Telemetry SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    I've found the issue with the second monitor AC plugin. It is not importing dependencies correctly (this is what you get for copy pasting code :D ).
    I should have a fix ready in a day (I'm quite busy now with IRL stuff, sry), which will fix that.

It will work if another plugin is using (and correctly importing the same dependecies). I.e. CrewChief, so installing crewchief and enabling its plugin (you don't need to run the app), should, in the mean time, make Second Monitor work.

2. DahlKen

DahlKen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you will give that a shot and be looking forward to getting it sorted.

3. SvenT

SvenT New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey there,
    I´m using SecondMonitor with Raceroom since a few weeks now.

Currently I have 2 issues:
    a) windows size
    I have a triple setup with an additional fourth monitor on top of them.
    If I start SecondMonitor I must always adjust the size of the window and the location.
    Is there any way to fix this that the location and size is kept?

b) delay - fastest lap
    Since a few days (I cannot exactly say since when - sorry) the fastest lap is not correct.
    It seems as if it is not updated correctly.
    As result also the delay time is not correct.
    Surprisingly all other data is correct, even the sector times are correct.
    I start Second Monitor before I start Raceroom.
    Is there a known issue that it looses sync if I go to the garage or restart the race / change the track or something like that?

Thanks for any hints.
    Sven

4. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    a)The location and window state should be persisted right now. There is one issue when you move the widow, while maximized, using the window+ shit + arrow key (moving accross monitor). Size is currently not persisted, for some reason (most likely lazyness :D ), but I will implemented that.

b)I will check the fastest lap. There wasn't any changes in that area, but maybe something got broken. The only limitation there is that an invalid lap cannot be fastest.

5. SvenT

SvenT New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey,
    hmm I will try it this evening, but I think the position and size is currently not persistent in my case.
    When / where is the information stored ?
    Maybe it´s a credential issue ? I run Raceroom under normal user credential - not an admin.

Regards
    Sven

6. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    It sholdn't be credential issue. It is stored AppData\Roaming\SecondMonitor\settings.json in the WindowLocationSetting section. And it is updated when the application is closing down.
    I'll have a look, I wouldn't be suprised if there was bug there.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  7. SvenT

SvenT New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Okay maybe itá an issue with the closing.
    Typically I shutdown the PC after the race, and then it might not be stored.
    I will check it....

S.

8. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    A new version with a fix was just pushed :)

Next time you load into assetto corsa you should get the "install plugin" prompt. After that is done, you might have to restart AC, but after that second monitor should work.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  9. SvenT

SvenT New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey as mentioned I did some testing:
    If I close the application "correct" by the X, the position of the upper left corner of the app window is stored correctly.
    The only thing that is not stored correctly is the size.
    I resized the different areas of the app and the timetable seems to have a minimum height.
    If I change the height to only about 3 rows the height is changes after close/open to show again about 6-8 rows.
    Is this by incident or accident ?

The issue with the delta time is still present.
    It seems to have something to do with invalid laps...after an invalid lap it gets weird.
    And it´s quite easy to go off track on Nordschleife for me as a beginner and trying to improve my 6:14..... :rolleyes:
    :rolleyes:

Regards
    S.

10. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    v5.2 is out.
    Main focus of this application was to extend on the rating functionality.
    It is now possible to see overview of all the players ratings, as well as the history of rated races (up 500 per simulator).
    SecondMonitor_2019-06-14_20-58-50.png
    SecondMonitor_2019-06-14_20-58-34.png

Also the class rating is now decoupled from difficulty. I've added a third, hidden rating, that is used for suggested difficulty calculations. This rating is only updated when the player finishes, so DNF races do not affect performance. So there will no longer be non-reasonable difficulty swing on DNF.

For the Telemetry Viewer, I've added the newly include Tyre Load for R3E shared memory. Also if anybody has suggestions for scatterplots/histograms for Tyre Load, shoot them at me :D

• Like Like x 2
  11. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    looking forward to Assetto working again ;)

still loving your work

12. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Tyre load vs slip angle would be a good one

13. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    I was wondering if you have access to 3rd spring in shared memory and if so were you planning on adding a channel and histogram for it? Would be very useful on my side.

Also, with the damper histograms, there is an area for improvement. Currently there is one box for boundary speed, but in actual fact it's quite common to have different values for bump/rebound and also front/rear. That's a lot for the user to put in manually, so would it be possible to automate those values if I provided a list of what they are for our cars?

14. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    I don't see neither slip angle, nor 3rd spring in the shared memory. But there is till one unused TireData<float>, maybe that could be used for slip angle :D

I think that even now there is too many fields to be set everytime you open a chart ;) So I would like to have all the settings persisted, per each car. So you don't have to fiddle with settings everytime you open a new chart.

Also, having a list of default, meaningfull, values would definitely be huge help, as these could be pre-filled easily. ;)

15. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Wow, was very attracted by the SP rating idea, which made me read your whole wiki n this thread, impressive job and master piece :) Now i will have to stop
    being shy and, between two rated races, start studying more in depth my learning girls, BMW M235i and Formula Jr.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  16. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    If you'd like to find me on discord or
    Feel free to contact me directly and I'd be happy to supply the numbers you need

17. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    As I was reading about basic telemetry analysis on VRS, a question popped up: any chance to be able to record the lap telemetry of a ghost in challenge leaderboard mode?

18. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    I've sent you a request on discord :)

Thank you very much for the nice words :)

Only very basic information is available for non-player cars. Coordinates + speed, that is about it. Nothing like rpm, or gear, pedal inputs.. not mentioning some of the advanced stuff like ride height. So nothing that would help you understand what the ghost player was doing ;)

19. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Hehe, I've tried, gonna be my own ghost then, already a lot to learn. Thank you.

20. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    One thing about the player rating system; it's pretty much useless when you're running Adaptive AI.
    You can't set the difficulty in SM since you can't tell what difficulty the AAI will pick until after the race, at which point the race has already been registered.
    So unless there's a way to export the difficulty-level from the sim directly, the whole thing is pretty moot.

• Agree Agree x 2