="uint32">268169301</key> <!-- MMos ForceFeedback 2014 -->
    <value>
    <vendorSpecificRangeLock type="bool">true</vendorSpecificRangeLock>

<key type="uint32">224007888</key> <!-- Simucube -->
    <value>
    <vendorSpecificRangeLock type="bool">true</vendorSpecificRangeLock>

Change the values in bold from false to true depending if you are using a MMOS or Simbcube or just change both to true, the DOR per car will then show in game ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Scott Vermeyen

Scott Vermeyen New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well, no one told me to set sens to 50%... I had to play with my wedding tackle for half an hour to figure that out.

I also asked about DOR because after I figured that out and set both the sim and SimuCUBE to 900, the DOR in the formula car matched perfectly. Doesn’t seem to need to be changed per car anymore like I think RWB Charger is saying.

4. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    No the above mentioned edit is to allow the in game DOR to show per car so that you can manually set it to whatever particular car you are in, Formula cars are not 900 so I'm not surprised that if you set the simucube to 900 it will match the in car wheel but it is at the wrong DOR.

As you have done leave sens at 50%, do the above file edit and then it will show in game, jump into a car and check steering settings the actual car DOR will now show up instead of N/A, change the DOR in simucube to match the car, the wheel will still be one to one visually if you have that set correctly in the game options of match set up, you can then use the steering rack setting to tighten it up or loosen slightly as desired while still matching the rotation.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Scott Vermeyen

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I understand now, thank you. Very archaic behavior and last major sim to not have capabilities to match DOR automatically? Would like to see it one day. Thanks for helping me though, cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Yeah this is true, need a capabilities to match automatically. And another thing (off topic but worth mentioning), to be able to assign/ map gear shifting for sequential and paddle shifting separately. A major sim with only one shifting up and down option is just out of place. o_O

• Like Like x 1
  7. Scott Vermeyen

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Not seeing the actual value I need to use. Everything else works the same though, but I kinda need to know the right DOR. Any info on where that is on screen?

Edit: Ah I see, there's an option in the garage for it. So this steering lock in Simucube, 900 ingame, and 50% steering sens? Without the steering sens adjustment it didn't work, but I'm not sure it feels right now. Could be other settings in my FFB.

E2: Actually 50%sens setting is definitely off, dang how does one do this? The steering range in game doesn't map 1:1 with no sense and the the range set in SimuCUBE.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  8. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
  9. Scott Vermeyen

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I set that value in SimuCUBE but something still seemed off.. Switched to 50% sens, and it appears to be working now? Hopefully.

Should throttle/brake be at 50% too?

Thanks!

10. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    As long as you have 50% sens (linear) in game, then you can match the garage steering range with the simucube range/ rotation.
    As for the PEDALS, it is up to you. Once again at 50% is linear. I keep all my pedals at 50% for my He Ultimates and it works great.

Dont forget to use input meter in cockpit just for your reference. Assign with any key or use default.

11. Beef36

Beef36 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'm having a lot of trouble dialling in my SimuCube 1, but one of my key issues seems to be when I collide with another car.

After a collision my SimuCube's force feedback increases a lot and seems to just want to turn violently to the left if I let go of the wheel after I have stopped. Also when I physically turn left there is minimal resistance, but if I try and turn the wheel right I get a lot of resistance.

If I escape out to the game menu and then back into the game, the SimuCUBE seems to have corrected itself and works okay until I have another collision and the same effect occurs.

Is anyone else experiencing the same?

Thanks

12. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    perhaps ?
    no problem with my settings

FFB jolt magnitude="0.0" // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.
    FFB shift jolt magnitude="0.7" // How strong jolts you get from shifting. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Correct, there's a bug with colissions. Setting this to 0 solves the described problem with FFB.

14. HardWin

HardWin New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    After manually setting the steering rotation (hope that this can be fixed soon!), I still think the FFB of R3E is not correct for direct drive wheels. Default car specific FFB is much too high. But consistently turning this to the lowest setting gets mixed results. For the Porsche 911 it seems decent, but for the Taatus it feels much too light. Please sector 3, add proper SimuCUBE support! Fiddling with this per car is much too timeconsuming. Should feel right at least after applying correct general FFB settings.... really frustrating, because this sim has a lot of good content. Correcting the steering rack doesn’t seem to make much of s difference.

• Agree Agree x 1