RaceRoom Car Lookup List: June 2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skidmark, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    UPDATED VERSION NOW AVAILABLE
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...oom-car-class-lookup-list-october-2019.13773/

There is a danger of this becoming an obsession... too late. :D

Using information posted by @Alex Hodgkinson, @OtterNas3 and @Georg Ortner plus my own sleuthing here is a much more comprehensive car list.

Much of it is self explanatory but here's the detail:

Physics era:

Old: prior to mid-2015 "floaty". Still loved by many though, especially DTM 92.
    New: mid-2015 to late-2017. Improved - not floaty.
    Newest: the latest physics (since late-2017) from Alex Hodgkinson
    Physics latest update:
    The date of most recent physics update for this class (information from Alex).
    If the cell is purple the date shown is date of release - I'm assuming no updates since.
    If the cell is purple with white date: lost in the mist of time but likely to be 2013.
    ADAC: I'm assuming they are all based on main GT3 class physics.
    Note that WTCC 2017 was a livery update only so physics date is same as WTCC 2016.
    Ranked newest to oldest: shows the very latest physics as 1, ranked through to oldest physics. Note that for some older cars release date rather than physics date is shown (purple date) so this leads to some classes (e.g. DTM 2013 and 2014) being ranked lower than they 'deserve'. In these cases 'physics era' is the better guide.
    PIT: a class shown as IN the pits is currently receiving a physics overhaul which will be released... soon TM.
    ABS: whether or not the cars in class have factory ABS - note that ABS can still be turned on/off as desired for all cars (multiplayer restrictions may apply and penalties apply for using 'artificial' ABS on cars without factory ABS).
    Traction Control: whether or not the cars in class have factory traction control - note that traction control can still be turned on/off as desired for all cars (multiplayer restrictions may apply and penalties apply for using 'artificial' TC on cars without factory TC).
    Adjustable tyre pressures: whether or not the cars in class have adjustable tyre pressures. Note that other cars may appear to have adjustable pressures in the menu but this is an illusion. These are not the droids you are looking for.
    Gearbox: classes with full manual gearbox allowing use of H-pattern shifter
    PI: performance index - a value that defines the performance of every car class. Some classes that fall under the same Balance of Performance (BOP) share the same Performance index. That means these classes will be grouped together on the grid and listed as one class in the results. The lower the PI number the better the lap time from that class (all else being equal).
    PI rank: shows where class sits relative to other classes.
    Car ID: ID for these cars in game code.

Errors are mine. Happy to fix them if you let me know. :cool:

Updated 10 June 2019 OUT OF DATE
    Table displays best if you are logged in, otherwise looks too small. Will muck around with it to see if I can get it to display better.
    upload_2019-6-10_8-48-58.png
    upload_2019-6-8_11-1-37.png

• Like x 8
    • Useful x 3
    • Wonderful x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  2. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the list! Very useful. I understood Alex post differently, that the ADAC Masters and GTR3 are not yet on the newest state and still are worked on.

3. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    The "Newest" category was always a bit of an arbitrary line drawn down the middle of 2017 to help distinguish the physics of the time from earlier versions that were distinctly different in feel. But clearly the game has come along way since then, and so the ADACs / GT3 class is now on the oldest version of the 'Newest' physics model (and even that's a bit misleading as I'm sure it's more of a continuum from one era to the next than discrete 'models' which is why we shouldn't obsess over it like I'm doing now...).

You can see from the table that it's a long time since the GT3s have had any significant attention and, as you can also see, they are currently 'in the pits' - receiving an overhaul so that they will soon be on the newest Newest physics. :confused: :p

The notion of 'old', 'new' and 'newest' which was a helpful distinction a year or so ago is rapidly approaching its own use-by date. :cool:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  4. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Actually alex said something about the newest physics being from 18 months ago and onwards, chosing that time because the gt3s are just outside of that time.

5. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    I’ll be happy to adjust if Alex confirms... as I’ve said a few times there is a danger of obsessing too much over this (and I am as guilty as anyone!!).

6. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    To speed it up a little :D
    By the way seems that i only ever comment on these lists when i doubt something but really i quite appreciate having one place to see it all :)

Attached Files:

7. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Ahhhh... I read that but obviously misunderstood it. Thanks for pulling me up on it.

I’ll update in the morning... it’s past beer o’clock here.

And apologies for doubting Zziggy as well.

NOW FIXED

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  8. Duke

Duke New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Many thanks for this Skidmark.
    Is there any chance this can be made into a shared google sheet for ease of access & updating?

9. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    very helpful, thank you!

10. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Just a small thing....gtr3 is having its physics looked at too (same as gt masters)

11. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    D'oh! Obviously!

Will fix shortly. Thanks

DONE

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  12. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The last physics update dates are wrong for the Audi Sport TT Cup 2015 and DTM 2013-2015. The Audi Sport TT Cup 2015 was updated when the 2016 version was released, and the older DTM cars were updated on 25-01-2017.

13. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    In terms of liveries, some cups have hidden skins that might not have been affected by updates (such as the #1 Petronas livery received by those who took part in the Sepang competition in 2017), so you might want to take that into account.

Cup (Actual number of liveries).

FR X-17 Cup (21)
    FR 2 (23)
    Group 5 (44)
    GTO Classics (19)
    GTR 1 (46)
    GTR 2 (48)
    GTR 3 (Roughly 24)
    KTM X-Bow RR Cup (31)
    P2 (46)
    Silhouette Series (25)
    Touring Classics (39)
    Zonda R Cup (28)

https://raceroom-racing-experience.fandom.com/wiki/Hidden_Skins

14. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Can anybody confirm that the gt4 cars have adjustable tire pressures and if so how much difference in tire temperature one should expect between minimum and maximum pressures?
    Because ive been trying back and forth with the gt4 ktm and cant seem to notice any real difference. Maybe a degree or two but even then in some places its higher than the other extreme yet in some other places its lower. Cant make much sense of it so any confirmation would be great :D

15. axxis278

axxis278 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    This is good to know but also kinda depressing :( I understand the difficulty of the developers but having such a mix in physic sets is quite.......ummm not sure of the word o_O

17. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately it's not just a case of copy-paste. Changing physics needs everything else reworking too. The upside is that a lot has been learned over the last couple of years and cars on new physics are head and shoulders above the rest. It's only the cars in the very oldest physics that are "unrealistic", and a chunk of those are being reworked now anyway.

The alternative to updating a class at a time is to wait until they are all done....

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Hache

Hache New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thank you so much for all this work.

Could you provide a google doc (or excel) link (read only) so we can sort or filter the table ? This would be very kind.

• Like Like x 1
  19. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Love this list, Is it time for an update?
    The recent patch notes suggested theres been some refinements to physics of Gt2, Fx90 and the Zondas.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Loki-D

Loki-D Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I did something similar with rf2 on thier forums, but this is properly how you do it!!

Thanks!! Cmon with those 92's!!!