Released 5th June 2019 - Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Purchasing packs will always take into account any content you already own and only charge you for what you don't own, just like the guys above said. You'll never pay for anything twice.

I like to think of the packs as one time discount vouchers, that's basically how they work, you get a special discount once on every item which is contained in the pack and you don't own yet.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Disregard my previous post, YOU ARE RIGHT! The FFB is very strong in corners and overall a little bit tighter then before. No other changes could find during test drive. It seems like a global FFB change after this latest patch (except for the FR90s). Reducing the value in multiplier makes everything else weaker and cornering stronger again no point.

Devs please check it out and let us know what is happening with FFB?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    So gave the new cars a spin and gotta say theyre a blast. Just to be sure @Alex Hodgkinson do they have tire pressures or not?
    Also got a tiny bug since today where my cursor starts rapidly switching between the bigger in game cursor and the standard windows one. Tried to take a video of it but the frequencies seem to match so on the video you cant really see what it looks like in real life but ill throw the vid in here anyways :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Nice catch. Out of curiosity, are you using vsync? In case you don't, could you test if that issue changes when you enable vsync please? Would help narrow it down..

5. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    If you could see it in person you wouldnt call it a catch :D
    Not using vsync afaik. Just turned my computer off but will try it out tomorrow

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Brilliant! :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Ok, thanks.
    If anybody else gets the same, let us know. Got a suspicion it might be vsync/fps related..

8. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    One thing I noticed while racing, the Shared Memory API pops up from time to time, like I'm moving the mouse... but I don't.... and there is no ghost in my room...... I hope....... o_O

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  9. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    @HomieFFM Have had that once. Never happened again. I put it down to the mouse "moving in the excitement".

• Like Like x 1
  10. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    In Thrustmaster settings, I have 900 degree rotation and:

upload_2019-6-7_10-0-6.png
    In game FFB is all default. These are settings I found for Assetto Corsa, but they seem to be OK all round.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BBKing212

BBKing212 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Instant buy all 3 :)
    Great work!

• Like Like x 2
  12. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    So just tried it with vsync enabled and it didnt make a difference. Having paid more attention to it tho i noticed that the problem only seems to occur in the menu. While in the garage in a session or going through the settings page for example everything is normal

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. coolwhip21

coolwhip21 Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Sector3 for these beautiful cars! It's been a real pleasure to watch Race Room grow over these past 4 years I've been a part of it's growth in silence. May many more years follow!

• Like Like x 7
  15. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Was so blown away last night that i just had to share the following :D
    Normally im not a huge fan of silverstone but in the fr 90 v8 it became like the perfect track. Incredibly fun to drive and something i wouldnt have expected at all

• Like Like x 3
  16. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I wonder what makes it happen, can't reproduce this so far. What resolution and display mode are you using (full, windowed, borderless)?

17. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    I use 16:10 and cant choose between different resolutions there so i never paid attention to the number but can let you know the next time i drive. Display mode is full
    And another addition to where it appears is that it is present on loading screens and i think while looking at the server list as well.
    And now thinking about it a bit more i come to realise that i very recently bought a laptop cooler but it still appears when that is turned off so i wouldnt neccessarily think thats the cause but maybe thats me being naive as well :D

18. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Ahh, are you using the touchpad to navigate the cursor in-game? Maybe that's the difference..

19. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Nope using a normal mouse.
    But i could try the touchpad (and dpad on the wheel :D) to see if that makes any difference

20. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, guess it can also never hurt to backup your documents folder and try with a fresh one, just to see if it's some setting in any of the files..

In general, hardware acceleration has been disabled in menus. Maybe some component of your laptop is struggling with that somehow? (Although I don't quite see how that would make the cursor flicker rapidly.)