Telemetry SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    LFS is actually free (it has outsim documentation in help folder), you can buy more content to it, that is how they advertise it today, used to be demo and full versions, only wording is changed I believe so it is now more like Raceroom with only change in wording :D

Finding time, that is fashionable thing today, I have been looking too, can't find enough of it no matter how much time I spend looking and now I'm tempted of trying to get insimdotnet expanded and to talk with secondmonitor, which would mean even less time for anything for me :D

For settings, I think from this link you can find solution that suits your needs https://stackoverflow.com/questions...ation-settings-in-a-windows-forms-application

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    You are probably better using something like simhub dash on a smaller display. You can use a premade layout or create your own with whatever info you want to see. You can still have second monitor running in the background to collect telemetry data etc. I use both apps. A 5 inch display low res screen for dash and a 1200x1600 for second monitor above my main race screen.

3. SvenT

SvenT New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey David,
    thanks for the Input - indeed this is my "Plan B" although my wife will deem me to be insane if I attach another monitor to my rig.
    She calls it affectionately "Your NASA control center" ;-)

If second monitor cannot be customized it is absolutely okay for me - I just wanted to check if I overlooked something.

Regards
    S.

4. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Still, I don't play it, and it is difficult for me to support sims that I have no interests in (from both time and motivation standpoint). But if annybody wants to create its own LFS connector, he is more than welcome to do so. :)

The simple settings file is easy, especially as the app has already all major colors located and referenced from a single file (https://gitlab.com/winzarten/SecondMonitor/blob/master/Foundation/WindowsControls/WPF/Colors.xaml).

The time consuming part is making setting robust enough, that it preserves user overrides between application updates, while applying color changes to users that haven't touch the settings. It isn't hard, it just take time. And if you try to prioritize it with things, like slow-fast rebound differentation in suspension velocity histogram, or prediction where on track you end up after pit stop, of live telemetry, then it usually ends on the back with the rest of QoL improvements (like the ability to reorganize the UI, or a simple automatic start of the application update)

This is somewhat similar to the color issue. The biggest problem is that everything can be make scalleable, like a % of size, or resized dynamically based on the size required...everything except font size. This has to be defined as an exact number, so while these numbers are defined in a single place (https://gitlab.com/winzarten/SecondMonitor/blob/master/Foundation/WindowsControls/WPF/Constants.xaml), there is currently no way how to change them by the user.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. SvenT

SvenT New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the explanation.
    As mentioned - no problem for me.
    The fourth monitor is already on its way ;-)

I have to modify my rig, but I have still some of the aluminium-profiles in my garage...so just cut and mount.

S.

6. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Version 5.1 is out, main changes

Main Application:
    Main new adition is the prediction of tyre lifespan, which is shown for each tyre on the tyre status control.
    SecondMonitor_2019-05-29_18-14-58.png
    Yellow and Red lines represent the boundaries for mild and heavy wear, as they are defined in the car option panel (which is opened by the car+cog icon on the right side).

The number right of the compound name shows how much laps is left until the tyre wear will reach the red line. This is calculated from your pace and the tyre wear over the last 4minutes. This number is present in all sessions (when there is atleast one valid lap time), and can be used i.e. in practice to get the estimated lifetime for different compounds.

The black bar is active only in races, and it shows the estimated wear at the end of the race. This is also calculated from wear from the last 4 minutes.

I've also added Ultrasoft tyre compound as a know compound, so it will now get a proper color in the timing grid. I've also changed the color scheme to the F1 2018 season, as that is what most sims uses.

Telemetry Viewer
    The main change is that Suspension velocity histogram now distinguish between fast and slow bumps/rebounds.:)
    SecondMonitor_2019-05-29_18-36-55.png

• Like Like x 4
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  7. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Managed to get a bit of sim time and tried out the pitboard feature. It works really well. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  8. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Any chance that cars that are DNF could be greyed out in the timing screen? Did a multiplayer race today with loads of DNF cars and it got quite confusing....

Also, when running no damage as I usually do in practice sessions, the damage indicators show full damage. Could these be disabled in that situation?

9. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I have a suggestion as well: could it please be possible to store best player lap times for each track and car class, (maybe even down to car model) and add an interface to view the best laptimes? This is something that is missing inside R3E (off course there´s the portal, but this not user friendly).

10. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    I will look into that :)

This is something I have planned. I would like to have both overall track record + a best time for each class. With the ability to see when and with what car were both achieved. ;)

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  11. DahlKen

DahlKen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm having a problem with getting second monitor to remain connected to AC. I use Content Manager, and when I start it, in the lower left corner of Second monitor it turns from "Not Connected" to "Assetto Corsa." As soon as I click on Drive, second monitor disconnects. As soon as I leave and return to Content Manager it reconnects.

If I use the original launcher, it never connects.

I've been trying now for 2 days and am at a loss to this one. So I am turning to you to see if something can fix this.

Thnx in advance

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      15.7 KB
      Views:
  12. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Could you please check in the Assetto Corsa settings if the SecondMonitor plugin is present and enabled?

13. DahlKen

DahlKen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have indeed checked that it is enabled and present in AC. Using both the CM launcher and in the official. I have even gone so far as to remove the original install, reinstall with no add-ons or mods at-all, then tried second monitor with official launcher and still it never connected. When I use the CM launcher, as soon as it has loaded it connects. But when click to drive there is an immediate disconnect. I am at a loss on this one.

I've even uninstalled, reinstalled, reinstall second monitor in different folder and drives a total of 4 times. And AC twice. When starting R3E or Automobilista there is no problems and it works a charm. It just seems to have problem with AC for whatever reason which is unfortunate as it is one of my favorites for now.

14. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    This part is normal, when the application sees CM running, it will emulate an AC connection. So the user can browse the ratings, like he would be able in other sims, when in menu. But as soon as it sees the AC process running, it will disconnect from this "fake" connection, and tries to connect to the real "AC". This behavior isn't implemented yet for the original launcher, so that is why it never connects there.

From now on, it is weird, as there isn't anything strange in the logs. One thing you might try is to run Second Monitor as admin. One user had similar problem in rFactor 2, and that helped (although I have no clue why).
    If that doesn't work, could you please try this build? https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjZ7Py7hwgdrgdgcKFKb4DGFLac2Ug
    It should contain more information in the log why the app wasn't able to connect.

15. DahlKen

DahlKen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I will try this build here shortly, I have been running Second Monitor as admin since this beginning this endeavor.

16. DahlKen

DahlKen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I got to play with this for a few minutes tonight. So I ran it on both launchers, CM and Official. I then looked over the logs and saw the Int32 error being thrown. So I altered the setting of my UAC from off to recommended. I then ran them both again, and again, the same outcome. So hopefully this one will give a bit more insight into the problem.

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      307.5 KB
      Views:
  17. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    From the logs it looks like the application is unable to connect to the second monitor plugin.
    Could you please upload log.txt and py_log.txt from Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs\
    to see if there was some problem starting the second monitor plugin?

18. DahlKen

DahlKen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Been busy day. Here are the logs. Though the Py_log is completely blank which seems a bit odd.

Attached Files:

19. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the logs. There is obviously an error with the second monitor plugin, it crashes at start. I will have a look at it once I got home.

20. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    had the same kind of problem with brand new AC vanilla game, solved it from the regular AC launcher by going into Options>General and checking SecondMonitor box under UI Modules