HUD OtterHud - A custom WebHud - With additional features

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by OtterNas3, May 7, 2019.

1. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, it worked for me by just pressing it too when I moved the map. But when I tried to move the yellow flag notification, it didn't work. I'll try holding the key instead.

2. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately there are things you cant mov/resize and the Flag is one of them :(

3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Oh dear... so this new function is no better than the existing HUD Manager then. What a shame. :(

4. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Dont know what kind of options the hud manager had but having this ingame certainly makes it a whole lot less complicated to adjust things to your liking

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Take a look at the HUD Manager. You can adjust things at your leisure with a preview of how your screen will look. No need to start R3E, enable/disable each HUD element, or press any keys while driving or sitting at the side of the track. Very simple and very effective, the only problem being some HUD elements can't be adjusted. Since the same elements still can't be adjusted with the new in-game functionality, I personally see very little value in the change.

6. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    I had a look at the forum page here before i posted that comment and already found the few images at the beginning of the thread too conmplicated :D so i much prefer it the way that was introduced in this update (although to be fair i didnt even move anything except for trying it out once :D)

7. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    You should try the editor rather than looking at pictures. It's not complicated at all. You drag and drop things, just like you do with the new in-game system.

8. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    But i cant do it while in the game right? In that case the new way would win for me yet again :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Greg Metcalf

Greg Metcalf New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    you add this line -webdev -webHudUrl=https://otternas3.github.io/r3ewebhud/ to the game launch options in steam. Run dash.exe and then start Raceroom. then use the on screen settings/menu and your mouse. really is simple. It`s best to show all widgets so you can place the ones you want where you want them. in the settings turn off the ones you dont want

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    How is the names/times horizontal bar at the top of the screen displayed? Curious as the game's version is white/grey, while this is transparent.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  11. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    It is a part of the WebHud and should be enabled by default.
    If not have a look in the settings and enable "Position Bar"

12. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. I checked and I do have Position Bar enabled, but I only have the game's default Position Bar which is white/grey, not the 'transparent' as in the OP.

13. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Thats for the webhud that this thread is about. I know how to use that but appreciate the help anyways ;)
    Goffik and i were talking about the hud manager which is a different thing that lets you move around and resize some of the hud elements that were in r3e before the introduction of these webhuds

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Are you sure you have the WebHUD running, and that you have the position bar enabled in it's own options? Note that this does not mean the options found in the game's menus. The WebHUD has it's own settings menu, accessed by clicking the little cog icon in the top left while driving your car. You should disable the in-game position bar (the red/white one) if you are using the WebHUD one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the details. I finally saw it. It was initially just showing a transparent bar albeit empty, with the 'Session Time' showing below it. I had it all the way to the left (Session Time was aligned to the screen left border) so I wasn't seeing any names/times. With the Session Time centered, the names appear. :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. Greg Metcalf

Greg Metcalf New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Sorry my bad. I used to use hud manager.

17. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    No worries :D

18. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Version 1.10

See changelog on the bottom of the first post for more information

P2P/DRS Widget movement will now move all parts of the Widget.
    The remain/available small box will hide itself when P2P or DRS is activated
    [​IMG]

Explanation for the new "Fuel Details" Widget:

[​IMG]

This Widget will show you:

• Fuel-Remain
    • Estimated Laps left with current Fuel
    • Fuel last Lap
    • Fuel average per Lap
    • Fuel needed to Finish the current Session (Time/Rounds)
    • Fuel to add to finish the current Session (Time/Rounds)

The "Fuel Detail" Widget is able to store Data for later usage, in the localstorage (cache based db-file).
    It will store your Laptime and Fuel usage for valid Laps only, this means only Laps get stored that fulfill the following criterias:
    • Laptime is valid
    • Speed never went to 0
    • Never used Reverse Gear
    • Not cause of a Yellow Flag
    • No cutting
    • Damage on the Car Engine/Transmission is not greater then 50%
    • You no got a Penalty (Drive trough/Slow down/Stop and Go)
    • Pitlimiter was never active
    • Not in Pitlane
    • You not Paused the Game (SP only)
    • Fuel usage was, not greater then 1.25 times and not lower then 0.75 times, of your current average Fuel per Lap
    This will get saved for every Track/Track-Layout/Car combination you will Drive.
    With this information it is able to show you a accurate Fuel per Lap and calculations for the Fuel to end / Fuel to add boxes, whenever you come back to a Track/Track-Layout/Car combination, instead of showing and calculating with the default value of R3E.

The calculations for "Fuel to end" and "Fuel to add" are based on:
    - Session Time/Rounds left
    - Your personal best Laptime (Stored or actual Session)
    - Your position on track to calculate if you will cross the line in time for another lap
    - The Leaders personal best Laptime (actual Session)
    - Position of the Leader on track to calculate if he will make it in time for another Round, which results in extra Lap for ourself
    - Fuel per Lap from stored Data & valid Laps from current Session

While in a Race, all Laps will count into the calculations even if not matching the criterias to actually store the values.
    Only Laps where you enter/exit the Pits will be ignored.
    When, in Practice/Qualy whenever you leave and rejoin the Car, or in the beginning of a Race, it will load the stored Data to do the calculations until you added valid Laps to the data.

The Widget has 2 settings you can click on to delete stored Data.
    These are specially helpful, in case your Data seems corrupted, a BOP changed the Fuel usage of a specific / all Cars, or you think it is not fitting your current driving anymore.
    • "Clear this Combo Data" will delete the stored data only for the current Track/Track-Layout/Car combination
    • "Clear all Data" will delete all stored data completely

If by any circumstances the localstorage gets deleted by another source then this Widget, all data is lost, sorry there is no way for me to avoid that.

The Fuel Remain will stay green until you get lower then 25% of your Fuel Cpacity.
    It will then turn slowly red until 5% is reached.

The Laps Estimate will stay green until you get lower then 3 Laps remaining.
    It will then turn slowly red until 2 Laps remaining.
    When you get lower then 1 Laps remaining, it starts breathing slowly to give a bit of a reminder that you rly should get Fuel.

The Widget will hide itself if the Session has no Fuel usage enabled at all.

Simple isn't it?...

I hope you enjoy :)

Moo,
    Otter

• Like Like x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 5
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  19. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Do we have a way yet to stop the original hud apps for showing yet?

20. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Not that i know of