Formula RaceRoom X-90.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gazza, Jun 7, 2019.

1. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    The thing with setups is they are not magic, the default setups are now very good and don't need much adjustment. Depending how you like to drive you may prefer a more planted turn in but this comes at the expense of a loose rear. Being able to get on the power early is key, how you do that is up to the driver really....

I often find that I get stuck at a certain laptime until I work out that I can go through a corner in a different gear or whatever.... If you keep doing the same thing lap after lap you end up with the same laptime. Following a faster ghost can help in that regard.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. greamec

greamec New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks @ravey1981 very useful info. What do you normally change first from default at lets say Imola?

3. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I always lower the front roll bars and take a click off the front springs as a start. I like my car's to have a good turn in, understeer is not my friend! I'll usually take a bit off the ride height and listen for scrapes. The thing with imola is the straights mostly come after medium quick corners so maintaining corner speed is important, hence high downforce. Other than that I just try different lines and braking points, I have a habit of shifting down to many gears sometimes and often it's quicker to stay in a higher gear.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ridge Racer

Ridge Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I have only ran default with rear wing down to 12, 2 clicks down on front ARB and ran a 1.23.8 yesterday (is on leader board) after about 10 laps. Probably a few tenths more with decent setup, but not much.

• Like Like x 1
  5. greamec

greamec New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Nice time I will have a look at it :), What is your favourite car out of the three?

6. Ridge Racer

Ridge Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    The V12! Love the way it sounds and feels.

7. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    This is my setup, actually doing 1.22.734. Full down force, softened suspensions/BAR/dampers for kurbs, small change on dampers to minimize understeer in curve entry, shorter gear box and brake balance more on rear. Not sure it's a good setup but I improved my time with it.

upload_2019-6-11_21-35-55.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. Ridge Racer

Ridge Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Salut Damien, nice lap time, I'll give your setup a try as I haven't started setup work for the series yet.

• Like Like x 1
  9. greamec

greamec New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thankyou for this. I really need to study some laps to find where I need to change. I feel like I am at my max when driving. 4 seconds a lap is a massive amount to find, wonder where I can find it :)
    practice , practice, practice

thanks again

10. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Probably on braking, I suppose cause it's often the case. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. greamec

greamec New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Yes you are spot on, I already found a lot of time on that first chicane at Imola just by being braver and later. I need to tinker but my feeling is I need to make the brakes sharper but at the same time avoid skidding under braking. Thanks again

12. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Or not braking.... I often find I brake to much when actually the car has more grip/downforce that I think....

• Like Like x 2
  13. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Yes, like Jean-Paul Belmondo said in the film "A bout de souffle":
    :D

14. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Yes it's the degressive braking. I was checking in Google and found this video that could be interesting. :)

This is my current best lap if it can help. :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. greamec

greamec New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for this. Well I can see why I am 4 seconds down. The speed you carry through the entire lap is impressive. You have defiantly shown me where I need to improve and how to drive certain corners that I have been unsure of how to approach.
    Regards

• Like Like x 1
  16. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    X-90 driver briefing coming here soon

• Like Like x 8
  17. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Thank you @ChatCureuil as I was able to compare my set up to yours and made my springs and ARB as yours and was a nice improvement.

• Like Like x 1