raceroom startup parameters docu ?

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by michal ivanco, Jun 4, 2019.

1. michal ivanco

michal ivanco New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hello
    I want to make a simple lobby app that would operate my sim rigs remotely

is there a way how to control the GUI via some API or to start a particular session (hotlap/predefined race with AI/multiplayer) using the startup parameters ?
    I found some examples on this forum but is there some kind of documentation on the startup parameters ?
    i only found how to start the game in VR or triples, or to connect to a server, but i want to be able to start leaderboard challenge or hotlap or race with AI too..

i want to start the game on a sim remotely without input from the driver..

thank you for any answe

2. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    You recall me that I said to JF Chardon that I'll create documentation on this subject... :oops:
    I asked him for this data some months ago and got it, but that's raw data, not really documentation, so I said I'll write a clear doc and created a document that is still blank today. :D

I'll try to do this later today or tomorrow.

EDIT: It seems something has changed with the rrre protocol, I'm waiting feedback from JF tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  3. michal ivanco

michal ivanco New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hello, thank you very much! ill be looking out for any update :)

4. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I'm still waiting for feedback from JF, I'll try to ask again tomorrow. :)
    Rrre protocol seems actually not working with Steam, but it was working before...

5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like you are using the rigs for some kind of commercial purpose?

6. michal ivanco

michal ivanco New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I do rent some rigs to companies for their playrooms, and i wanted to create an arcade style sandbox where i can setup some challenges and the user only enters his name and gets some kind of results at the end of the session. i did this with AC (its pretty easy there) but with raceroom or PC2 i did not find any way how to do this. i dont want to be stuck to AC only..

7. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    You should probably consult with the devs on this then as there is a commercial version available that is more customisable. The standard version isn't designed to be used in that situation, the licence agreement forbids it infact.

8. michal ivanco

michal ivanco New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well i am pretty new to this stuff, if there is a commercial version i am interested.. i asked a few people around how do they licence their rigs and noone ever mentioned that i need another type of licence. but they all do use PC2 only..

9. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
  10. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I discussed with devs/beta-testers on S3S Discord, they are aware of the issue and started to investigate. :)

11. michal ivanco

michal ivanco New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Any luck on the protocol issue ? :)

12. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    No news for me, maybe they'll fix it for next release...

13. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Still without news, so I give you the files as I got them, this is supposed to be used like this:
    Code:
    rrre://run?data={"TrackTestSettingsNew":{"CarLivery":257,"CarClass":255,"DrivingModel":2,"NumberOfOpponents":0,"TireWear":0,"FuelUse":0,"TimeOfDay":2,"VisualDamage":0,"MechanicalDamage":false,"TrackLayout":1672,"Difficulty":-1}}&
    The "&" at the end is necessary to keep Steam startup arguments set for this game.

I join an archive which lists values to use for different modes.

From what I've read from the developers, actually it's broken but it works if you pass data as a POST request instead of GET, but I didn't try it yet.

Attached Files:

14. michal ivanco

michal ivanco New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK I get it, but where do I find the ID's of the cars, tracks etc..

15. michal ivanco

michal ivanco New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok i found the r3e-data.json, but still I miss some doc explaining the other stuff like
    "DrivingModel":2 etc..